• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

May Trae retire a Hawk. He has embraced Atlanta. Dude was shouted out the Braves yesterday. He’s a leader and we are fortunate to have him.

Even if he was playing like garbage? I don't understand this blind, unconditional fealty to Trae. 

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

It has been discussed. I would be shocked if he came to Atlanta. I would not be shocked if Atlanta worked with a team to make a three or four team deal where we get involved.

I'm pretty sure we aren't in the market for a ball dominant, high usage play making guard. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It has been discussed. I would be shocked if he came to Atlanta. I would not be shocked if Atlanta worked with a team to make a three or four team deal where we get involved.

I hope not.

I’m not sure how Trae, DJ, and Harden/PG13 is any different than KD, Irving, and Harden.

31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Trading for KAT starting to look better comparatively.  

Landry, trust your roots.  You come from the Spurs philosophy.  Don’t make a bad trade just because you feel like you have to do something.  

Yes Lawd!

I do not like the PG13 talks…go get KAT!

PG13 is just too injury prone. Is he really worth the risk???

8 minutes ago, warcore said:

enough with the histrionics 'cyde

Speaking of histrionics, I know of a poster who might have a hissy fit if he don't get acknowledged for telling yall Harden wasn't going back to HOU.

#OutsidersFTW

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Maybe because he's provided us with 3 or 4 of the greatest moments we've witnessed in our lifetime as Hawks fans?

If Dominique is forever going to be remembered for his stellar Game 7 performance vs Boston . . that he lost . . Trae is forever going to be remembered for his heroics in the 2021 playoffs.

We hope that is not the peak of his career while in Atlanta.  But if it is, he's still given us more postseason joy than anyone that has put on the jersey not named Bob Petit.

He'll also be remembered for his heroics against Boston during game 5 in Boston. He willed the Hawks to a win on the road to avoid the gentleman's sweep. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yes Lawd!

I do not like the PG13 talks…go get KAT!

PG13 is just too injury prone. Is he really worth the risk???

Just to be clear I’m not against PG13 skills…clearly he’s a talented star when healthy but dude is never healthy. That’s my issue.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If we make a splash, I'd rather not mortgage the farm for a 2 year window.  Give me someone we can build long term with or a guy that isn't going to cost us an arm and a leg.  Otherwise, I'm not interested in these names floating around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

If we make a splash, I'd rather not mortgage the farm for a 2 year window.  Give me someone we can build long term with or a guy that isn't going to cost us an arm and a leg.  Otherwise, I'm not interested in these names floating around.

Landry, Korver, and Q have to be smarter than this.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Landry, Korver, and Q have to be smarter than this.  

But are they driving?

For all we know, they could be tryna wrestle the steering wheel from a drunk frat boy as the camper is careening to the edge of the canyon.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Even if he was playing like garbage? I don't understand this blind, unconditional fealty to Trae. 

Because he wants to be here in Atlanta and nowhere else, think about it we got players like Kyrie, Harden and KD that wanted to trade request even know that it will cripped the incoming team.  We got those like Dame that is loyal, but his eyes are always looking for that opportunity and try to not make himself the bad guy.

Yeah, Trae gets our nerves with his 30 - 40ft three pointers or playing crappy defense but you can tell that he embraced this city as his home and we embraced him as well.  Faults and all.

Besides if we can deal with Josh Smith trying to shot threes or our luck with 1st round picks thought-out the years.  We can deal with Trae and his stunts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Some of you amaze me.  You want every damn failed 7 footer out there thinking that the light will eventually come on, yet you constantly criticize your point guard who is the best at his position in the NBA.  

Man, every 6'10"+ guy that's ever lucked into a couple 3's in some random,  meaningless Tuesday night game is "ooh he may be the piece that puts us over the top".

Meanwhile the guy that made all-NBA gets the "uhhh yeah you a all-star but your elbows too pointy, lets trade 'im for picks" treatment. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1