• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Evaluating and How to Evaluate Coaching Candidates (split off thread)

JTB

On 1/31/2023 at 11:35 PM, bleachkit said:

D'antoni is 71. That's getting kind of up there. I dont know. 

My exact thoughts which is why I thought Nash may be the splash coach hire and Nash just brings in Dantoni that way the FO gets the best of both worlds.

a younger coach in Nash that need some serious grooming and a HOF assistant in Dantoni sitting right there on the bench 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

E.T. Aka Sam Cassell is my number 2 bachelor. He likes to golf in the rain and play tic tac toe with Hakeem.

Mark Jax is a motivator and my number 3 bachelor. He likes to go to church and eat bags of pork rhines.

Becky is a beaut. 

Any of the 3.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

This team needs a hardass coach like a Thibs.  Someone who is gonna come in, piss off all the players by forcing them to give 100% effort every second they are on the court and will eventually get fired in a few years because everyone hates him...but in those 3 years he just might teach our team of lazy entitled prima donnas how to actually play hard and work for something.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

This team needs a hardass coach like a Thibs.  Someone who is gonna come in, piss off all the players by forcing them to give 100% effort every second they are on the court and will eventually get fired in a few years because everyone hates him...but in those 3 years he just might teach our team of lazy entitled prima donnas how to actually play hard and work for something.

Wasn't this LPs strategy?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why come?

I'm low on experiments, which is why I'm not high on Cassell or other 1st timers.  I'm begrudgingly ok with Charles Lee or whatever his name is.  Just due to being familiar with him.

im afraid whoever hires her will do so more as a gimmick, which is unfortunate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

The ol' Scott Skiles plan?

You left out the part about Skiles getting a couple chick's pregnant along the way.  True story. He low key has like 11 kids with 10 different chicks. 

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Love me some Becki..... 🤩

But she's not on my list right now.  

What makes her better than at least a half dozen other NBA assistants (... presumably male though in this era perhaps we just don't know what we don't know, right?... I mean there were so many cleverly-disguised women who fought in the Civil War, right?... ) with similar if not more extensive and impressive resumes?

I think we know the answer to that.

Me, I treat women like they're men. Some people don't see color, I don't see secondary sexual characteristics, make-up and long hair. (Where this kind of thing is concerned, that is. 🙂 ) She gets no added benefit to the assessment of her basketball value based on political correctness and posturing in order to be acceptable to the female population.

Based on the evidence I see posted, I'm inclined to believe I'm one of the few, if any, here who can say that.

Now, if you'll just pardon me for a moment...

ScornfulShallowCardinal-max-1mb.gif

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I choke at the adjective... how about "insecure" or "promiscuous"?

I believe the word conveys the proper picture of the man.  Becomes a father with no thought of his future child.

:stirthepot:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, shakes said:

So, in your opinion, it's not lack of talent, it's not lack of Xs and Os.... we just have too many lazy ass prima donnas.

Hmm.

That's a lot different than what I usually read here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

What makes her better than at least a half dozen other NBA assistants (... presumably male though in this era perhaps we just don't know what we don't know, right?... I mean there were so many cleverly-disguised women who fought in the Civil War, right?... ) with similar if not more extensive and impressive resumes?

I think we know the answer to that.

Me, I treat women like they're men. Some people don't see color, I don't see secondary sexual characteristics, make-up and long hair. (Where this kind of thing is concerned, that is. 🙂 ) She gets no added benefit to the assessment of her basketball value based on political correctness and posturing in order to be acceptable to the female population.

Based on the evidence I see posted, I'm inclined to believe I'm one of the few, if any, here who can say that.

*puts on kevlar vest*

Sheesh.  So, in other, shorter words, you're thinking her elevated status is partly due to the novelty of her womanhood?

I think it plays a part but she has actually accomplished some stuff as a asst and HC, so it's not made up.

I do, however, think the optics play a part. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The ol' Scott Skiles plan?

You left out the part about Skiles getting a couple chick's pregnant along the way.  True story. He low key has like 11 kids with 10 different chicks. 

lol forgot about Skiles.  One of my all time favorite players.   Didn't he fight Shaq in the locker room in Orlando?   ONly player Bobby Knight wouldn't shake hands with after he played his final game.

I think he still holds the record for most assists in a game.

Love Skiles.  Yes, bring him in!

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sheesh.  So, in other, shorter words, you're thinking her elevated status is partly due to the novelty of her womanhood?

I think it plays a part but she has actually accomplished some stuff as a asst and HC, so it's not made up.

I do, however, think the optics play a part. 

Seems I needed to use longer words. Appears I lost you after "What"... 😉

27 minutes ago, sturt said:

What makes her better than at least a half dozen other NBA assistants

She's getting treated by some as-if she's so distinguished herself, any team with post season expectations and a vacancy should scoop her up.

"Better"... what makes her better.

I don't hand my team with post-season expectations off to a rookie head coach, regardless of anatomy.

I might very well do that if my team is in a developmental phase.

Even then. She's one in the pool, and at that, she's not even necessarily the best of the pool. She's a reasonable option.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Jody23 said:

D'Antoni likes to run a heliocentric offense.  I don't think that's going to be optimal, especially if you want to go far in the playoffs.  Plus is D'Antoni going to be a long term guy?

The thing I said about him is that he's definitely old and this may be his last shot...  but if he were to take a deal with us, he'd probably have his successor by his side (somebody who would pick up his ways and allow him to go upstairs).  Previously I suggested:

Warriors coach Jarron Collins opens up about family, foundation, and  success - Golden State Of Mind  

but there's also...

Report: Raptors 905 coach Patrick Mutombo joining Suns as assistant |  theScore.com  Lakers Rumors: L.A. asks to interview Raptors coach Adrian Griffin - Silver  Screen and Roll  David Vanterpool

Carter: Raptors return 'has to be something the organization wants' |  theScore.com  G League's Cleveland Charge hire Mike Gerrity as coach

If I was a guessing man.

D'Antoni, with a 2 year stint with Adrian Griffin as his Lead Assistant and will be the Coach in waiting.