• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

When was the last time they were a top seed? Mr Goal post mover?

He also had Jimmy Butler, James Harden and Ben Simmons (when he was good) as teammates. Who the Hawks roster equates to those three?

Impossible to say right now because we're still a young, growing team with a new head coach and all new assistant coaches.  Just look at all the changes since we ended last season.  Those players were veterans.  Our players are still climing that hill.

:smug:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Running low on assets now.  Might be, but no way Hunter and Capela wouldn't both be in the deal now.  

I'm moving this from likely to questionable.  If they are, they're going to have to use the TPE to back fill roster spots after.

Kat coming here would be a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 exchange.  

But considering the narrative is now, they flipped Collins and 1 2nd round pick to acquire Patty Mills, a 25 mil TPE and cap flexibility, that's a much better narrative.

So that means, it is not going to happen.  But the owners got what they wanted, they don't have to pay the tax and we still have a team that might still get into the playoffs (play-in tho). Still have space if a trade comes, and etc, etc, etc.   But that is good all the same.

Even know that I want to have one more star on here, we are going to be doing Hawks University.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

First impression from summer league (IMHO), Gueye is going to be fun to watch, wasn't impressed with Bufkin at all (game too fast for him right now).

We aren't done, I just know we acquired those 2 from Houston to replace roster spots we were thinking about trading out. With them gone, I'm head scratching. Not a ton left in free agency. Not sure who we could be trading for.

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

First impression from summer league (IMHO), Gueye is going to be fun to watch, wasn't impressed with Bufkin at all (game too fast for him right now).

We aren't done, I just know we acquired those 2 from Houston to replace roster spots we were thinking about trading out. With them gone, I'm head scratching. Not a ton left in free agency. Not sure who we could be trading for.

Well if they don't finalize the trade with Oklahoma, it makes it easier to match up salaries for Kat or any other max player by moving Patty and Bey, but who knows at this point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Probably keep them open for G-Leagues or something like that (just kidding)

But I can understand about some of the frustrations that most of the folks in here.  Are we trying to win the championships or just selling tickets and merchs

Dont get me wrong, I know that FO had alot of tough decisions this offseason with John and Murrary and others but what is the end game here.  If you look at this roster, this team is a definition of a treadmill team (Good enough to get to the playoffs and get ousted in the first round but not bad enough to go to the lottery).  I want to hope that this team can surprised and get to the Finals but right now, this is team it is not it.

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Lets break that down.

Out Collins trade, 

Out Houston Trade - 1 

Out OKC trade - 1 2nd round pick, Garuba, Gay, Washington.

In Collins trade - 2nd round pick, Gay

In Houston Trade - Garuba, Washington, 2nd round pick

In OKC Trade Patty Mills.

Net 1 2nd round pick + Mills.

Pre trades, no TPE, no MLE. 25.2 mil salary.

Post trades, TPE, MLE, 6.8 mil salary, 2nd round pick.  Basically they turned Collins into a draft Pick, Patty Mills and as much as 38 million in trade/signing room.

Great job

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Mills has been traded three times in the past 10 days, beginning with Brooklyn to Houston, Houston to Oklahoma City and now on to Atlanta. His $6.8 million expiring contract fits into deals to make salaries match up, and Atlanta is still deciding whether he'll be a part of its preseason roster, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37980188/sources-hawks-get-patty-mills-deal-okc-save-45m

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Mills has been traded three times in the past 10 days, beginning with Brooklyn to Houston, Houston to Oklahoma City and now on to Atlanta. His $6.8 million expiring contract fits into deals to make salaries match up, and Atlanta is still deciding whether he'll be a part of its preseason roster, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37980188/sources-hawks-get-patty-mills-deal-okc-save-45m

I'm sure that makes Patty feel good. "We might end up having to keep you if we can't make another trade."

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Lets break that down.

Out Collins trade, 

Out Houston Trade - 1 

Out OKC trade - 1 2nd round pick, Garuba, Gay, Washington.

In Collins trade - 2nd round pick, Gay

In Houston Trade - Garuba, Washington, 2nd round pick

In OKC Trade Patty Mills.

Net 1 2nd round pick + Mills.

Pre trades, no TPE, no MLE. 25.2 mil salary.

Post trades, TPE, MLE, 6.8 mil salary, 2nd round pick.  Basically they turned Collins into a draft Pick, Patty Mills and as much as 38 million in trade/signing room.

Love the breakdown, but at the end of the day if we haven't used any/some/most of that $38 million to effectively add/improve to the roster - then we know what this was.....A

Screenshot_20230708_165522_Samsung Internet.jpg

......the offseason is far from over, so I'm still watching and waiting.....waiting and watching!

• Like 4