• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dan Roundfield RIP

Final_quest

A very sad day indeed, especially for the few of us who are old enough to remember watching him play. When Fast Eddie and John Drew weren't on their drug binges, those Hawk teams were bad news for any opponent rolling into the old Omni. You wouldn't dare waltz into the lane with the ball unless you were prepared to get sideswiped by either Roundfield or Rollins. And what were you going to do, buck up to those guys? If Horford and Smith consistently showed the effort, toughness, and produced the way Rounds did when he was here, we'd be in much better shape...Anyway, RIP and my condolences to his family...

Edited by Dejay

Just to add to my previous post: for those of you guys too young to remember him picture Ben Wallace with some offense. That's what Roundfield was.

Yeah, it was really amazing watching the guy average around 18 ppg and 10-11 rpg and 1.5 blocks despite being only 6'8" and 205 lbs. (I think he added on another 10 - 20 pounds later in his career.) He was incredibly strong and tough to be so slender. Edited by Watchman