• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This! Initially cagey scouted Wood when he was coming up with the Pels.. he played his way with effort and desire to stay in the league, he’s happy where he is and he is also a black hole 🕳️ when you pass him the rock 🪨. No, no wood 🪵

I DISAGREE WITH KRAMER AND JERRY!!! #Woodsucks #Woodyou? :er:

image.gif.105d54e571961beb5d398d62a8502dae.gif

image.thumb.png.7dfd32ba41fdec23243f1e96745be8b8.png

7 teams in 7 seasons.  If he doesn't go back to Dallas, that will be 8 in 8 seasons.

Remember Dont Forget GIF - Remember Dont Forget Spock ...

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I remember when I first watched that movie Showgirls with "Jesse" in it.   I then said to myself . . "Damn, Zack picked the wrong one."

Zack knew what the hell he was doing

The 40 Hottest Photos of Tiffani Thiessen | HEAVY | Tiffani amber thiessen, Tiffany  amber, Tiffani thiessen

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

At this point I don't want any trade for Siakam, I don't want him on a Hawks uniform, I don't want any player here that do not want to be here. Specially if we have to give JJ or AJ, no way I send AJ for a 1 year rental of a non all-star PF that fails on playoffs and is going to be creating bad atmosphere on the team.

If you're basing your opinions on the messaging from his camp right now, you will be flip flopping a lot.  For instance, as soon as Siakam were to be traded here, his messaging would quickly become "I can't wait to play with Trae and DJ -- I can't wait to work with Quin and the coaching staff and come to Atlanta!!" along with other fluff messaging.  Will you then love him?  If that post-trade positive messaging doesn't resonate with you, you shouldn't let the "not gonna re-sign anywhere" messaging resonate.  I wish everyone were straight-forward with their motives and messaging, but unfortunately, the NBA is full of Realpolitik gamesmanship and posturing.

• Like 3

Siakam's agents are probably pumping all these media takes like not signing except for Raptors, etc. I wonder what their play is on this one. 

They certainly don't seem to be the cream of the crop and straightforward. I'd almost love to have Rich Paul instead at this point lol.

It's got to be that the agents are trying to absolutely kill Siakam's trade market to try and force a max re-sign or force him to be UFA for bigger money. Either way it seems like a greedy play because it doesn't seem exactly right that Siakam is begging to work with the Raptors squad. 

I don't even think it's Ramasar doing the media pump.. it's got to be Jaafar Choufani... he's a big Orlando and Miami guy and he seems to be the one sending messages to Michael Grange. https://twitter.com/Choufani_Life/

Not sure what his play on the situation is but it seems nutsoid.

I could see him trying to get Orlando to max him UFA. 

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This is like an episode of Saved by the Bell where Jesse wants to date Zack (Siakim wants TOR), but Zack wants to go steady with Kelly.  But Jesse stay thirsty for Zack on social.

🤓

Where's Lisa?

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If you're basing your opinions on the messaging from his camp right now, you will be flip flopping a lot.  For instance, as soon as Siakam were to be traded here, his messaging would quickly become "I can't wait to play with Trae and DJ -- I can't wait to work with Quin and the coaching staff and come to Atlanta!!" along with other fluff messaging.  Will you then love him?  If that post-trade positive messaging doesn't resonate with you, you shouldn't let the "not gonna re-sign anywhere" messaging resonate.  I wish everyone were straight-forward with their motives and messaging, but unfortunately, the NBA is full of Realpolitik gamesmanship and posturing.

When somebody tells you who they are believe them...

It's not that he won't resign.  What he's telling me is that he's only interested in making the most money.  I believe him.. which is why I would rather not have him.   Plus, he can't shoot.   But I don't want to be trying to fork over a Jaylen Brown like Contract to a guy who doesn't push us to the chip.   And I don't think he's going to push us to the chip. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I remember when I first watched that movie Showgirls with "Jesse" in it.   I then said to myself . . "Damn, Zack picked the wrong one."

How daaaareee you!!! Kelly Kap was the ish!

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Duh, Canadan dollars, bro. 

What are those canadahealthbills?

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Mikey said:

For those of you wondering why the siakam deal has yet to take place… his agent is weary that Tony will pay siakam when he’s due for an extension. The whole reporting that siakam wants to stay is fully money related. They want the money and they don’t think our ownership group will pay. 

we can’t immediately sign him to his 4 year max and they are scared if things don’t start how they should Tony will balk at the contract. The framework is done involving ATL, Dallas, Toronto 

Yikes.  Not good to have that kind of reputation as an owner.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Yikes.  Not good to have that kind of reputation as an owner.

I just interpreted that as we're not guaranteeing Siakam any contract on extension, which is likely the entire hold up with the deal.  He's not the A-list type of star player you go ahead and promise the max salary / max year type of deal to.  I'm very happy this offseason largely because of how diligent and careful we've been making moves.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I just interpreted that as we're not guaranteeing Siakam any contract on extension, which is likely the entire hold up with the deal.  He's not the A-list type of star player you go ahead and promise the max salary / max year type of deal to.  I'm very happy this offseason largely because of how diligent and careful we've been making moves.

I agree, but they know about the salary dump and selling of second round picks stuff by ownership which is concerning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What if Siakam is purposely tanking his trade value by saying he won’t resign with any other team just so Atlanta doesn’t have to pay too much to get him, but secretly he totally plans to sign with ATL?
That would be some 4-D chess. 

Heck ya! 2 birds one stone we give up less and everyone ends up screwing Masai! :laugh1: That would be excellent!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

What if Siakam is purposely tanking his trade value by saying he won’t resign with any other team just so Atlanta doesn’t have to pay too much to get him, but secretly he totally plans to sign with ATL?
That would be some 4-D chess. 

Actually I don’t know why more players don’t do that, if they are dead set on joint a certain team they should make it sound like they hate the place so the new team doesn’t give assets.

Is that like frowned upon or bad business practice or ethics?