• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
Just now, deester11 said:

Yall can miss me with Bey luxury tax stuff.  You really want to go into luxury for him? Yuck. It reeks. It reeks of stank booty.  All of the rumors..changing course.  Bunch of same ol crap I said 200 posts ago.  

EBEFBBE8-DCF4-4AD6-A00D-1C3F73B5FB3B.gif

Exactly.

I can see it happening where he starts hitting his 3s after the TDL, then we are forced to overpay him OR do a SnT for a protected 2nd and TPE we won't use.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Turns out there was a good reason Detroit was giving Bey away after investing a lottery pick on him. 

I don't think they gave him away (5 second round picks are a lot of picks even if only second rounders) and I don't think they predicted his shooting slump.  It bucks against his career trends.  His defense on the other hand is probably why they were willing to move on.  And that will remain an issue for him going forward.  His hustle is a positive constant and his shooting should improve.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

This whole not really doing anything to upgrade the roster and fielding a near .500 whatever team is literally getting us nowhere (except the play-in).

Play-in champs bay bay!

When you show weakness in trades, teams will take advantage of you.   Right now, we shouldn't approach this deadline in "weakness" because we think ourselves to be a .500 team.   Instead, we ignore the piss poor deals the same way that Minnesota and OKC will.  And we realize that we have not been healthy and we just may be better than a play in team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

The guys we should have been "buying" in on who could have actually impacted this team: KP, OG, Siakam - are long gone. We're just bargain-bin discount shopping now.

We never had the assets for any of them.  No need to lose sleep over it at this point. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Y'all want to hate on Bey but we'd be in really bad shape without him.  And his D has improved.  I wish a few other guys on his team would have his motor and toughness. 

He's exactly what you want in a guy coming off the bench or having to do spot starting.  

Assume we'd get Okoro or Delon but not both.  We really need a backup 4.  

As much as I loathe even the slightest suggestion that hotSupes was right about something, it's clear Bey is better when Hunter plays (i.e. takes pressure off Bey).

I still think AJ is our best bet for acquiring frontcourt help we need.  Pick CHA's carcass.  Get PJ Washington and Nick Richards.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We never had the assets for any of them.  No need to lose sleep over it at this point. 

We definitely had the assets to get KP who’s playing like an allstar and would have fixed a lot of our front court issues.

I think we could have beat this for OG:

- RJ Barrett

-Immanuel Quickley

- 2024 second-round draft pick (via Detroit)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We definitely had the assets to get KP who’s playing like an allstar and would have fixed a lot of our front court issues.

I think we could have beat this for OG:

- RJ Barrett

-Immanuel Quickley

- 2024 second-round draft pick (via Detroit)

Disagree unless we could fool BOS into taking Capela. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Huh? This was the trade for Porzingis to Boston before the Brogdon injury blew it up. We could have beat this in our sleep.

Not that simple.  Remember Porzi agreed to re-sign in BOS which is the main reason that trade even happened.  It's not "just the deal". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I prolly passed you look 👀 don’t take those Nike long compression style black socks 🧦 on sale from $50 to $10, I love those 😐 

Not gonna lie I always try and find a box of De La Rosa in the check out lines. I can't find those boxes anywhere and nothing goes better with coffee than De La Rosa. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

If our only potential trade is AJ for Okoro - then I hope we stand pat.  even if Okoro is an upgrade for now - he will be signing a $10M+ contract next year. I’d rather bank on AJ bouncing back at a cost controlled level for another 2 years. 

Maybe we can swing mills + 2nd for Joe Ingles. He  at least knows quin and is an expiring contract so we can free up cap space in the off season and all go back to pretending that ressler will actually go into the LT until he doesn’t. 

If there is a keep AJ camp, then put me there.  I hate it that he's going through so much and I'm not ready to give up on him.  Even if he ultimately decides to just walk away from basketball, I'd rather gamble on him putting his life and his game back together.  He was too promising last year just to pawn him for peanuts.  Especially when we are a long way from contender status.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not that simple.  Remember Porzi agreed to re-sign in BOS which is the main reason that trade even happened.  It's not "just the deal". 

It’s an unknown for sure. But I don’t think he would have been unwilling since it meant getting out of a Washington rebuild.

He’s not KD. He doesn’t just get to pick where he wants to go.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

It’s an unknown for sure. But I don’t think he would have been unwilling since it meant getting out of a Washington rebuild.

Possible.  I wanted Porzo too so I'm not fightin the feelin'.  I just think league politics and backroom deals would've killed us there. 

• Like 2