• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

OO and the #1 draft pick?  Center isn't going to be our biggest gap.  We need better depth at the wings, particularly with Bey out/hurt and Bogi/Hunter injury history.    

Yeah Im pretty much over our Wangs too.. lol

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

No one we drafted was going to make or break our season this year.  To me, whoever we drafted was coming off the bench and if a bench piece is causing you to lose games you weren't going anywhere anyway.

tenor.gif?itemid=6158444

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think you draft Sarr just in case Trae tells us good bye.

i do believe Edey is the best fit big man needed next to Trae in this draft but you can’t pass up Sarr for Edey at the number 1 pick and looking at the position we are in. It’s too bad Trae only has 1 year left!

love Trae but at this point you don’t know what’s going to happen in the future.

30 minutes ago, JTB said:

He is 19 so there’s a lot of learning he has to do. 

drop coverage- I haven’t seen sarr do a lot of drop coverage. The games I’ve watched he usually just switches but that’s impressive because he’s 7’1 moving his feet extremely well vs perimeter players.

pnr - most of his screen settings are slips and pops . I don’t want to say it’s bad but more so looks like what he was told to do in my opinion. Is he a better screener than Edey ? No , I don’t think no center in this draft can set screens as well as Edey but I do believe sarr can be groomed.

post up - sarr is more likely to develop a good face up game rather than post up and the fact that he can put the ball on floor and beat centers off the dribble, I wouldn’t worry about post ups for sarr.

finishing around the rim - he’s not horrible at this.

IF you are comparing Sarr to Edey you’re going to be upset because Edey has some intangibles that work with Trae that other bigs don’t have but Sarr has tools at 7 foot that don’t come around every draft. He may not be as good as Wemby but he has an ultra high ceiling. What I’ve read is that dude is a maniac gym rat and he accepts guidance from his coaches so no cocky attitude. I guess in my eyes if Sarr is a mixture of a poor man’s KG and Wemby combo then I don’t want to pass that up! Also one thing that bothers me about Edey is IF Trae leaves…if Trae leaves I don’t want Edey . I am only good with Edey if Trae stays long term but you can’t draft off of that cause you don’t know what’s going to happen. You take Sarr and if you lose Trae despite trying to make things work, at least you have a #1 pick along with Jalen Johnson to do another rebuild with.

Who gives a shit about posting up?  

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JTB said:

He is 19 so there’s a lot of learning he has to do. 

drop coverage- I haven’t seen sarr do a lot of drop coverage. The games I’ve watched he usually just switches but that’s impressive because he’s 7’1 moving his feet extremely well vs perimeter players.

pnr - most of his screen settings are slips and pops . I don’t want to say it’s bad but more so looks like what he was told to do in my opinion. Is he a better screener than Edey ? No , I don’t think no center in this draft can set screens as well as Edey but I do believe sarr can be groomed.

post up - sarr is more likely to develop a good face up game rather than post up and the fact that he can put the ball on floor and beat centers off the dribble, I wouldn’t worry about post ups for sarr.

finishing around the rim - he’s not horrible at this.

I agree, drop coverage and PnR is pretty inconclusive, we can't know how good he'll be at either because he's pretty much just been doing what he was told, doesn't look good by NBA standards, but who knows, it could improve a lot in a different scheme and with different coaching.

Post up is moot, no one cares about posting up anymore, it's hardly part of the game.

And finishing around the rim, he's meh. He was not efficient last year and that was playing against players that he's got at least 3 inches on every night. You guys who are up in arms about Clint and his missed bunnies are not going to be thrilled if Sarr is giving us those 26mpg next season. Yes he shows touch at times, but for every smooth looking finish he's got some ridiculous clangers. Just watch the full tape I posted. 

I still maintain it is a high ceiling low floor pick. Sarr is going to need to develop A LOT to become a quality starter for any team. Not saying he won't or can't, or that he's the wrong pick, but hope peple temper their expectations on his impact next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Improving our 2/3 rotation was our most desperate need in the offseason.  Having #1 doesn't change that.  We have time to develop Sarr but still have to get a good 2 and/or 3 and improve the bench. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Improving our 2/3 rotation was our most desperate need in the offseason.  Having #1 doesn't change that.  We have time to develop Sarr but still have to get a good 2 and/or 3 and improve the bench. 

Disagree...The 5 spot was the worst position on the team last year and has been for some time

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

So who are you taking at #1?

I'd trade #1 for 4 and 8 with SA if at all possible

2 chances are better than 1... lol

We could take Clingan at 4 and BPA at 8..

If they arent sold on Sarr or Risacher etc... that is..............................

Do they want #1?

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But you know that is not the case, or there wouldn't be guys like Jokic being picked 2nd round.

I don't believe Jokic worked out for a team and he's a prime example of someone who entered the draft too soon. If he would have waited a year like KP did, he would have been a clearly 1st rounder in 2015. KP was the clear pick for the Hawks at 15 till he returned back to Europe and we blew the pick with Payne. 

If i remember right, Jokic just wasn't on teams board as he was a reserve and he shined in the US/World Summit game in Portland. 

https://www.draftexpress.com/article/2014-Nike-Hoop-Summit-International-Measurements-4437/

https://www.draftexpress.com/article/2014-Nike-Hoop-Summit-International-Practice-Day-Three-4441/

Considering Denver drafted both players, it seems Mudiay and Jokic left an impression on Denver. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

He really has nothing in common with either player but ok. 

I also feel like the excitement regarding is more about him being the #1, than his actual projection. Sarr wouldn't even go top 5 in most drafts. 

Nikola Jokic, the star of practice the week leading up to the game, scored only five points in 15 minutes on 1-of-3 shooting and really struggled defending Jahlil Okafor inside. Though he finished with 7 rebounds, he wasn't able to make the most of the momentum he built up earlier this week. It will be worth keeping an eye on how he plays as Mega Vizura enters Serbian League for the competition's 2nd stage.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2014-Nike-Hoop-Summit-Recap-4449/

This blew his high marks. He got dominated by potential 1st overall pick in 2015, Jah Okafor in their battle. Most just wrote him off as not NBA ready and may never be. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

I also feel like the excitement regarding is more about him being the #1, than his actual projection. Sarr wouldn't even go top 5 in most drafts. 

Facts. His defense is worth the merit but his offense is probably the 2nd worst in this draft class aside from Ryan Dunn who is a generational bad offensive NBA prospect. 

That's the part that bothers me so much. His limited dribble pull up jumper from 21ft and under is his best shot. The rest is bad or it's dunks. That's scary for a NBA draft prospect who's labeled as a big. 

I'm still taking Sarr cause at this point I'm go big or go home. It's exciting we got the 1st pick but man is it dampened by the fact that the top prospects of this class just seem so.... lackluster. Obviously I could be wrong since none of these guys have played a game yet but man, just watching the tape on them.... it's just hard to see any sort of legit superstardom coming from any of the top guys

• Like 1