• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Another bad loss during a stretch of games that was supposed to get the Hawks back into the Playoff race. 3 games thrown away. SMH.

We need a real Superstar who can take over games..

Trae too small and  up and down..  He can go off at times, but

His bad games are just HORRIBLE.. Too bad to overcome....Plus refs hate him..  It is what it is...

We Could not have scripted up a more hilarious ending 

Hawks get away with a blatant 5 second violation to inbound and then step on the line to give it away

Hawks forget which basket to defend and give up the game clinching dunk

Hawks waste nearly every second on the ensuing possession down 2 scores

Trae throws up the toughest shot he’s taken all night and hits it after selling the whole game.. 😂

This season cant end soon enough..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Thing is, since Bey is playing much better, wing is actually a strength. PF after JJ is a disaster. Center is a massive disaster. I would like to see an upgrade over Matthews but that's suppose to be Kobe role

I don't disagree at all. I just have little to no faith in the Hawks management 

• Like 2

Worst loss of the season.

Trae wasn't looking for his own offense and getting lost on multiple occasions on defense.

Guys cant make open 3s.

Entire team cant defend

Too many careless errors on basic stuff

Another loss to a team down one of their stars, with them traveling to Atlanta on a back to back.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His metrics been so awful this year. The lack of center production is the biggest reason for our failure this year. Murray and Trae actually been fine

Biggest reason for the Hawks failure this year is the WOAT defense across the board. This is one of the worst defensive teams ever. They will not win consistently until that is fixed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae wasn't looking for his own offense and getting lost on multiple occasions on defense.

Guys cant make open 3s.

Entire team cant defend

Another loss to a team down one of their stars, with them traveling to Atlanta on a back to back.

Yeah and the Magic should wipe the court with the carcasses of dead Hawks on Sunday.

• Premium Member

And peopled wondered why I simmed the rest of this season on NBA 2K for next season. 

I frankly hope they just tank the rest of this season. Play the young guys, lose on purpose and hope for a high lottery pick. Either keep that pick or use it to get a player.

It kills me to watch older Hawks games where the team actually played defense to what we've been since the ECF run. This team is just allergic to defense. Every random role player lights us up. I've never seen a NBA team literally incapable of defending back cuts. 

• Sad 6

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

They looked tired before the All Star break. They had the entire All Star break off and they still look tired. I don't get how they could look so good during the winning streak and just fall apart. Is OO that critical?

We saw what we looked like when JJ was out, then when Dre was out, now OO....we just don't have NBA quality depth to overcome this. The top rotation guys are forced to play lots of minutes as well. We're playing 7.5 guys.

Bruno played only 11 minutes and his energy was helpful in the 1st half to get us back.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I missed most of this game but tuned in around mid 4th quarter. Somehow we didn’t challenge a questionable call 🤦🏽‍♀️

I guess my question is, were we at least competitive the entire game? 

Not in the 1st quarter. After that - yes. Lots of techs, 4 total - Quin got ejected in first half.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I missed most of this game but tuned in around mid 4th quarter. Somehow we didn’t challenge a questionable call 🤦🏽‍♀️

I guess my question is, were we at least competitive the entire game? 

Competitive in the sense that they never gave up and battled back from down 15 in the 2nd quarter. 

Ultimately it was two bad teams that each played poorly enough to keep the other in it. Then down the stretch the Raptors were the least sucky and won the game. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Guys cant make open 3s.

Entire team cant defend

Trae in the last 3 games combined:

11-39 FG (28%)

6-24 from 3 (25%)

14 ppg

Wtf man.. 

Hawks arent winning many games if our Max guy plays like this....

And that's just on Offense....

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

And peopled wondered why I simmed the rest of this season on NBA 2K for next season. 

I frankly hope they just tank the rest of this season. Play the young guys, lose on purpose and hope for a high lottery pick. Either keep that pick or use it to get a player.

It kills me to watch older Hawks games where the team actually played defense to what we've been since the ECF run. This team is just allergic to defense. Every random role player lights us up. I've never seen a NBA team literally incapable of defending back cuts. 

What blows my mind the most about this is for the 1st time since we drafted him Trae is actually putting in crazy effort on defense.  He is actually making a difference during the game on that end at times now.  So how the hell does the rest of the team get worse when a guy considered woat a few years back becomes below avg to avg now.   This should in general make the entire defense better but somehow these fools collectively got worse when trae gets better.  It makes absolutely no sense to me because they should now not have to cover for him quite as much allowing them to put more effort on their own assignments.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Threezus said:

What blows my mind the most about this is for the 1st time since we drafted him Trae is actually putting in crazy effort on defense.  He is actually making a difference during the game on that end at times now.  So how the hell does the rest of the team get worse when a guy considered woat a few years back becomes below avg to avg now.   This should in general make the entire defense better but somehow these fools collectively got worse when trae gets better.  It makes absolutely no sense to me because they should now not have to cover for him quite as much allowing them to put more effort on their own assignments.

I was just talking to my dad, the old ex coach himself, about this. He is even more upset with guys than I am. Trae as you said has been playing the best defense of his life this season and yet other than JJ and some of OO no one else seems to bother playing defense. It is mind boggling how bad this team's defense has been this season.

• Like 1