• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Last year we often won games by balanced performances of the starters (+ 0 to 2 bench player), didn't we? This year it seems we depend more on one to three guys like "superstar teams" - but we have different performers from game to game. 

That may be one of the main problems. The team isn't balanced any more an depends on some player to get hot...

Cousin is a very, very talented scorer.  Inside, outside behind the arc and from the free throw line.

Also, on the other side of the coin, he is somewhat of a bully and, if given the opportunity, dirty.

As someone has said, he has a Josh Smith habit of wanting to stop and complain to the ref when

things don't go his way.  I don't like his attitude.

• Like 1

• Admin
14 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A quick standings note: thanks to the Hornets and Magic wins tonight, if Milwaukee beats the Cavs again tomorrow, Everyone Not Named the Nyets and Sixers will be at-or-above .500 in the East.

~lw3

That's good because I am tired of the west is soooo good and the east is weak.  I actually think the west is kinda overrated

-Millsap could not be stopped.  A little bit of redemption hitting that big shot after missing one against the Jazz.

-Dennis makes the defense honest when he is hitting his shot.  Still not his best, but much improved over the previous games.

-Al did fine on offense but how do you get just 1 rebound???  We could've used him late in the 3rd when Sac seemed to be getting a ton.

-Lamar is solid.  I like him over Holiday slightly.  He shoots with more purpose, while Holiday seems to just jack up shots sometimes whether it's within the flow or not.

-Korver didn't really look like he was looking for his shot out there.

We won, but that was assisted by how bad the Kings are.  How many points did they give up just because Cousins didn't want to hustle back on defense?  Or when our guys were just blowing by him without much effort.  Rondo throwing the ball everywhere but his teammates hands.  Poor George Karl....

Not the prettiest of wins but I'll take it.  We needed one to get some confidence going into this next stretch.  We've played more games than any other team in the NBA (5 more than the Wizards!).  Let's use the next few days to rest and get ready for our ECF rematch!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Making @kg01 proud.

Let's be honest, y'all are just here to entertain me.

A Toast

@lethalweapon3 has made great strides in his gif'ing.  I look forward to seeing some incorporated in his game threads.

On the game, I owe @Richesly an apology.  He made some great points on Dennis having some deficiencies in running the offense and he was totally right.  We really miss Teague out there.  Hope the team finally getting  a break will be enough time for him to heal up.

I know y'all are tired of hearing this but we've played 14 GAMES!!!

No other team in the East has played more than 12!!  The Zards have played 9!  We have 9 wins already and are heading into our 2nd 4-in-5 stretch of the season.

WTF NBA!?  What in the actual f*ck!?!

I hope Teague and Baze are back vs cleveland.  That would be our best win of this young season and we don't see them again until the end of the year. 

Thought I would add a positive message about the Atlanta crowd last night since I have been hard on them other nights.  Great showing on a yucky Wednesday night.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JETSET said:

I hope Teague and Baze are back vs cleveland.  That would be our best win of this young season and we don't see them again until the end of the year. 

Thought I would add a positive message about the Atlanta crowd last night since I have been hard on them other nights.  Great showing on a yucky Wednesday night.  

This was one of the two games that Hawks gave tickets to honor roll students in Atlanta Public Schools.   That might have helped a good wednesday turnout.   I'm guessing there were a ton  of people in the 300s on the corners and ends.

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This was one of the two games that Hawks gave tickets to honor roll students in Atlanta Public Schools.   That might have helped a good wednesday turnout.   I'm guessing there were a ton  of people in the 300s on the corners and ends.

The 300 ends were kinda slack. I sit in the section behind the Hawks bench so I don't get a good look at the 200s and 300s above me. The 100s were solid last night and the crowd got pretty loud at times. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I hope Baze is not. It isn't going to be pretty if they try to start the three guard lineup vs Cleveland.

The more bodies the better.  Not sure how any one could wish Baze would be inactive.  We need his 3 pt shooting and high energy.

• Like 1

I thought the Sac game was tonight with Cleveland on Sat (I didn't think we were allowed 2 days of rest). I was already annoyed sitting out in traffic this morning and then I heard the score on the radio. Oh well, at least we won. For as bad as it has been lately we're still in a pretty good spot.

Edited by High5