• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First 20 Games....9 wins - 11 losses.

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WHY ARE WE SUCKING AT HOME?

The Magic City Malaise affecting the home team now?

I wouldn’t read too much into the disparity though.  Fact is this is a poor defensive team, coaching staff, and scouting department, home or road.

I usually like to evaluate after 20 games but honestly the metrics profile of the Hawks’ isn’t ever worth it.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The problems we have are ones most everyone here saw coming before the season started.  That's what is so frustrating.  Which means the brass knew this was coming too.  We aren't that smart. 

No depth at the forward spots, no scoring up front,  questionable perimeter d, questionable shooting. Having only one PF on the roster was just dumb.  Mathews and Matthews shouldn't be in any rotation.  Bey can't be a starter although at least he brings energy which others are lacking.  

We can knock Quin for some things but he has limited options just as Nate did.  We have more guys that are unplayable than a playoff team should have. 

The solution is to shake up the role players.  Bring in some grit and shooting. Try to get some 2 for 1 trades going because we could use more bodies.  

With JJ we are a decent team.  Without not so much.  I guess the shorter version is we lack talent.  

Actually with JJ we are middle of the road.  Future is bleak.  

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WHY ARE WE SUCKING AT HOME?

It's been proven that teams lock in more defensively on the road as they don't view the bucket as larger.

At home the Hawks have mentality that they can "Shoot the lights out" or "rile up the fans with awesome shots" and therefore don't focus as much energy on defense there.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Actually with JJ we are middle of the road.  Future is bleak.  

The future is not bleak.  The present is bleak.   The future has JJ, Lundy, and Gueye in it.   Those guys will be ballers.  Maybe AJ but I don't know what has happened to him. 

The present is where we have to be worried.   Our present would've have had JC, Kev, Cam, OO in it.   It looked good but didn't work out with the LT.   I think right now, we are feeling the loss of JC defensively.  He wasn't a standout but he stabilized our bigs.   Timely blocks.. good rebounds.   We dont have that.. especially with JJ out.   OO got to get his stuff together.   Right now, he's looking like an undersized big who doesn't fit anywhere.  IN the draft we got to go big.   UK has some bigs we should be looking at. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

The future is not bleak.  The present is bleak.   The future has JJ, Lundy, and Gueye in it.   Those guys will be ballers.  Maybe AJ but I don't know what has happened to him. 

The present is where we have to be worried.   Our present would've have had JC, Kev, Cam, OO in it.   It looked good but didn't work out with the LT.   I think right now, we are feeling the loss of JC defensively.  He wasn't a standout but he stabilized our bigs.   Timely blocks.. good rebounds.   We dont have that.. especially with JJ out.   OO got to get his stuff together.   Right now, he's looking like an undersized big who doesn't fit anywhere.  IN the draft we got to go big.   UK has some bigs we should be looking at. 

We definitely miss JC.  Dumb moves with he and Huerter.  We got nothing in return.  I like JJ alot.  The young guys dint move the needle.  This is big boy basketball and nor a developmental league.  $$$ is king and you gotta spend to win.  I was watching tonight against the 76ers and Tobias Harris would work really well here.  Team played well without Trae tonight, wishh he had been able to play.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

We definitely miss JC.  Dumb moves with he and Huerter.  We got nothing in return.  I like JJ alot.  The young guys dint move the needle.  This is big boy basketball and nor a developmental league.  $$$ is king and you gotta spend to win.  I was watching tonight against the 76ers and Tobias Harris would work really well here.  Team played well without Trae tonight, wishh he had been able to play.  

I don’t believe we are missing JC…but I know we are missing JJ. The only bad thing about the JC trade is giving him away for nothing.

we don’t have a valuable backup 4 once Jalen got hurt. Bey is playing out of place though he brings passion and aggression at the 4 but he should truly be backing up the Hunter at the 3.

We have way too many size issues with this roster even before the JC trade and ultimately it’s time to take some risk we’ve been too afraid to make.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I dont know if any moves will be made before JJ comes back... if so, I hope it's for an emergency big.   A real 4/5 who can play the 4 and rebound like a 5.   Somebody who can play some defense.   However, he doesn't have to have a big contract..

Maybe somebody like this guy..

Spoiler

image.png

Why is he a Hawk?  He is a big, which we say we need, yet he never gets to set foot on the playing floor when the team is playing.  Something is wrong.  Either he's good enough to get a few minutes or he's not.  Bruno, we need you.

Almost all Hawk games are very close until late into the 4th quarter.  Then we fade away.  Happened again last night against the 76ers.  Why?  Suddenly, with only 3 or 4 minutes remaining in the game, the Hawks can't.  Why?  

Three draft picks last summer.  Two are out, injured.  The third is burning up the G League.  Call him up and send AJ down.  They need to swap places.  

:ahf:

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:42 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae - started off slow, and has picked it up all across the board.

DJ - started off hot and has tailed off.

Hunter -  still Huntering (that's all I got)

JJ - a very bright spot

CC - struggling

OO - has not taken the next step. I'm dissapointed.

Bogi - slow start from 3 but has picked it up. Still runs hot and cold.

Bey - can't defend his way out of a wet paper bag....ok otherwise except stepping out of bounds on corner 3s with his clown shoes.

AJ - a very Dissapointing season so far, seems lost. I need Quin to play him or send him to the GLeague.

Kobe and Mo - injured

The rest - nothing to write home about

What to do, what to do  what to do????

The roller coaster win, loss, win, loss, win, loss is back. I'm already dizzy.

download.jpg.1b5a8617bb22ccaa709d91ee51f7fa43.jpg

download.jpg.26edc68a8b2b42995d293e525eaf9d46.jpg

On 12/7/2023 at 9:00 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I asked then and I'm asking again - What is this Hawks DNA?

"Pass on guys that we think are good and talented players"

Sounds like an excuse for draft fuckups... smh

Here you go Ressler, LF, KK

meme-mood.gif.a495627e8fdf2e4c72aa3bb3290394c7.gif

Edited by terrell

On 12/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, macdaddy said:

A lot of preaching patience while we watch crummy teams race by us.  I'm ready to cheer for an impatient franchise.  Acquiring players and giving out contracts is an imperfect science.  You're going to screw up and you're going to overpay to get good.  We're so scared of that that as soon as we have a contract that we feel is 5% too high we pay someone to take it on.  And then complain as we watch G leaguers and washed up vets try to round out the bench.   

Yeah i know i'm foolish etc. but aren't ya'll tired of being an also ran in every trade, every free agent, the standings, the all star game, the media, the player's perception? 

Its gonna stay that way as long as Trae is our star.. 

The refs and coaches hate him

It is what it is..

15 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Utah is worse by far with him on the floor this season.. Check the stats...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, benhillboy said:

The Magic City Malaise affecting the home team now?

I wouldn’t read too much into the disparity though.  Fact is this is a poor defensive team, coaching staff, and scouting department, home or road.

I usually like to evaluate after 20 games but honestly the metrics profile of the Hawks’ isn’t ever worth it.

It's really just a product of small samples at this stage. Pretty sure that number will even out as the season matures. 

6 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's really just a product of small samples at this stage. Pretty sure that number will even out as the season matures. 

Quarterly reports have always been a pretty reliable predictive sample size for me in reference to teams that are of league average age (where the Hawks have been the past few seasons) or older, regardless of a significant injury here or there.  And as much as fans like major trade shake-ups during the season that may significantly affect record, they rarely happen unless it’s a clear shift to tanking.

Before the season I was thinking 1-2 games over, but now the Hawks are destined to finish well under .500.  Their strength of schedule so far has been 4th hardest (15th last season going .500) and their schedule from January through February is brutal.  I only see about 4 schedule wins in that span.  As far as December the Hawks need to win all of the games they’re favored by 3.5 points or more versus the Raptors (I’m anticipating a split from that B2B), Pistons, Grizz, Wizards, and Bulls.

Edited by benhillboy