• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

There is no hype around a trade for Siakam. He's a straight rental. Capela and picks is as good as it gets. 

Yeah seeming likely that nothing is brewing anymore on any fronts… OG, PG, KAT, Siakam, JB. We going into season with this roster.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JTB said:

Whether you like Gobert or not ….you can’t tell me you wouldn’t be excited if we had OO & Gobert defensively when facing Boston and Milwaukee!

you can’t ask for better defensive tandem in your  front court!

I know…OO hasn’t proven he can shoot yet but I have faith in Synder and his staff to develop this roster 

Eh. Gobert is Marcus Camby getting paid Shaq money.

No thank you. 

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah seeming likely that nothing is brewing anymore on any fronts… OG, PG, KAT, Siakam, JB. We going into season with this roster.

PG maybe but even that's not real as they want a lot for PG. As long as the cost is sky high, it makes no sense for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Eh. Gobert is Marcus Camby getting paid Shaq money.

No thank you. 

Yeah.  If that weee the case, then we would just keep Capela and play him with Okongwu.  Except Okongwu is a center and not a power forward.  Neither Capela nor Gobert can defend on the perimeter or switch well.  Neither space the floor.  Capela has a much better contract though.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  If that weee the case, then we would just keep Capela and play him with Okongwu.  Except Okongwu is a center and not a power forward.  Neither Capela nor Gobert can defend on the perimeter or switch well.  Neither space the floor.  Capela has a much better contract though.  

I also prefer Capela's contract. Gobert has not been especially impactful in Minnesota either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So are we gonna bring CC off the bench next season?

(18 mill is less than we paid Gallo for a backup role.. Just sayin)

Or is OO still the backup center in a contract year?

No player would be happy about that... lol

Im ready to see him playing more with the starters tbh.. 

Capelas best days might be behind him..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m still not sure why some think Siakam is going to take less money somewhere else and leave Atlanta if a trade were made.  He wants to stay in Toronto so he can get a super max deal.  If he’s traded, he’s not going to go back to Toronto on a bargain deal.  It’s like Murray isn’t going to turn down more money to stay in Atlanta than he can get anywhere else.  

It's not only about going back to Toronto for me. If he wants to test FAcy and visit other teams that's a problem. 

Teams with capspace can offer him the 30% max and a 4 year deal. What about a 5yr deal and 8% raises from the Hawks you say? ....I'm actually not offering him 5 years....he would be getting a contract the length that aligns with Trae's current contract.

• Like 2

I remember this time last year when everyone was convinced that DJM was the perfect player to run next to Trae and we were anxious like the day before Xmas to hear if the trade was finally official.

I guess our opinion and how excited the fan base gets really doesn’t mean shish when it comes to building a team.

Guess all we can really do is sit back and wait. Hopefully not get too caught up in our feelings in the mean time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not only about going back to Toronto for me. If he wants to test FAcy and visit other teams that's a problem. 

Teams with capspace can offer him the 30% max and a 4 year deal. What about a 5yr deal and 8% raises from the Hawks you say? ....I'm actually not offering him 5 years....he would be getting a contract the length that aligns with Trae's current contract.

It's not smart to think that we'd be paying dude 53.32 Million when he's 34 and 56.76 Million when he's 35....

If you were pissed about paying JC 24 Million when he was 24 and paying CC 21 Million when he was 28...  What about paying a 34 yr old 53.32 Million dollars??

Siakam doesn't guarantee us a CHIP...  

He couldn't even guarantee Toronto a Playoff birth. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's not smart to think that we'd be paying dude 53.32 Million when he's 34 and 56.76 Million when he's 35....

If you were pissed about paying JC 24 Million when he was 24 and paying CC 21 Million when he was 28...  What about paying a 34 yr old 53.32 Million dollars??

Siakam doesn't guarantee us a CHIP...  

He couldn't even guarantee Toronto a Playoff birth. 

Ok Diesel you can calm your anti Siakam campaign I think you’re in the clear. Don’t think we will be doing any trades until opening day.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I remember this time last year when everyone was convinced that DJM was the perfect player to run next to Trae and we were anxious like the day before Xmas to hear if the trade was finally official.

I guess our opinion and how excited the fan base gets really doesn’t mean shish when it comes to building a team.

Guess all we can really do is sit back and wait. Hopefully not get too caught up in our feelings in the mean time.

I have just a little trust in Landry being that he hasn't made a mistake yet. i believe he's going to shock the world... and while nobody is looking he's going to comeback with Luke Kennard or somebody like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I’m still not sure why some think Siakam is going to take less money somewhere else and leave Atlanta if a trade were made.  He wants to stay in Toronto so he can get a super max deal.  If he’s traded, he’s not going to go back to Toronto on a bargain deal.  It’s like Murray isn’t going to turn down more money to stay in Atlanta than he can get anywhere else.  

I see your point. I just don't see Tony paying them. 

• Premium Member

I am so nervous that the Hawks will do something drastic this off-season and when they do, they will forever regret it.  Like Trading Kobe and AJ and the 2 going on to become stars elsewhere.  Even Dre could become the player we've all been waiting on because we know he has the skill and talent