• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Mouhamed Gueye

NBASupes

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I listened to the whole thing, it was solid and he said a lot that you had to cover the team to know. 

I did question 2 things. 

1. Age - He kept saying 22 years old when Mo and his data says 20. 

2. I don't think he understands how the NBA works but that's normal with college beat writers, shit, even pro ones, remember Chris K 

The more I read about Gueye the more I hope to see him in a regular game with the Hawks.  He may open the season with the Skyhawks.  But, sooner or later Gueye and Trae will be seen together!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I listened to the whole thing, it was solid and he said a lot that you had to cover the team to know. 

I did question 2 things. 

1. Age - He kept saying 22 years old when Mo and his data says 20. 

2. I don't think he understands how the NBA works but that's normal with college beat writers, shit, even pro ones, remember Chris K 

I have listened to part of it.  I feel like Brad tends to focus more on what a player is at this moment and can't look ahead and see something developing that may not be readily apparent now.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is year 4 a team option?

I think the new 2nd rounders 4-year ones are

GTD

GTD

Non-GTD

Team plus RFA

UFA

Basically, anyone who does well, on the team will opt out of the Team in his 4th so they can resign him and not let him go to UFA. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

MoG's interview after practice yesterday was interesting, they want him to:

• Be on the Perimeter
  • Guard up to the 3 (vs 4/5) and handle the ball
  • Be a wing guy vs a big man
  • It's a new role for him since he was a 4/5 in college.
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

• Be on the Perimeter

He said that he's learning a lot.  Impressive interview with all three draft picks.  I like what Landry is doing!

If the Hawks, who have already done two deals and the draft, roll with what we have right now, I'm happy.

:smug:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

• Be on the Perimeter

Imagine that.  A young player being given exactly what they want him to work on.  Compare that to throwing him on the court and telling him to just play while we lose games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

As much as I wasn't a fan of Pierce or Nate at times, I don't believe for a second that you are describing what they did with young players under their watch.  High school coaches don't just throw players on the court and tell them to play.  These guys absolutely had things to work on.  Example:  There was definitely a deliberate effort by the coaching staff to get JC to develop his jumper.

I do still hope that the level of focus and the depth of instruction will be improved under Quin.

KB21 has a delusion to how LP and Nate were

Nate is Nate. He wants you to keep the main thing the main thing and do what you are best at the most and produce results with it. 

LP had a scheme and system he wanted you to execute. He believes in player development but pd is hard if you can't communicate with your players well and they are having a hard time buying into your program. 

Both obviously wanted the players to get better. But LP was more scheme focused and Nate was extremely results oriented focused. Quin is about player development and scheme like LP but he's superior to LP at this stage with a lot more experience 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

As much as I wasn't a fan of Pierce or Nate at times, I don't believe for a second that you are describing what they did with young players under their watch.  High school coaches don't just throw players on the court and tell them to play.  These guys absolutely had things to work on.  Example:  There was definitely a deliberate effort by the coaching staff to get JC to develop his jumper.

I do still hope that the level of focus and the depth of instruction will be improved under Quin.

Yep.  That happened during his one season where he was fortunate enough to play for Bud.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  That happened during his one season where he was fortunate enough to play for Bud.  

And stopped there?  He shot 0.6 3PT attempts per game and he shot 34% under Bud.  The next season under Pierce the attempts went up but his % was still only a 34.8%.  It was his third season (second under LP) where he made the leap to and for the next two season he shot 40% from 3.  Going from 34% to 40% is huge development.  OO 

JC added new things every year.  The biggest transformation beyond his shooting was on defense and that was pretty much all post-Bud development.

I don't think there is a need to downplay focus on development Bud and crew showed but pretending like there was literally nothing done on player development between Bud and Quin is just not reality. 

• Thanks 1