• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Jody23 said:

The fact that they went back and forth between moving the ball for a few games and now back to iso ball just proves the point.  Moving the ball is not a foundational principle.  It's not truly a part of who this team is.  It's the exception and only happens when guys feel like it.  It's been like this for years.  The root cause of why it happens isn't a couple of guys deciding to break from the gameplan.  95% of the time, iso ball is the gameplan and it negatively affects the team's play on both ends.  Why doesn't the coach get exasperated or call a timeout when Trae and Murray stop the ball, go on no pass possessions, and force bad shots?  Because that's his gameplan especially late in close games.  He enables this.  Sure, those guys need to realize that isn't good basketball AT ALL.  But most kids would eat sugar until their teeth fall out unless someone who knows better teaches them and shows them how detrimental it is.

So you think Trae doesn't fight with Nate and others on the team because of his play? Many have brought this up to Trae including John Collin who has been on the trading block ever since because the fans encourage the shoot it Trae offense.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Some people just don't know when to quit.  Trae didn't know.  Nate couldn't stop him.  Reading the roundup of the game, I found this gem.  Trae Young, in the closing quarter, missed 11 of his last 12 shots!

Trae didn't know when to stop shooting and give the ball to the hot hand.  If AJ Griffin did this the entire NBA world would be up in arms!  Either send the rook to the G League or outright release him!  Yet, apparently this hot shooting rookie wasn't good enough.  Either Nate had him on the pine or 
Trae refused to share the ball.

But Gray Mule, he's just a rookie and Nate will not put this kind of pressure on him.  Really?  And he's willing to let Trae shoot and shoot and shoot, always missing?  Then let him attempt to throw the ball in over the seven foot center with the final outcome depending on the results?

The more I hear and the more I read, the sicker I become of this entire mess!

:cry:

Gray...many of us have been talking about this for years with the hope that this player would eventually mature but it hasn't happened.  If he isn't allow to take shots crowning him the hero then he pouts which he has done every year at some point during the season.  None of this is new!

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had a lot of negative things to say about Trae after we drafted him. At this point there's no way to deny that he is way too selfish down the stretch in games. He literally just stops running an offense and goes into hero ball mode in any close game in the last three to four minutes. The last few games he was NOT doing that and we won five straight. He goes back into that way of playing and we lose. 

This isn't just this season. It is every season by him. I love Trae but you have to be objective. His mindset in close games is horrible. Just horrible.

Ive been saying this since forever.. All except, "I love Trae" that is.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't work then either. :blanky:

Nate.. IF Trae is your best passer.. then you ought to get some bigs and spend 2 or 3 days teaching them how to pass the ball in on inbound plays.   That's at least 2 games we lost  with this BS being a part of the loss.   It doesn't matter if Trae is the best passer if he can't get a pass off. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think Trae doesn't fight with Nate and other on the team because of his play? Many have brought this up to Trae including John Collin who has been on the trading block ever since because the fans encourage the shoot it Trae offense.

I'm not apologizing for Trae here.  I watched the play at 1:56 where Trae missed the three point shot badly...  What I noticed is that when Trae got the ball.. NOBODY Moved.   I would say it's Nate but my belief is that these cohorts are equally responsible for Trae's ISO play.   You have to move and give him some other choices.   If he has better choices and still chuck the three.. then we can call him every name under the sun... like we're doing now.  But if you offer him no other option... He's bad and You're bad too. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Gray...many of us have been talking about this for years with the hope that this player would eventually mature but it hasn't happened.  If he isn't allow to take shots crowning him the hero then he pouts which he has done every year at some point during the season.  None of this is new!

You were obviously missing the last 5 games before this one...

where were you Peo?

You missed all the times that somebody other than Trae brought us in and Trae didn't pout about it.   In fact, he was good with it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not apologizing for Trae here.  I watched the play at 1:56 where Trae missed the three point shot badly...  What I noticed is that when Trae got the ball.. NOBODY Moved.   I would say it's Nate but my belief is that these cohorts are equally responsible for Trae's ISO play.   You have to move and give him some other choices.   If he has better choices and still chuck the three.. then we can call him every name under the sun... like we're doing now.  But if you offer him no other option... He's bad and You're bad too. 

Perhaps everyone already knew what was about to happen. They've been around Trae long enough to know what it's like. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Perhaps everyone already knew what was about to happen. They've been around Trae long enough to know what it's like. 

Regardless.  That's part of the problem.   I have watched AJ prosper on this team because he's not Baptized into this idea that when Trae has the ball, he has to sit still like his moving is goigng to through off Trae's concentration.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

download.jpg.70de3d55225398fe8f89bf1903508e53.jpg

1 hour ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Something is missing with Trae.... Now I'm wondering if it's a case where he can't help himself with these inability to concentrate/focus to complete the task at hand...

Maybe Schlenk came to that conclusion & was trying to recoup what he could for Tony.... 

download.jpg.b851c36183bf71e8bfd643a34393b9a3.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Something is missing with Trae.... Now I'm wondering if it's a case where he can't help himself with these inability to concentrate/focus to complete the task at hand...

Does he need some Adderall or Ritalin 🤔...

Maybe Schlenk came to that conclusion & was trying to recoup what he could for Tony.... 

download.jpg.b851c36183bf71e8bfd643a34393b9a3.jpg

It's pretty obvious but posters continue to blame others. None of this is new. Trae has played hero ball ever since he has been in the league but his fans have to scape goat someone else. They are willing throw the entire team, coaching staff and fans under the bus to save this dude from criticism. It is so strange

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think Trae doesn't fight with Nate and other on the team because of his play? Many have brought this up to Trae including John Collin who has been on the trading block ever since because the fans encourage the shoot it Trae offense.

“The ball has energy,” Hunter said. “So obviously, when the ball is moving, you know guys play harder. You know, guys play harder on defense and offense. So yeah, that’s pretty much it.”

• Like 3

• Premium Member

@Sothron  

I have a logic question for you. 

If you feed a troll and 100% of the time agree with a troll.. does that make you a troll?

What I'm asking is:

Is the equation  Troll+100%(Troll) = 2Troll  correct?

or are there some variables that I may be missing?

The announcers said that same thing immediately about the "high five = incidental contact/no foul."  They knew it right away... but the refs didn't after a long period of review?  No one suggested that rule indicating no violation? 
We got screwed.
But, JJ should have never gotten that close, and the game should have never been that close.   

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

@Sothron  

I have a logic question for you. 

If you feed a troll and 100% of the time agree with a troll.. does that make you a troll?

What I'm asking is:

Is the equation  Troll+100%(Troll) = 2Troll  correct?

or are there some variables that I may be missing?

If you only post when a team loses and only have something negative to say and have a track record for years of doing that then yes, that would make someone a troll.

You are not a troll. Never called you one or said you were.