• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So you want to trade him for a guy that's not a centerpiece?

Where is Toronto with Siakam as the main guy?

We're going to have to rebuild anyway.  You cannot win a championship with a six ft tall bean pole who thinks far too highly of himself.  If you put him on this Boston team in place of White or Smart, would the Celtics be a better team?  I don't think so.  He would not subjugate his game to Tatum or Brown, and there would always be tension and discord.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What champion teams had a 6' to 6'1" point guard as their best player?

Before Jordan did it, how many 6'6" SGs won multiple championships?

Before Lebron did it, how many 6'9" 270 SFs won the championship?

Before  Steph did it, how many PGs won the MVP unanimously?

The point is... that's a really dumb standard.   Sounds like Skip Bayless stupidity?  Next time you're listening to Skip, do some critical damn thinking.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Star players need star level help.

You swap out Collins for Siakam, and this is a completely different series.

You trade Trae for Siakam, and Siakam would still need help.

Well, everyone on here trashes Collins, perhaps rightfully so.  We don't have much in the way of draft picks for the next few years.  What is Toronto's incentive?

Just now, Watchman said:

Well, everyone on here trashes Collins, perhaps rightfully so.  We don't have much in the way of draft picks for the next few years.  What is Toronto's incentive?

I'm not saying we could trade Collins for Siakam.  I'm saying that if we had a player like Siakam instead of Collins, we would have trio of players in Trae, Dejounte, and Siakam to throw at people.  That's at least better than what we have right now.

But you want to add stars. Not subtract a star to get one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

We're going to have to rebuild anyway.  You cannot win a championship with a six ft tall bean pole who thinks far too highly of himself.  If you put him on this Boston team in place of White or Smart, would the Celtics be a better team?  I don't think so.  He would not subjugate his game to Tatum or Brown, and there would always be tension and discord.

Your Trae hate is showing. 

The wonderful thing about basketball is that there is no standard for what you can or cannot win with....  Every time you set a standard, someone will come along and break it.   But I want you to hear how you and @bleachkit sound...

For instance...  There has never been an NBA champion that didn't have a Player who was top 20 in Rebounds per game. 

Therefore, the Celtics should stop playing right now.. and should dismantle the team.

• Premium Member

I get it, Trae isn't everyone's cup of tea, and that's ok - but some of these trade ideas are just down right silly.  Make it make real sense if you want to trade him so we are actually a better team and closer to contending from where we are.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get it, Trae isn't everyone's cup of tea, and that's ok - but some of these trade ideas are just down right silly.  Make it make real sense if you want to trade him so we are actually a better team.

Too much reliving the past and mad about it. 

These people don't have trades that will make the hawks in anyway better.   They have trades that will allow them to have a draft lottery party. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Your Trae hate is showing. 

The wonderful thing about basketball is that there is no standard for what you can or cannot win with....  Every time you set a standard, someone will come along and break it.   But I want you to hear how you and @bleachkit sound...

For instance...  There has never been an NBA champion that didn't have a Player who was top 20 in Rebounds per game. 

Therefore, the Celtics should stop playing right now.. and should dismantle the team.

Here's the bottom line Diesel.  I just don't like arrogant people who believe that they've never made a mistake in their whole life.  How many times will he do the pound the ball into the floor with time running out, only to get trapped, turn the ball over or throw up a lousy shot?  He needs to learn how to manage time.  He's been in the league five years now.  This is a junior varsity high school level mistake.  And you can see it coming and know exactly what he is going to do.  Undoubtedly he is very talented, he just needs to play smart for a change.

I do think Atlanta should be I'm the OG sweepstakes. The cost won't be cheap but two 1sts should get it done. 

16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm not saying we could trade Collins for Siakam.  I'm saying that if we had a player like Siakam instead of Collins, we would have trio of players in Trae, Dejounte, and Siakam to throw at people.  That's at least better than what we have right now.

But you want to add stars. Not subtract a star to get one.

Based on Siakam price, I don't believe Collins would be in such a deal. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Toronto wants a lot for Siakam. Basically what Atlanta got for Murray and that's a lot considering he's expiring on a big contract whereas Murray is making pennies making a lot of deals possible. 

Siakim has 1 year left at $37 million....even an extension at the new 140% max that is $51 million starting. Oy ve.

• Thanks 1