• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

LOL you think you’re getting this for Dejounte Murray and onyeka??? No wonder you hate every trade 

you’re not getting the best defensive guard in the league + two upside rookies + one of the best defensive players in league + PICKS. You wouldn’t even get all the players for those two. LAUGHABLE 

I sure as hell wouldn’t give up Murray and OO and only get f***ing Brandon Ingram.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I sure as hell wouldn’t give up Murray and OO and only get f***ing Brandon Ingram.  

What if it was Ingram, Daniels, #21 and the lakers 2025 unprotected first? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

It’s not only Ingram. The magic wouldn’t even give up Suggs for Murray straight up but you think this is 2k thinking they’ll give you young assets + defensive studs + picks 

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What if it was Ingram, Daniels, #21 and the lakers 2025 unprotected first? 

Depends on what the ‘25 pick can net… no pun intended.

The #21 has very little value based on the perception around here regarding this draft.  I think Okongwu is more valuable than an add on to get a pick.  Do we move the picks for ‘now’  players?  If not, what does that communicate to Trae?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Depends on what the ‘25 pick can net… no pun intended.

The #21 has very little value based on the perception around here regarding this draft.  I think Okongwu is more valuable than an add on to get a pick.  Do we move the picks for ‘now’  players?  If not, what does that communicate to Trae?

Well if Lebron does not resign with Lakers, that pick becomes gold and you can use that pick, one of two picks this year and any player that will give you a bigger fish in the sea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There is NO WAY IN HELL that Oneyka Okongwu should stop any sort of deal that could possibly improve this roster.

PREEEEEAAAACHHHH!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Also a couple thing to remember for BI’s value. We would be trading for him on essentially an expiring and including two talented (one all star) level players on multi year, team friendly, deals. That (should) greatly increases the value on return to us. So it’s not just player for player. 

Second thing is any trade of DJ Will need to net us a shot creator/secondary scorer. Trae can’t carry the load himself but at the least we need another secondary shot creator besides Jalen if we want to be a legit championship threat. 

Third thing is this playoffs shows me how devoid we are of glue guy in our rotation. I think Vit showed that at the end of the year how that kind of player helps make our roster go. Deandre needs to go Neeeowww to make space for some other wings. 

• Like 4

We have some fans who refuse to look past OO not being 7-foot tall and refuse to acknowledge his talent to the point that we want to just throw him in on a bad deal.  Then we can replace him with a 7-footer who isn’t nearly as talent but at least he’s 7-foot.  

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ingram is a negative asset.  

Can you elaborate, if you don't mind? I know you feel he's a sieve defensively but he's not that bad from the tape I've watched. I wouldn't say he's a good defender but he's more of average wing defender. His length really makes up for some of his flaws as a defender.

Offensively...he really is a 4-5 inch taller version of DJM. I feel like they are basically the same player just with the size difference. He loves the mid range, is effective there, but has the same issues IMO of not getting to the rim enough and not truly stretching the floor with his three point shot.

I'm more concerned about his offensive fit than his defensive fit with the team if I'm being honest. I don't agree he is a negative asset but I do think this is not the slam dunk roster move some do.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Can you elaborate, if you don't mind? I know you feel he's a sieve defensively but he's not that bad from the tape I've watched. I wouldn't say he's a good defender but he's more of average wing defender. His length really makes up for some of his flaws as a defender.

Offensively...he really is a 4-5 inch taller version of DJM. I feel like they are basically the same player just with the size difference. He loves the mid range, is effective there, but has the same issues IMO of not getting to the rim enough and not truly stretching the floor with his three point shot.

I'm more concerned about his offensive fit than his defensive fit with the team if I'm being honest. I don't agree he is a negative asset but I do think this is not the slam dunk roster move some do.

He’s not going to solve any of the perimeter defense issues this team has.  He’s not as good of a defender as Hunter.  Offensively, his shot profile quite frankly sucks.  He doesn’t shoot threes at a high rate.  He doesn’t get to the rim.  Then, his contract situation sucks.  He’s already overpaid for what he is, and will be asking for a lot more as a free agent.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is the Hawks problem.  We're betting on guys who aren't either rapidly developing, or can't stay on the floor.  And he still hasn't taken Capela's spot.

There is NO WAY IN HELL that Oneyka Okongwu should stop any sort of deal that could possibly improve this roster.   

Let me repeat that with bigger font, and in red.

If he can't even take Capela's spot, it means that he may not be as good as people think he is.  The coach obviously doesn't think he's good enough to start.  So what is the Hawks organization coveting?

I mean, what are we doing as an organization, if we're coveting marginal players to the point where we're afraid to "lose a deal", so we don't get an established player?

What will be easier?  Finding an all-star/borderline All-Star on the front line?   Or replacing a backup center?

100 percent agree. Sounds like we’re coveting some low spades which gives us nothing in the grand scheme of things. And they certainly don’t keep our star player happy. 

I like big O but we have to move him and anyone else if it means giving Trae a true star who can help us make a run. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is the Hawks problem.  We're betting on guys who aren't either rapidly developing, or can't stay on the floor.  And he still hasn't taken Capela's spot.

Let me repeat that with bigger font, and in red.

If he can't even take Capela's spot, it means that he may not be as good as people think he is.  The coach obviously doesn't think he's good enough to start.  So what is the Hawks organization coveting?

I mean, what are we doing as an organization, if we're coveting marginal players to the point where we're afraid to "lose a deal", so we don't get an established player?

What will be easier?  Finding an all-star/borderline All-Star on the front line?   Or replacing a backup center?

You misread the comment. Not to mention his play has surpassed Clint for a while. Politics play a big role in minutes and rotation whether you guys want to admit it or not. It’s a reason hunter is always gonna have a role in the short term 

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He’s not going to solve any of the perimeter defense issues this team has.  He’s not as good of a defender as Hunter.  Offensively, his shot profile quite frankly sucks.  He doesn’t shoot threes at a high rate.  He doesn’t get to the rim.  Then, his contract situation sucks.  He’s already overpaid for what he is, and will be asking for a lot more as a free agent.  

The truth is, there aren't many players who will fulfill our needs in perimeter/POA defense without us having to sacrifice something valuable. I have my reservations about BI too, but currently, our options are limited unless we're prepared to trade Trae or JJ.

• Like 1