• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A quick word on other games.....

Diesel

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

a few years later they traded Webber to DC

That explains it. 

What did you think about the Vince Carter, Antwain Jamison Swap?

I would be pissed too.. Yall picked Todd Fuller over Kobe, Peja, Illguaskas, Nash, and Oneal.

Even after the webber trade.. could have had:

Googs, Carter, Kobe, Hughes. 

or 

Googs, Jamison, Hughes, and Nash...

O Well. 

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't gate GS or Steph but I am sick of seeing them win and would like to see a team that has never done it before like the Nuggets win.  That is an easy call for me before you get to Denver being very entertaining to watch and having a UK player among their best on the roster.  If GS wins after they got the 6th seed in the West, it will be a pretty forgettable addition to their dynasty run.  If Denver wins, that is gamechanging for their franchise and fan base.  As a member of a fan base who is starved for that kind of success, I'd prefer to see it spread around a bit just as a fan of the game.

How about Phoenix.

Phoenix hold court in Phoenix, steals 1 in Denver.    Anybody but the Lakers...  Also, i want to see Philly in the finals.   W or L.. Just give Embiid and Harden some hope.   Give Doc some love. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How about Phoenix.

Phoenix hold court in Phoenix, steals 1 in Denver.    Anybody but the Lakers...  Also, i want to see Philly in the finals.   W or L.. Just give Embiid and Harden some hope.   Give Doc some love. 

I'm not big on Phoenix because Durant is leading them.  Durant has already won a couple of rings and he has just jumped from super team to super team after deciding that an OKC team that was good enough to be up 3-2 in the WCF wasn't enough for him.  I'm soured on rooting for Durant ever since he jumped from OKC to GS.  I'd be much higher on them if they were doing it with say Paul, Booker, and someone like Jaylen Brown or Donovan Mitchell rather than Durant.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not big on Phoenix because Durant is leading them.  Durant has already won a couple of rings and he has just jumped from super team to super team after deciding that an OKC team that was good enough to be up 3-2 in the WCF wasn't enough for him.  I'm soured on rooting for Durant ever since he jumped from OKC to GS.  I'd be much higher on them if they were doing it with say Paul, Booker, and someone like Jaylen Brown or Donovan Mitchell rather than Durant.

I can't exactly judge Durant because I don't know how hard it was playing with Westbrook.  The thing about KD is that he seems like a very go with the flow kinda guy.  So what was it that Westbrook was doing that made him say... F it.. I'm out.  People think it was the draw of the Warriors.  I've always looked at it as being getting away from Westbrook... Mainly because he didn't stay with the Warriors. 

I can separate his actions from Bron's because Bron has continually premeditatedly tried building a superteam.  I can't respect that.   Barkley could have gotten some chips if he had teamed up with Jordan and Pippen.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Since I’ve been dealing with a piece of $hit on this board let’s sign one! 

Go Hawks! 

ps Our POS still worse imo. :huh:

IMG_7418.jpeg

He can be our Marcus Smart. I'd take him if he isn't broken now. We need to get more grit (see what I did there).

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can't exactly judge Durant because I don't know how hard it was playing with Westbrook.  The thing about KD is that he seems like a very go with the flow kinda guy.  So what was it that Westbrook was doing that made him say... F it.. I'm out.  People think it was the draw of the Warriors.  I've always looked at it as being getting away from Westbrook... Mainly because he didn't stay with the Warriors. 

I can separate his actions from Bron's because Bron has continually premeditatedly tried building a superteam.  I can't respect that.   Barkley could have gotten some chips if he had teamed up with Jordan and Pippen.

Durant definitely has premeditatively tried to join super teams ever since leaving OKC.  Even if you give him a pass for bailing on Oklahoma because of Westbrook, when he left he could have gone anywhere.  He chose to join the NBA champs instead of joining a team that was trying to break through or trying to build his own team.  Then he very deliberately tried to form a superteam in Brooklyn LeBron style.  Then he pushed his way out to Phoenix, the #1 seed from the west last year who already had Paul, Booker and Ayton.

Bron and Durant are indisputably the same at this point in their careers.  They move from team to team pairing up with other acknowledged stars to try to win another ring.  LeBron is just a better player so it works better.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Go Hawks! 

IMG_7418.jpeg

Can we be honest tho?  This guy's terrible but their problem is Ja Warrant.  This is them giving themselves a haircut (Brooks) to cure a broken leg (Ja). 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Go Hawks! 

IMG_7418.jpeg

Absolutely not. That guy gave the Lakers way too much bulletin board material and then chickened out afterwards when it was time to back it up. The Hawks need toughness not fake toughness. I'll take a Solo over Brooks all day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

He can be our Marcus Smart.

Uh huh… that’s like somebody saying Eric Snow is pretty close to Gary Payton. And no, I don’t live smart’s personality he’s a moron.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Uh huh… that’s like somebody saying Eric Snow is pretty close to Gary Payton. And no, I don’t live smart’s personality he’s a moron.

Smart is a player you hate when he's not on your team, but love when he is.

• Thanks 1

OFF TOPIC:

I love lesbians. I gotta hand it to them, the fact that they don’t want all this… you gotta respect that. 

Just now, BangHolman said:

Thank you swami salami. :laugh1:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Apparently Brooks isn't someone that the Grizz love having on their team, though, fwiw.  Can't really imagine the Celtics telling Smart to go take a walk when he hits free agency.

• Thanks 1