• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

We had chances down the stretch.  Each time from 10 minute down that we started it back up, we'd get a turnover by ref call.   OO and Bogi were prime targets. 

Some questionable calls. 

So... Marcus smart bounces the ball off of his foot.. or off of Hunters foot (kickball) and Jayson Tatum goes back in the back court to get it... no over and back called?  Ref call something?

I give Jaylen Brown his due tonight.  With mask off, he is a problem for us.. 

I still believe that we can beat them.. we just can't have periods of none scoring. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Uhh, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is.  That was a pretty aggressive confrontation with clear, non-incidental contact.  He’s averaging a -5 in the series, his absence is no biggie.  Trent, Vit, and Aaron can give you that.

30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Did murray try to fight the ref at the end?

He bumped the ref lighter than Tatum tugged on the net on that obvious goaltend that none of 3 officials, that were all looking directly and only at the play, somehow missed .... 

We got beat but that kinda shat ain't exactly cool. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

He bumped the ref lighter than Tatum tugged on the net on that obvious goaltend that none of 3 officials, that were all looking directly and only at the play, somehow missed .... 

We got beat but that kinda shat ain't exactly cool. 

There were a few things that these refs missed in my opinion. 

But no time to cry about that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

IMO, Boston is a very talented team that still has questions....  Mazzulla is a great defensive mind.   I didn't see much adjustments made during the series so far and yes.. if we hit our open shots in the first, we'd be 2-2.   But I believe that if we can get a vic in Boston, that team will lose confidence fast.  They are living on talent.. not coaching.   If they lose, they will all question coaching. 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

1, 2, 4…no

1, 2, 5…crap

We just struggle with easy 3’s.

The savagery!

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

There were a few things that these refs missed in my opinion. 

But no time to cry about that. 

It's my party and I'll cry if I fkng want to.

I did find it cute how, after each time they hosed us, they made up for it by calling the next moving screen by BOS.  So they screwed us but ... give them props for greasin' up, I guess? 😲

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Threezus said it best on realgm. We need to pair KAT with Trae or if we trade Trae, it has to be for someone like Jaylen Brown or Anthony Edwards. Other than that. I just don't see a better move than running it back unless we can get someone like Sengun. Okongwu gives us flexibility to take on bad defensive centers. 

I've never seen this quote before in my life.  You must have me mistaken for Treezus  my evil forest counterpart >.>  Adding in the Edwards was a nice touch lol.

Edited by Threezus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

IMO, Boston is a very talented team that still has questions....  Mazzulla is a great defensive mind.   I didn't see much adjustments made during the series so far and yes.. if we hit our open shots in the first, we'd be 2-2.   But I believe that if we can get a vic in Boston, that team will lose confidence fast.  They are living on talent.. not coaching.   If they lose, they will all question coaching. 

He doesn't impress me but their staff as a whole does.  I saw some creative stuff they did.  That combined with us passing down our legs at times is why we're down 3-1. 

Just now, Threezus said:

I've never seen this quote before in my life.  You must have me mistaken for Treezus  my evil forrest counterpart >.>  Adding in the Edwards was a nice touch lol.

Haha.  IOW, 'lies detected'..

Give me Naz Reid, btw, not Kitty Kat. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We had chances down the stretch.  Each time from 10 minute down that we started it back up, we'd get a turnover by ref call.   OO and Bogi were prime targets. 

Some questionable calls. 

So... Marcus smart bounces the ball off of his foot.. or off of Hunters foot (kickball) and Jayson Tatum goes back in the back court to get it... no over and back called?  Ref call something?

I give Jaylen Brown his due tonight.  With mask off, he is a problem for us.. 

I still believe that we can beat them.. we just can't have periods of none scoring. 

You still believe we can beat them 3 games in a row?

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1:....stop. 

What great impact is he providing?  I’ll take Aaron’s steadier ball protection and three point shooting, Trent’s foul drawing, and Vit’s smart movement  over his jump shooting.

DJ doesn’t know how to run an efficient offense and his defensive discipline is ass.  Those are loss contributors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

GET A STOP!!!!

I'm not sure where she saw it and I doubt it has much validity, but the article talked about a big trade between the Hawks and the Raptors.  Basically it's Trae for Siakim.  I would jump on that so fast it would your head swim, but Toronto would.probably not be suckered in to making that trade.

Just now, kg01 said:

He doesn't impress me but their staff as a whole does.  I saw some creative stuff they did.  That combined with us passing down our legs at times is why we're down 3-1. 

Haha.  IOW, 'lies detected'..

Give me Naz Reid, btw, not Kitty Kat. 

Honestly if anyone believes Markannen can keep repeating his performance from this year.  He would be a pretty good get to add as well probably even better than KAT.  Lauri if im not mistaken can play a bit better defense than KAT while also putting up just as good offensively and from the 3.