• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Top 10 or 10 from the last pick in round 2????  🤔.   Such a wide range doesn't make sense.

He's an eye of the beholder prospect. Most teams don't use centers like he needs to be used especially on defense. Only a handful still play drop defense. 

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

Lmao.  You think we'll be in position to get him? Don't think on it too much. Just a question.

We likely will with our first pick assuming it’s in the lottery. 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Can't wait til we get Alexandre Sarr and See who Landry and Company put around him.

This however is some serious wishful thinking. 
We aren’t getting a top 2 pick, and the top picks in this draft aren’t worthy of trading the assets needed to move up for. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's an eye of the beholder prospect. Most teams don't use centers like he needs to be used especially on defense. Only a handful still play drop defense. 

How should he be used on defense and how does that tie into Quin's scheme?

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How should he be used on defense and how does that tie into Quin's scheme?

He would be best used as a drop defender. You really don't want him guarding perimeter players but he's not bad when its bigs on the perimeter. His BBIQ and awareness plus feel is terrific. To me, he's going to take time to play defense on the NBA level. The pace is just really fast and he plays a slower mid tempo which is really good on offense bur defensively, he gotta speed up because the NBA is really fast. 

I think he will have to adjust to the pace. It will definitely effect his defensive consistency. 

He uses his length well on the perimeter which is underrated defensively. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/24/2024 at 2:01 PM, NBASupes said:

This video was pretty ass. 

I'm a Hawks fan brother, but I know when I must take my truth pill and heal from it. If you think that whole video was inaccurate then you are indeed just a homer in denial. 

Only Hawks fans cannot see the history in only Two guards led a team to chips.

#11 OG, the top #5 PG of all time and #30 the greatest shooter of all time. 

Both guards had two coaches in their first 5 yrs. 

Two coaches in 10 yrs

Our lead, our money, our superstar, our biggest investment, "the culture" pick has had three coaches in 5 years. In year 6, a losing record. 

Those guys in the video nailed it, basketball fans around the country knows it but Hawks fans holding on to '21 playoffs in July. 

• Moderators

You must really hate Giannis.  He has had 3 coaches (well, 4, technically) in his last 60 games.

(As if the players are the whole reason for these changes.)

• Thanks 1

I think two things really translate in today's NBA.. 3 pt % and defensive wingspan.

That's why I'd move up to try and get Reed Sheppard.. if not get the best defensive wingspan guy with the best 3 pt % available.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1