• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Let's pivot here. Let's say the Siakam trade isn't closed, Raptors stay stubborn and lose him for nothing in UFA.

What are the realistic star trade targets now (besides JB and KAT, because those players are NOT on the block)?

I'm sure the Hawks can run it back sans JC + plus Patty Mills, I think that team compete for a middle level playoff spot with Quin. However, going deep against a Dame Miami and Boston with KP we might not have it yet.

We haven't seen none of the teams you mention play or even put together yet. 

It would be one thing saying this in January.. but it's meaningless in July. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Masai trying his hardest ya'll 

Help me understand why work with this guy?  Pull the offer and require he make the call of shame.  “I learned my lesson (catching breath from the embarrassment tears), I’ll never ask for your young pups or 1st roundadoodles again.” - Masai

• Like 1

WHAT IF ATLANTA MAKES NO MORE MOVES??

A- Hawks would be worse than last season with no JC.

B- Hawks would still be a .500 club next season.

C- Hawks would be better with the new players we have + Quin and all his new assistants..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

WHAT IF ATLANTA MAKES NO MORE MOVES??

A- Hawks would be worse than last season with no JC.

B- Hawks would still be a .500 club next season.

C- Hawks would be better with the new players we have + Quin and all his new assistants..

I'm optimistic and go with C - Hawks would be better with the new players we have + Quin and all his new assistants. Addition by subtraction. JC being traded opens up more minutes for the "youngins." 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

[Outsider take incoming] Based on everything we've seen, I really feel like the handshake deal is done and now Toronto is doing one last round of diligence and fan preparation.  Trading away your franchise player(?) requires a long news cycle if we've learned anything in the past.  If you don't control your fan bases emotions with a nice, slow burn of reality coming at them, they'll emotionally over react (has anyone seen @sturt??) and the more intense negative feelings the fans have, the harder to shake off.  You gotta control the narrative on how this is actually a good thing.  Toronto still has tickets to sell.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

[Outsider take incoming] Based on everything we've seen, I really feel like the handshake deal is done and now Toronto is doing one last round of diligence and fan preparation.  Trading away your franchise player(?) requires a long news cycle if we've learned anything in the past.  If you don't control your fan bases emotions with a nice, slow burn of reality coming at them, they'll emotionally over react (has anyone seen @sturt??) and the more intense negative feelings the fans have, the harder to shake off.  You gotta control the narrative on how this is actually a good thing.  Toronto still has tickets to sell.

Agreed. Sturt it’s okay to come back, we know how you’re feeling. We will all heal together.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wtfff is this moron trade 😂 

It’s like a 2nd grader in Portland made up this BS trade. 

IMG_8775.png

IMG_8774.png

IMG_8773.png

Why on earth would we trade for Lillard and give Trae PLUS parts when Trae is already better.

Wow… that’s all I have.

• Haha 4