• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

This is the first time the Hawks FO has seriously considered trading Trae.

No. They haven’t and won’t entertain it. That’s what I heard.

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not the first time technically. Schlenk was ready to trade him before they traded for Dejounte. Ownership was not on board

Absolutely wrong, Schlenk wasn’t going to trade Trae.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He's not the best pg lol.

I said arguably because it all depends on what you value in a PG.  But for me he's the second best passer in the league and a very good scorer.  So i don't know who you think is better on the offensive end. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

??? this is a joke right

Steph, Luka, SGA, 

Shooting guard, small forward..

SGA… ok he’s legit. Size and play. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, Mikey said:

??? this is a joke right

Steph, Luka, SGA, 

To me Steph ain't a PG and Luka isn't as good of a passer.  He's just a great scoring PG a la prime Harden.   SGA may be there.  We'll see.  I like my PG to average more than 6 assists. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is a case of you don't know what you have until it's gone.  There are a lot of Hawks fans who have no idea that Trae Young is the best point guard in the NBA.  When he's gone, you will realize that.  

While this may be true that he's the very best offensive PG in the entire NBA it's also true that, with the players that Atlanta has at present time we're a very solid .500 team.  Several Hawk players need to step up their game if they are to improve greatly.  Injuries did mess up everything for Atlanta last season.  Shows us with several weak spots.

:ahf:

Supes and KB21 agree that the Hawks need more size.  They disagree on who is the player needed.  I agree with both of them.  Atlanta needs some bigger, meaner and more athletic front court players.  I don't care which one is correct on this, just please draft someone who can actually play some.

:smug:

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Jody23 said:

This, this, this.  Which is why I fear Trae will ask for a trade at some point this offseason.  If he does, I won't blame him.  He gets all the heat and criticism nationally, while Ressler and company are the real issue with why the team can't win.

Y'all need to pick one. It's the team giving Trae what he wants but none of it is Traes fault. Or weeeelll Trae wanted this guy and we got him but then e erything they did was bad.  It's all connected ppl all of this stems from letting a younger player dictate your direction, and when a fo guy finally say nah we ain't doing that that person gets ousted.  Could we spend more money yes but who are we getting NBA isn't a grocery store where u can go just build teams.  And Trae knows that which is why he needs to say if he wants to go now because we actually may be forced to do more of a rebuild than a retool here, weren't in a great position now.

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

So just to be clear, you guys are all saying Trae will leave unless he gets what he wants, and then when he gets what he wants, it's ownership/front office fault?  That's what already happened with the DJ trade.  Some real astounding mental gymnastics happening here.... yall both blame the front office for not making Trae happy and also blaming them when they make a move to make Trae happy lmao.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

All this.

And do people not understand the roster issue doesn't really even relate to Murray being here?  

Literally nobody is saying that other than anti-Trae folk.  Because they need or want it to be true to fuel themselves I guess. 

image.png

This comment absolves Trae of any responsibility.  But anyone that understands power dynamics and nuance understands he has influence and should be at least partially accountable.  If Trae wants to leave as soon as things get tough, imo he should just leave.  I'd rather not have a diva/quitter on the team eroding the lock room culture.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

So just to be clear, you guys are all saying Trae will leave unless he gets what he wants, and then when he gets what he wants, it's ownership/front office fault?  That's what already happened with the DJ trade.  Some real astounding mental gymnastics happening here.... yall both blame the front office for not making Trae happy and also blaming them when they make a move to make Trae happy lmao.

Aside from what Trae may want or asked for...Do you think that ownership and front office have done the best possible job in putting a product on the floor, in totality, that's competitive to be top 6 in the East (I added this since they kept saying to avoid the playin this year) based on all of their available resources?

A simple Yes or No please.

• Like 3