• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nate McMillan Fired

theheroatl

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We won't hire a permanent coach mid season for several reasons .1. If they are interested in a person on a another team,  and 2. they need to not rush it. 3. A new coach would want to start mid season.

If it's Udoka, I think we probably will.   I don't think the new FO is afraid of pushback from the media on Udoka. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This isn't going to fix the team like some may assume but it seems like a pretty necessary move for a disappointing team with new management. Now they have all the time to start the search for "their" guy. 

The team has fit issues. We can't do that till the offseason. What Puntry can do is get our players to play defense harder

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sources tell me this was a Tony Ressler decision after talking with the FO and the players. Tony wants to try and save the season and Tony was told Nate had lost the locker room not just one or two guys but the locker room. 

FO is on board for this because Nate was going to be gone after this season no matter what. This gives the FO more time to talk to candidates and make an early start on the coaching search.

Thoughts...

Jay will disagree, but "trying to save the season" wouldn't seem likely to happen if we're waiting until the end of the season to make the permanent hire.

Doubt the owner made the decision without himself having in-mind some candidate(s) he wouldn't mind hiring. I'm not a big Quinn fan like some, but I think he's easily the odds-on favorite under the circumstances.

That Nate had lost the locker room seemed almost certain to me, and probably others, listening to the post-game pressers of-late. When he revealed he'd said some things at the half of the SAS game that he couldn't repeat, that concerned me that he spent all the artillery he had left... and when the team laid an egg vs. Hornets and Knicks thereafter... I didn't say it specifically b/c I don't like being one of those fans contributing to the negative noise, but I posted something the other day hinting my belief that this could be happening.

Interested to hear if there's any new thoughts from your sources, @Sothron , about the previously suggested interest in D'Antoni.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

This isn't going to fix the team like some may assume but it seems like a pretty necessary move for a disappointing team with new management. Now they have all the time to start the search for "their" guy. 

I'm not looking fir a quick fix. I just want a complimentary offense and defense run, timely in game adjustment and not afraid.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's been a matter of hours and I'm already exhausted with this topic.  That's gotta be a record. 

But there is so much more. Players are back at practice tomorrow.

What's gonna be your name for Prunty. Gonna miss the iRobot nickname, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sources tell me this was a Tony Ressler decision after talking with the FO and the players. Tony wants to try and save the season and Tony was told Nate had lost the locker room not just one or two guys but the locker room. 

FO is on board for this because Nate was going to be gone after this season no matter what. This gives the FO more time to talk to candidates and make an early start on the coaching search.

If Nate was going to be gone after this season "no matter what"... shouldn't the front office have been putting feelers out there before now?  That makes no sense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If Nate was going to be gone after this season "no matter what"... shouldn't the front office have been putting feelers out there before now?  That makes no sense. 

I would think they  have been, just not publicly since Nate was still the coach.

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But there is so much more. Players are back at practice tomorrow.

What's gonna be your name for Prunty. Gonna miss the iRobot nickname, lol.

The scary thing is, Prunty was the inspiration for the iRobot name.  Ts a hive mind.  They're all connected.  We're not in good hands, burd.  Get out while you still can....

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Of course he's gonna weigh-in and back Nate:

Copies didn't come through.  Who?  What? How? 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You can't go out hunting for a HC when you still have one. That is not how you replace a coach. Firing Nate gives them a clean break and lets them talk to candidates. I don't know how you think that makes "no sense". You don't interview people when their first question would be "Hmm, don't you still have a coach?"

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The scary thing is, Prunty was the inspiration for the iRobot name.  Ts a hive mind.  They're all connected.  We're not in good hands, burd.  Get out while you still can....

Copies didn't come through.  Who?  What? How? 

You good buddy George Karl