• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Just now, theheroatl said:

Ted Turner really was the best sports owner.. Braves and Hawks best years

That man truly loved his teams. Some were atrocious but he never lacked for trying. Something this bumazz owner has done.... Is half heartedly try.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That man truly loved his teams. Some were atrocious but he never lacked for trying. Something this bumazz owner has done.... Is half heartedly try.  

He wasn't afraid to spend or go after good players.. He wasn't tied to an ulterior motive like using the team as an investment vehicle like many of these owners do.. However the new phoenix suns owner obviously is not using it as an investment, nor is Balmer. We need an owner like Balmer who's money knows no ends.

Edited by theheroatl

10 hours ago, Watchman said:

You must be Trae's dad. If Murray goes, send Trae with him for two bottles of coke and two bags of potato chips.  We'll probably throw in a couple of draft picks too.

I don’t understand the backlash to my trade proposal especially last night when we saw Dejounte literally arguing with Quin  as he was bringing the ball up the court. It seems like everyone is bought in except Dejounte Murray who is just done with this team. It seems like Dejounte doesn’t even want to be coached by Quin and he’s ready to go. They need to just move on from Dejounte as soon as possible. This is probably gonna affect the younger players like Jalen and OO, and it’s already destroying the terrible vibes of this team right now. Hopefully, the trade happens tonight. 

At this point, I would just do a straight up swap D’Lo, 2029 lakers 1st and 2030 pick swap for Dejounte deal with the lakers to get this drama done with. DJ’s family members are tweeting #Feb8. Everyone is ready to go. There is zero reason to literally just wait for a better deal. This is untenable. If we get D’Lo, he can just be our back-up PG, and we can start Kobe Bufkin as our SG. Trae probably hates playing with kids, but he doesn’t have a choice at this point.

just get it done.

26 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Welp, that just about settles it then. Looks like we’re just going to have to take matters into our own hands now.

Gonna have to break up in groups.  Cover some ground.  Start selling chocolate bars and raffle tickets door to door for a dollar…now til the end of the season.  Collect the earnings and make a loyal contribution to the cause.  :mail1: 

🤔 Could take a page out of the “Save Ferris” handbook.  Take empty jars with us to work.  Set ‘em on a table and prop up a sign that says “Save the Hawks”.  :gum:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

So you just reward DM and penalize the Hawks value-wise because DM appears to be acting up?  I say f*** that - he signed that contract.

I say trade him for better value where he does not want to go, rather than the Lakers, if he's going to poison the well here.

“appears to be acting up”

Dude he’s screaming at the head coach and has been doing his own thing on offense for weeks now. He’s not “appearing to be acting up”, he just don’t care to buy in anymore. He’s posting on instagram stories songs like “Get it done”. Stop denying what you’re seeing from Dejounte. He doesn’t care to buy in, and hasn’t for months. 

Like I said before, the hawks just need to just get a trade done now and get this whole thing over. Last night should have been a breaking point. If the lakers deal is the main thing on the table they have, then do it. I don’t know if they have any thing else is the problem here which is why I’m saying to just send him to LA.

13 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm in agreement.

DJM is unhappy that he's not playing his natural position - what he's been doing his whole life.  He wants the ball in his hands and he wants to facilitate.  Dude has been playing that role his whole life.  Judging by that tweet, it looks like there's some inconsistency between practice and what happens in game - and some coach/player tension. That's not a talent problem.  That's a chemistry problem and I don't doubt that it's affecting the whole team.

Murray doesn't want to be just a spot up shooter and he shouldn't be.  I don't know what the solution is other than throwing out the obligatory "more player and ball movement."  I will say that we're not winning with whatever it is we're doing now though so it couldn't hurt to experiment.  I'd much prefer that and shut down this trade circus.

I might be swayed if we could get a player at a different position that is equally young and impactful as that would work for everyone.

Bogi is Traes perfect backcourt mate offensively under Synder.

I’ve been knowing Murray would have to be traded months ago but my thread was ignored. Yesterday’s game speaks volumes though. Murray didn’t even listen to Synder and the arguments are getting bad. 

murray and Synder are fighting almost publicly…can you imagine if Trae did that ??? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Practically every year of my life has been characterized to some degree by what I'm reading today... the feeling of utter futility, but wanting something/anything within some realm of reason to maybe make things just a little better... and being powerless, though, and resigned to just babble and complain and, in my case especially, come up with plausible solutions after all kinds of research on basketball-reference.

Pardon the observation, but just if it's reassuring to anyone on the fence, trying to decide whether to pull out that one last lock of hair on their head while muddling through another completely unsatisfying trade deadline, or taking a break...

I promise, the water is warm. C'mon in. It's like... well, at least from what I've been told, not that I ever did this myself... suffering the desperation of your dire circumstances, then realizing you can simply relieve yourself in the warm, highly-chlorinated swimming pool.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can confirm that's a real DM from DJM. I believe he and Klutch are now starting the "Vince Carter" plan to force the Hawks to trade him.

Hold til offseason then— it will be painful but losing lots of games helps our draft pick and then we flip him for a morale boost and better fit.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can confirm that's a real DM from DJM. I believe he and Klutch are now starting the "Vince Carter" plan to force the Hawks to trade him.

He will get his wish during the draft once KAT is available. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

1D3AA878-78C5-4C5C-BEC2-8170ECF71E79.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He will get his wish during the draft once KAT is available. 

I already made that trade, I did the trade you proposed a couple weeks back that sent Capela to the Mavs as well in my NBA 2k current era franchise for the Hawks. Trae and KAT are insane together. 

I just hope we can make it happen IRL.