• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

There just isn’t any chemistry with this group.  The waiting to get healthy…hoping for them to gel…just keeps getting prolonged.  Every other night somebody else going down.

Too reliant on needing 3 guys to hit their Avg or more.  Any combination of the 2 fail to do that, there just isn’t enough to make up from the supporting cast of the night.  Might be able to hang if we could get some boards and prevent so many second chance points, but it seems like when CC is having an off night, it just makes it that much worse.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That was on Trae too. Even his dad said JC deserved to get paid. Delusion man. Some of this ain't even just Trae but whatever Trae wants, Travis has to give because the owners love ticket sales for their overpriced underwhelming product. 

I like Trae, the basketball player. I really don't like Trae. The person we had to deal with. Iso was never this way. Al was never this way. Deke and Nique was never this way. LeBron was this way but he earned that right. Maybe we just have low expectations and because ain't impressed by much and was impressed with Trae, the owners ran with it but that's all but soon coming to an end and it's out of their control 

That’s pretty sad.

I guess it won’t be too shocking to see the franchise rumored to be up for sale over these next two seasons.

i have been to plenty of these hawks games since Trae was drafted and Trae certainly isn’t Kobe but our fans love him to that extent! …that’s probably too many emotions wrapped into Trae but it’s the truth. Trae puts asses in seats. Even when we are losing the crowds are very decent to great.

Resselers money will definitely stop IF Trae isn’t a hawk unless we trade for another big name star which again I have zero confidence in happening!…soon as these execs realize Trae is a sure goner they aren’t going to send over fair trades when the chances of pulling him away from Atlanta are greater.

Im emotionally attached cause the franchise needed a big name and the hope was that we’d learn to succeed with it. If Trae wants to stay here we need to keep him but if he doesn’t we need to trade him for a star and just be done with it.

• Moderators

I'm starting to think that Murray getting possibly traded this year isn't a surprise to anyone involved including DJ.   I think he signed that deal knowing it would be easy and attractive to move to a top team.  Trae/DJ/Quin/Landry probably know better than we do that Trae/DJ is not the best pairing.  

Wouldn't surprise me if any of DJ/AJ/Hunter/OO/Capela are traded in the next few weeks.   I just hope we can turn these guys into more talent and better fit. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I think we should get a star 2 way shooting guard for Trae and move Murray over to PG then trade Murray.

Then or than?  Are you suggesting trade Trae first then trade Murray later?  Not sure I understand this

I can see some possibilities to take into consideration.

Like Trae to Utah.  Reunites him with JC.  Not sure if Jazz will keep JC at that point, but there it is.  Get some FRP’s, Lauri or Samanic…or both.  Utah would have to move some guards they aren’t happy with if they keep JC.

Then a ridiculous 3 way with Hawks/Knicks/Raptors sending guys all over.  
DJ and Siakam to Knicks.  

Brunson, OG and Scottie B to Hawks.

Dre, Bogi, Forrest or Bufkin, RJ Barret to Raptors.  Might take more.

Hard to imagine the Raptors or Knicks going for that, but Siakam might be the wild card and DJ would be the Point so who knows.  Might not fly.  It’d take some cypherin’ and some picks would have to be thrown in and tossed around but it’s the start of an idea.

Edited by Chrimturn

47 minutes ago, Carmine said:

You just know we are about to trade Murray for Siakam + a new deal before he falls off a cliff...

But what does that do for Trae and this franchise?

the whole idea of Murray taking a pay cut is to bring in another star player. Why trade Murray for a player who can easily walk away this offseason? 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm starting to think that Murray getting possibly traded this year isn't a surprise to anyone involved including DJ.   I think he signed that deal knowing it would be easy and attractive to move to a top team.  Trae/DJ/Quin/Landry probably know better than we do that Trae/DJ is not the best pairing.  

Wouldn't surprise me if any of DJ/AJ/Hunter/OO/Capela are traded in the next few weeks.   I just hope we can turn these guys into more talent and better fit. 

@Sothron , @NBASupes, @Vol4ever

is there any inside news you can share about Trae & DJ relationship with all these losses ?…..do they still have a high desire to play together?….are they on the same page in terms of what they want for this team ?

is Siakam a player that those two guys covet as some sort of missing piece?

im really interested to know where these two are with their relationship and going forward.

perhaps @macdaddy is right that Trae & DJ and the FO planned to trade Murray cause they knew this wasn’t going to work.

19 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We didn't add 2 Hall of Fame players to the lineup either.

I'll ask you the same question I asked @benhillboy in the other thread.

Who is the best player Trae Young has ever played with?

I never cared for any starters in the Trae era outside of Steroid John and Jalen.  All my favs have been reserves: OO, Ded, Bey, Kevin, Lin, “Pierre” Bembry, Delon of course, Gallo, and my boy Bogi.

To answer your question Clint has had the obvious highest impact on winning since he arrived keeping the defense on the brink of professionalism and he’s a putrid offensive on ball player.  Don’t make me answer any more questions about the Hawks, yall need League Pass bad lol.  A four minute stretch of OKC is more entertaining than 48 from the Hawks.  Jaime Jaquez (fireable offense taking Bufkin over him) on Christmas was more impressive than Dre’s whole career.

I will leave you with this nugget heading into Thursdays game versus the Kings:

Trae has played head-to-head versus most of his peers this season.  Young high usage small guards under 27:

SGA 

Brunson X2 

Haliburton 

Garland 

Ja 

LaMelo 

He’s 1-6, only win coming versus LaMelo who’s a whole clown casserole. 8-15 dating back to last season.  Hawks have lost 3 games to Charlotte and Cleveland with Trae in and Ball and Garland out (full starting lineup for the Hawks in both Charlotte games)  

I don’t know who you expect to pair with Trae and magically become a contender, I told y’all anyone short of Jimmy Butler ain’t making any difference.  I’m a heat fan so your notion of trying to build a super team of talent and high draft picks around Trae doesn’t register.  He doesn’t even have the intangibles to add to great chemistry, only subtract. If you wanna knock Garland and Fox for playing alongside Mitchell and Sabonis to discount Trae’s supporting cast go ahead, that’s fair.  DJ and Clint can’t hold their ball sacks:  But Traes style, size, and IQ will clash with almost any  player with an intelligent floor game and great impact metrics.

Fox will more than likely make it 1-7.  If Trae can’t be a floor raiser versus these guys what chance in hell does he have to do so versus AS level veteran wings?  About as slim as Maute Bol on a water fast.  Max deal wasted, he and DJ’s impact ain’t about nothing bro.  If  it isn’t evident on the floor you’re on BB-Ref enough to see that when compared to the rest of the league.  You are still on pace to win our bet tho, ever so slightly.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Get him some damn help.  High quality help. He tries to do everything because if he doesn't do it, who will?

To date, Dejounte Murray is the best player he's ever played with. Let that sink in for a second.

Almost no player can do it on his own and see his team have success.

Lillard couldn't do it.

Kyrie couldn't do it.

Curry can't do it.

Mitchell can't do it.

People would rather trade him off and start over, than actually try to flip our existing talent for a much better player.

It's a good point, but Trae isn't quite like those guys -- Trae doesn't have a comp that has actually won chips.  Nash is probably his best comp given he was also small and an elite distributor and he never could win even with help.  I think we can win a chip with Trae but we're not really close to what we'd need in terms of roster construction -- I think that's why some people are entertaining (myself included) the idea of flipping him.  Him and DJ are the two players that should have actual value in trades and return high level talent, which is why DJ is in trade conversations right now... 

The closest I can imagine this team making a deep playoff run again would be the 2025-2026 season if JJ continues to develop at his current pace.  We honestly need JJ to turn into a bonafide all-star, otherwise we don't have the talent to ship out to get better talent back in.  And we're pick starved -- it's not an enviable situation to be in if you look at Landry right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Get him some damn help.  High quality help. He tries to do everything because if he doesn't do it, who will?

To date, Dejounte Murray is the best player he's ever played with. Let that sink in for a second.

Almost no player can do it on his own and see his team have success.

Lillard couldn't do it.

Kyrie couldn't do it.

Curry can't do it.

Mitchell can't do it.

People would rather trade him off and start over, than actually try to flip our existing talent for a much better player.

I’d love for Trae to be a Hawk for life.  You think about all time greats for franchises (Magic/Lakers, Bird/Celtics, Jordan/Bulls, etc…) that’s how I feel about Trae.  Hard for me to imagine him anywhere but here.  I’m not writing him off.  I’m all for flipping around him for talent.  All I’m saying is that his antics are becoming a little too much.  He is undoubtedly frustrated, I get that.  He’s shunned around the league because he doesn’t win and doesn’t get the respect he deserves.  He’s on an island and the FO’s trial and error mishaps leave him stranded there.  He has to do it all.  I get it.  I mentioned the other day that he still has time to mature further.  I believe that.  But eventually he has got to start reeling in his emotions and playing smarter basketball.  That’s all I’m saying.  You see the same stuff I see.  He can shoot them back into games but he can shoot them out of them too.

He’s got game.  Everybody knows it.  If he wants to be thought of as an assassin rather than a wild card, he’s got to be more consistent with the positives instead of being consistent with positives and negatives.  Now if he had better help and felt like there was someone else he could truly rely on….would it help change that?  Yeah, it could.  But we wont know until it happens.