• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I think your argument against him is pretty biased. 

So you think player development was supposed to stop after LP? What about JJ? What about the other young guys who have developed? 

The record sux and the defense sucked all year. But I'd remind you that it wasn't til this past summer that Quin put in any of his own offense or schemes. 

And I'd also remind you that we started the year with 8 legit NBA players along with Kobe and AJ. AJ has been out all year for personal reasons. And Kobe is a rookie. 

Of the 8 legit NBA players, they all been healthy together for something like 15 games all season. 

Roster construction and injuries are why the record sux. Not coaching 

There's always going to be arguments against any coach's rotations and stuff. That's a personal preference thing. But all considered, Quin has been solid in year 1. 

I'd give him a solid B. 

I'll give Quin an A but due what he's been since January. He's not trying to fit square pegs in round holes anymore and we have been a lot better for it. Hawks University is back. Before January, I would have given him a D-. Only reason I wouldn't have given him a F is because he had Trae and Murray playing much better with each other than last year. 

Quin is smart. Extremely smart and he gets it

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 12:03 PM, kg01 said:

Early Christmas gift idea, you ask?

A crisp, clean JackJumpers Shirley for ya boy.

Your on/off numbers are always stellar, hb.

That alarm is your sarcasm-detector doing its job.

🫠 

Oh come on, laugh hillbilly. 

These aren’t my numbers, I just interpret them.  Have you ever visited Basketball Reference?  It’s only the most complete box score almanac in NBA history that aligns with about 90% of my eye test.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1

C+ for Quinn from me.  Injuries is the only excuse.

Outside of JJ I am not seeing the player development - all the other recent draftees have either been injured or otherwise have not evidenced definitively that they can be reliable rotation pieces going forward.  Bruno, Vit and the Mathews will go back to being third stringers once everyone else is healthy.  

• Moderators

The reason Bruno, Vit and Mathews have been valuable is because they learned the system and what Quin wants out of them.  The same can be said for post injury Hunter.  OO was starting to get there when he got injured.  Bey the same.  

We started the season with no depth and a whole new system.  It was going to take some time and then injuries happened.  But we're 10-9 since the all star break despite missing 4 rotation players for much of it.  We have obviously started playing much better regardless of personnel.  

But the fact that we can have 'third stringers' step in and hold their own when needed is a sign of good coaching.   We should remember that from the Bud days.  

• Like 2

On 3/31/2024 at 10:48 AM, benhillboy said:

Bogi is always tremendous.  Check his on/off in relation to the rest of the roster:

IMG_6275.thumb.jpeg.8852f5cae3a46b62b07de2ef5a46a8f7.jpeg

His shooting and short and long movement always bends the defense for great impact, but his valiant effort on defense is what’s keeping his metrics solid (sandwiched between Ant Man and Donovan Mitchell for total steals). 

Shout out to Bruno and Vit making nice strides.  I crap on the Bufkin pick but these numbers show it would’ve been nice to watch him grow defensively if he had been healthy.  Second straight year of sh*tty on/ off for our starting veteran backcourt but no surprise there.  

BTW Patty has been playing significant minutes for the heat in 11 games.  Fool is +19/ +18.6 smh.

One of the big reasons why Hawks are a winning team right now is that Bogi's playing 35+ minutes. Regardless of his hot or cold shoting the driving lanes are wide open and the court looks much bigger for our point guards. He's by far the best shooter on the team that can create for himself and others. The guy is a pure winner and one of the best signigs in the entire nba. The moment he goes back to the bench and his minutes get cut the team will shift into reverse. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

The reason Bruno, Vit and Mathews have been valuable is because they learned the system and what Quin wants out of them.  The same can be said for post injury Hunter.  OO was starting to get there when he got injured.  Bey the same.  

We started the season with no depth and a whole new system.  It was going to take some time and then injuries happened.  But we're 10-9 since the all star break despite missing 4 rotation players for much of it.  We have obviously started playing much better regardless of personnel.  

But the fact that we can have 'third stringers' step in and hold their own when needed is a sign of good coaching.   We should remember that from the Bud days.  

Some refuse to acknowledge Bud’s excellence as a head coach.  Quin is right there with Bud.  

• Like 1