• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I was just talking to my dad, the old ex coach himself, about this. He is even more upset with guys than I am. Trae as you said has been playing the best defense of his life this season and yet other than JJ and some of OO no one else seems to bother playing defense. It is mind boggling how bad this team's defense has been this season.

Dre plays D, Bey tries hard like Trae. Capela regression can be directly linked to the Hawks regression. Capela been our most important player since Trae been in Atlanta. We haven't had any success without Clint and now that he's washed. We are f***ed. OO helps us but he's still just too small. Trae needs a bigger center with a wide base. Capela was fine

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Some sad facts about our latest game.  Read them and weep.

Capela returned from injury and looked like he wasn't really healed.  I know.  He's been bad.  This was terrible.

Bruno only played 11 minutes, despite the fact that Capela was very limited in time available.

Hawks scored 2 points, then went ice cold for several minutes, effectively giving the game away.

Free throws.  Gulp!  Hawks left 7 points on the free throw line (17/24) and had 4 teck. fouls called against them.

Trae finally, late in the 4th quarter, scored his 11th point.  Our only all-star, wasn't.  But, he ran his mouth, didn't he.

Sadly, I believe, for last night's game, if Trae had been out and Kobe Bufkin had started, Hawks would have had a chance.

Yes.  I watched the entire sad affair.  And, yes, I believe Quin was correct.  A deliberate attempt on Trae.

🥲

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Kelli Olynk may be the weakest basketball player of all time

Yet I still look at him as a free agent for the Hawks this off-season 😂. I hate him with a passion, let’s get him! 😂 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In other news, it's Girl Scout Cookies season, so they're posted up everywhere, like  90s rapper selling mistakes out of his car.

Funny story. I was at a friend’s house and parked my car and saw his neighbor had a sign about the cookies 🍪. Like on the lawn of the neighbor saying “this is Girl Scout cookies territory they are sold here.

So I’m sitting across the way just drooling 🤤.

I’m just that put the neighborhood at ease 😂 

• Haha 1

I didn’t watch the game and I won’t. I saw highlights but I can’t watch us lose home games to the likes of the Bulls and Raptors..

I mean, I must have had high expectations I had us coming in a top 6 seed. 

Ugh. Magic next. Sadly they are better than the Bulls and Raps. 

This is the most talented yet underachieving Hawks team I can remember since 2003 with SAR Dog and JT. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Packfill said:

Biggest reason for the Hawks failure this year is the WOAT defense across the board. This is one of the worst defensive teams ever. They will not win consistently until that is fixed.

This is the truth.

Its personnel. We have the wrong group of personnel and nobody cared about actually constructing a super defensive team around Trae. 

I don’t trust the FO. 

I honestly think the best path forward is a complete reconstruction around JJ and Trae.

Trae is still one of the best PGs in the league. 

I’m not partial to any other player anymore.. all of them can get packaged for defensive studs.

Bogi

Capela

OO

Bey

DJ

Kobe

AJ

Bruno

Hunter

Its just not working.. they built the roster the wrong way

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Dre plays D, Bey tries hard like Trae. Capela regression can be directly linked to the Hawks regression. Capela been our most important player since Trae been in Atlanta. We haven't had any success without Clint and now that he's washed. We are f***ed. OO helps us but he's still just too small. Trae needs a bigger center with a wide base. Capela was fine

I'm scared.  We been agreeing too much.

And @Sothron it's shameful how uninterested the team is on D.  But it goes along with everything else.  They know only one person will catch the blame.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Just call me Nicky I don’t even trust myself anymore but daddy wants me to run the show

Nicki out here like, "Bro, I just wanna vape all day but dad's got me running this nba team.  What I look like?  Pete Babcok?  Smh". 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

I was just talking to my dad, the old ex coach himself, about this. He is even more upset with guys than I am. Trae as you said has been playing the best defense of his life this season and yet other than JJ and some of OO no one else seems to bother playing defense. It is mind boggling how bad this team's defense has been this season.

Trae best D of his life is still BAD..

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae best D of his life is still BAD..

It is average to below average. He's 6'1 and maybe 180 pounds without good wingspan. He's never going to be an All NBA defensive player. He is a better defender this season than several other starting point guards. You can't ask him to do something he simply isn't capable of doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

This is the truth.

Its personnel. We have the wrong group of personnel and nobody cared about actually constructing a super defensive team around Trae. 

I don’t trust the FO. 

I honestly think the best path forward is a complete reconstruction around JJ and Trae.

Trae is still one of the best PGs in the league. 

I’m not partial to any other player anymore.. all of them can get packaged for defensive studs.

Bogi

Capela

OO

Bey

DJ

Kobe

AJ

Bruno

Hunter

Its just not working.. they built the roster the wrong way

Time for yet another coach and GM? 

"Im gonna be old and gray and we're still gonna be trying to put the right pieces around Trae"..

I said this back in 2019..

Me now..

download.jpg.a93f8c968458b728a92b0a730146b9d8.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is average to below average. He's 6'1 and maybe 180 pounds without good wingspan. He's never going to be an All NBA defensive player. He is a better defender this season than several other starting point guards. You can't ask him to do something he simply isn't capable of doing.

Hes trying harder on that end at times Ill give you that, but there is NO WAY  Trae Young is an avg defender.. lol

Edited by terrell