• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets

lethalweapon3

Loss was only by two points.  ISO Joe great contributor tonight against the Hawks.

Free throws?  Yep.  Hawks left 4 points there.  Lost by 2.

Worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA?  Well, they hit 45% of theirs, making 27 points

on the 9  shots that fell.

Bad call on Dennis' foul for the three attempts.  Missed 2 of them!

Can we trade Nique? He jinxed us like 5 times during the game. Oh Brooklyn had they chances...oh Brooklyn had they chances...boozerholzer...he can't speak worth shit. I'm prolly one of the biggest Nique fans but as an announcer he's straight pissing me off...dang

Much hate for Dennis in the chat, but...

... he had 10 dimes
... he had as much rebounds as our All-Star center (and 1 defensive rebound more, than our All-Star center and our All-Star PF together)
... yes he had 3 turns, but there have been 17 more of 'em

I'd say the main problems of the Hawks are

1. Kyle isn't the same he was last year (yet?) and he is chased all over the court by his defenders - so he can't create the spacing he did last year
2. Defensive rebounding by our bigs. 
(3. Bonus - no Antić for inbound plays)

Additionally tonight's game was a bad matchup because Al and Dennis always struggle vs the much stronger Lopez and Jack

• Like 1

Just now, Sarcatic1 said:

And can we get the Stinger full time. Nique is terrible. Dude was calling the game over with over 4 minutes left as if the Hawks were up 40

Oh no please not, his laughing annoys me at least as much as Nique

Where do I start?!!!

-Dennis...a complete fuc up! I mean he's showing that he cannot run the offense. He looks so confused out there this year.  I hate to say it but he's having a terrible 3rd season so far and I rather Bud play Mack if Teague is going to be out and hell I wouldn't mind seeing Lamar get a chance to run point.

-Why the hell is the bench playing with more energy than the starters? I expect the whole team to bring loads of energy like last year but I guess last seasons success has gotten to our starters heads cause they aren't hustling as a team for shit.

-Bud should have pulled Dennis. Mack showed that he deserved full starter minutes and Bud say him and let him get cold for no reason.

-in my opinion Tiago was very effective in the first before going out and would had been extremely effective had he not got in foul trouble. On one foul Tiago did mistakenly put his foot out to far on a screen but the first foul he picked up can be blamed on Dennis for taking off too fast before letting our center properly set the screen. 

-now for some positives....1.we didn't get out rebounded but missed some key rebounds at the end of the game 2. bench played with tons of energy 3. Horford 3pt shot was on, he even hit some clutch ones again 4. Sap played another great offensive game and has been extremely consistent every game 

last but not least these last 2 games have proven how important Teague is and Bazemore is important too as he brings a lot of energy with his play.  I still like Dennis but he's having a terrible 3rd year and constantly killing possessions. Also Dennis defense has been ok but could be better...though that goes for the whole team 

• Like 4

I only caught the tail end of the game but no free throws from both your centers is just bad basketball.  And there was a time not long ago where only the best defenders could lock up Kyle.  Now anyone can with solid effort.  

We should beat Brooklyn, even without Baze and Jeff.  Losing 4 of 5, to the teams we have, is cause for serious self-analysis.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Much hate for Dennis in the chat, but...

... he had 10 dimes
... he had as much rebounds as our All-Star center (and 1 defensive rebound more, than our All-Star center and our All-Star PF together)
... yes he had 3 turns, but there have been 17 more of 'em

I'd say the main problems of the Hawks are

1. Kyle isn't the same he was last year (yet?) and he is chased all over the court by his defenders - so he can't create the spacing he did last year
2. Defensive rebounding by our bigs. 
(3. Bonus - no Antić for inbound plays)

Additionally tonight's game was a bad matchup because Al and Dennis always struggle vs the much stronger Lopez and Jack

Stats aren't everything, wins are.  I don't care how many assists he had, it's clear as day that he is not ready to be a reliable PG in this league.  He's a combo guard who struggles to initiate the offense for others. 

• Like 2

I don't want to get half the board in an uproar, but I think we miss Pero.  

Al is foolishly taking the threes he used to instead of his patented mid range pick and pop at the team's peril, yet Pero had a much better body type than Splitter defensively down low and is a much better, wider screener than both.  Our screen game without he and Demarre has taken a huge hit and it's hurting Dennis and  Kyle a great deal.