• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm also rooting for Denver.  I can't root for anyone left in the East other than hoping to see things that disrupt teams ala the Celtics getting swept and breaking up with Jalen Brown.

you can always join me on the Brunson bandwagon.  Plenty of room.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Warriors Lakers is Silver's ratings dream matchup... don't care too much who wins that one but my hope is that the Nuggets ultimately come out of the west.  That team has been plagued with injuries and watching them while healthy is a treat -- very good basketball.

For the East...... well, I don't want anyone to win, so here is what I'm "rooting" for.  I think, ideally, the Heat beat the Knicks because NY in the ECF will be insufferable... then I also hope the Celtics beat Philly because I love the fact Embiid has never made it to the ECF.  After that, I hope Miami somehow upsets the C's so the Celtics can be devastated and maybe JB wants out.  In the finals, I hope the Nuggets then end Miami who will be 0-2 in the finals with this core and Jokic will get a ring.

:good: you pretty much laid out how I hope it plays out.

• Like 2

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, shakes said:

you can always join me on the Brunson bandwagon.  Plenty of room.

I might like individual players on a team like the Knicks but I'm not going to root for the team.  They have a bunch of UK players that I wish well individually but I can't get behind rooting for the Knicks and watching the media lose their minds if they do anything right.  I don't have strong feelings about Brunson either way but respect his game and career to date.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, AHF said:

I might like individual players on a team like the Knicks but I'm not going to root for the team.  They have a bunch of UK players that I wish well individually but I can't get behind rooting for the Knicks and watching the media lose their minds if they do anything right.  I don't have strong feelings about Brunson either way but respect his game and career to date.

yea it's very tough to root for the Knicks.  I need a shower after every game.   

• Haha 1

It's Celtics or Sixers coming out of the East.

I want to say Suns, but they are lacking something. Lakers/Warriors can both retire, and the Nuggets are, boring.

I think the East has the best basketball to be played right now. I would take any team but NY to beat any of the West teams left.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

then I also hope the Celtics beat Philly

I missed this. I can't root for the Green, eva....I think I want an Jokic/Embiid matchup....if Embiid doesn't duck Jokic. Both top MVP candidates - a good big man battle with supporting guards in Murray and Harden.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

About Philly's win last night..

PJ Tucker played 36 minutes and scored absolutely no points.   I wanted to ask the question, could Hawks fans live with a player who was on the floor who didn't provide scoring, but then I remembered....

Spoiler

Report: Solomon Hill to return to Hawks on one-year deal - Peachtree Hoops

This guy...  While some of us LOVED SOLO and what he Brought to our young team, some fans didn't understand why he was taking up a Roster space and claimed he was a Nate Fallback because Nate preferred Vets. 

• Premium Member

Another Playoff, Another CP3 injury....

Chris Paul suffers groin injury

i_86_97_52_chris-paul.png?w=190

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another Playoff, Another CP3 injury....

Chris Paul suffers groin injury

i_86_97_52_chris-paul.png?w=190

Sweep GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

About Philly's win last night..

PJ Tucker played 36 minutes and scored absolutely no points.   I wanted to ask the question, could Hawks fans live with a player who was on the floor who didn't provide scoring, but then I remembered....

Hide contents

Report: Solomon Hill to return to Hawks on one-year deal - Peachtree Hoops

This guy...  While some of us LOVED SOLO and what he Brought to our young team, some fans didn't understand why he was taking up a Roster space and claimed he was a Nate Fallback because Nate preferred Vets. 

The Hawks were decidedly WORSE the moment the Swiss Army Knife left them.  He drove me crazy at times, but he was a stabilizing force on the team.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I missed this. I can't root for the Green, eva....I think I want an Jokic/Embiid matchup....if Embiid doesn't duck Jokic. Both top MVP candidates - a good big man battle with supporting guards in Murray and Harden.

For me, the pecking order of preferred NBA Champs:

1. GS
  2. Denver
  3. Phx
  4. LAL
  5. Philly
  6. Heat
  7. Nix
  8. Bos

Never understood the GS hate around here.  Steph is an amazing player and doesn't seem like an ahole for the most part. Easy to root for. Denver is fine, boring, but fine. The rest?  Meh.  Philly is nothing more than "not as terrible as Miami, NYK, or Boston"

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, shakes said:

only one person around here hates GSW and it's because he lives in the area and is clearly jealous of Steph's success.

May be a fan of...

Spoiler

Former Warriors guard Monta Ellis is attempting NBA comeback - NBC Sports  Bay Area

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

GS

Get out! 

Never understood the GS hate around here. 

🤡 

doesn't seem like an ahole for the most part. Easy to root for.

You don’t know much about the Warriors do you? 

Steph

It’s really amazing he has stayed fully healthy. If I’m the other team I go ankle hunting like the warriors did to Kawhi and send a goon to do it. 

I’d love to see a Mo Bamba send sCurvy into retirement.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

May be a fan of...

Hide contents

Former Warriors guard Monta Ellis is attempting NBA comeback - NBC Sports  Bay Area

At that point they had not yet stabber a black man, Mark Jackson in the back, and had him build the whole thing only to hand it to the white man, Kerr. It’s sad.

But ya I’ve always hated them, I was really excited when they traded Richmond to the Kings for Billy Owens, then a few years later they traded Webber to DC.

They’re fans… bandwagon fans who don’t know basketball well. 

• Moderators

Never understood the GS hate around here.  Steph is an amazing player and doesn't seem like an ahole for the most part. Easy to root for. Denver is fine, boring, but fine. The rest?  Meh.  Philly is nothing more than "not as terrible as Miami, NYK, or Boston"

I don't gate GS or Steph but I am sick of seeing them win and would like to see a team that has never done it before like the Nuggets win.  That is an easy call for me before you get to Denver being very entertaining to watch and having a UK player among their best on the roster.  If GS wins after they got the 6th seed in the West, it will be a pretty forgettable addition to their dynasty run.  If Denver wins, that is gamechanging for their franchise and fan base.  As a member of a fan base who is starved for that kind of success, I'd prefer to see it spread around a bit just as a fan of the game.

• Like 1