• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young voted most overrated player in the NBA by his peers

NBASupes

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Maybe so.  I was always told that he decided to stay in Baton Rouge and work at the Bank instead of play in Atlanta.  Maybe he retired and was asked to come out of retirement to start the new franchise.  Sheez, he was only 32 when he retired. 

If he was asked four years after retiring to come out of retirement and declined that is a way different situation than him refusing to come to Atlanta as an active player when the team moved.  I don't think you can hold this against Petit at all.

• Premium Member

Back to this idea of voted...

It was truly a Blackball case last year... Trae and the ALL NBA Team.

He was voted ALL NBA 3rd team.  He had an awesome year that should have gotten him second team or better.   At this rate, I don't know if there is anything that Trae can do that would get him ALL NBA first team recognition from the voters (media). 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

And that's why I've been harping on the lack of 3pt shooting since before the season started.  It's a roster construction problem.  

Thank you for bringing some sanity into these discussions.  I'm too busy and too lazy to dig up stats to support what is so blatantly obvious to anybody that doesn't have an axe to grind.  If you have guys who excel at dribble penetration (or the low post), you need real shooters on the perimeter.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, Diesel said:

I hope he uses this as Fuel. 

I don't ever remember this distinction given before??

Did somebody say Barkley was most overrated back in the day and I missed it?

Speaking of Stans....

Laughing GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

Wasnt he picked last in the All Star game the year We played Miami in the Playoffs?

Edited by terrell

On 4/18/2023 at 12:17 PM, JTB said:

Crazy how all these stories come out during playoff time but really nothing new here.

we already knew his peers didn’t like him when the all star voting was revealed.

This...

• Premium Member
On 4/18/2023 at 10:39 AM, NBASupes said:

Al ain't even top 50 all time for me. But he's the best Atlanta Hawk though. 

We are all entitled to our opinions.  I am not going slam you for the way you view Horford I am not sure why anyone would slam someone for liking a player like Trae. 

On 4/19/2023 at 8:38 AM, bleachkit said:

For high usage players to be winning players, they have to be efficient. If you are a high usage player that is inefficient, then you are not helping your team win, at least not consistently. Trae's not a particularly efficient shooter from the field, that's a problem. He's heavily reliant on free throws to boost his scoring and TS%. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but in the playoffs those whistles have a tendency to dry up. I respect his creativity and flair, but I'm not sure he's a guy you can build around, certainly not at max money. 

Agreed.

• Premium Member
On 4/19/2023 at 9:29 AM, AtLaS said:

100%.  After the 2021 playoffs, in the 2022 regular season he took his game to another level we hadn't seen before.  The Miami series broke him mentally.  

It's pretty clear that Trae lives and dies by his confidence.  Check his summer league and the first 2 months of his rookie year, the criticism was in his head until he overcame it.  Miami series happened and it took him down a peg and he's still trying to get through it.  

The reason he's not a winning player right now is confidence.  If we have 2021/22 Trae confidence he is a legitimate winning player that is extremely hard to stop.  Because of his size, so much of his game is based on quick/fast decisions, so if his confidence is shaken AT ALL he's going to struggle.  

Interesting take. There might be something to this. I don’t agree that Miami shook his confidence though. But it is clear his 3 point shooting has taken a dip. He is almost reluctant to shoot it at times. Not only did he not become more of an off the ball shooter, he actually shot off the dribble worse. I think this might have been the coaching rub that Trae was trying to conform his game by not taking shots when he felt like it to try to become more efficient but it worked in the opposite.  

5 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Interesting take. There might be something to this. I don’t agree that Miami shook his confidence though. But it is clear his 3 point shooting has taken a dip. He is almost reluctant to shoot it at times. Not only did he not become more of an off the ball shooter, he actually shot off the dribble worse. I think this might have been the coaching rub that Trae was trying to conform his game by not taking shots when he felt like it to try to become more efficient but it worked in the opposite.  

Yeah Trae has enough confidence to around the whole world and back so Im with you I definitely don’t agree the heat took his confidence lol…..but the other part you mentioned I believe there’s some facts to that this season. Nate sold last off season as a Trae plays off ball 10% of the time type thing but didn’t really implement any real movement for Trae. Then all the Trae haters point at Trae not moving off ball and ignore the fact that hardly no player other than AJ and a small sample of bogi moves off ball….so it’s extremely bias when it comes to Trae.

Now that we have synder we have a coach with a proven track record of player and ball movement. Directly from the bud tree and this is what we all wanted back here (at least most hawk fan)….it won’t just be a Trae Young focused off ball thing about off ball movement…it will be the whole team.

• Like 2

To all who think this team build is “flawed” just stop and take stock for a second…

All first rounders in the rotation. Not 1, not 2, but 3 elite PNR lob threats who were drafted, acquired, and extended.  A backcourt mate coming off an AS campaign who Trae campaigned and signed off on.  A well above average range shooter who doesn’t care about starting.  That’s half of the roster dedicated to “building” around this player that you love.  Coaches and GMs getting canned on his account.  But everyone else the problem:

4BE0288F-39B1-4233-991D-3BFD5B8C029F.thumb.jpeg.8fd57335b56d3ce3c9939074dea8dde6.jpeg

Trae is the only player who’s time off the floor has benefited the Hawks in this series (to the obscene tune of over 10 points per 100 smh).  I know that doesn’t matter to most of you, I’m just getting my nonsense agenda on lol.

Edited by benhillboy