• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I know lw3 always has great write ups. But I'm going to nominate this the best one yet. So great I read it twice. I was going to comment on the JR Rider reference at the zoo, then the Byron Scott ex laker can't coach reference, then the Kobe ski lodge reference, but as I kept reading there was too many great ones. I would say this game thread and the 2 Chainz one of last year are my 2 favs. LOVED IT. Our resident game thread expert is now officially also a reptile expert. :-) As fitty cent would say... U GOTTA LOVE IT..

As  far as the game is concerned...Don't take the Lakers lightly and please let's get our first blowout game of the season. I want a 25+point win.

Hawks 117

Lakers 92

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Me when I read the above ...

Kobe Reaction

Me when I realized it's date night with the wife and I'll prolly miss the game ...

Kobe Death Stare

Just tell her you will be postponing dinner and make her some pb&j to hold her over

Last seasons game against the Lakers I imposed a self ban from the Squawk for one week if the Hawks lost.

On 11/18/2014, 8:45:23, JayBirdHawk said:

Well shit - looks like I'll be gone from the Squawk for a week.

Mmmmmmm, should I do it again?

ybrws.gif

I lasted a day I think.

This thread  http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/400597-official-game-thread-hawks-lakers/?page=1   had some classic comments, Thabo was a bad signing @Sothron ate a lot of crow on that one :

On 1/9/2015, 1:42:48, Sothron said:

I will gladly eat crow pie, crow stow, crow ice cream, crow spaghetti and hell even chew crow bubble gum.  

The comments are pretty much the same issues to start the year last year, Al, rebounding, slow starts, etc

• Premium Member

I know this has been debated so many times..but the true fans of Atlanta sports teams (like us) are good fans.

The problem is we don't have enough people living in Atlanta that show any type of pride and fandom to the city. People move down here and root for their northern teams. Others just want to be trendy and root for a team like the Lakers (Kobe) when they haven't even been to LA. 

I just get tired of seeing it year after year. 

This team is good a being consistently inconsistent.  

We seem to have fixed our 1st half problems of getting down big and having to battle back, now we've transfered it to the 3rd quarter (starters) of giving up big leads.

Get it together!!!

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

I know this has been debated so many times..but the true fans of Atlanta sports teams (like us) are good fans.

The problem is we don't have enough people living in Atlanta that show any type of pride and fandom to the city. People move down here and root for their northern teams. Others just want to be trendy and root for a team like the Lakers (Kobe) when they haven't even been to LA. 

You got a point about this, and I agree but, I think when it comes to this game it's a normal occurrence and not  just an 'Atlanta' thing. Every game in the eastern conference (except maybe Lakers @ Celtics) will probably be a home game for the Lakers now. It'll be there last chance to see Kobe, and frankly...he has a ton of fans...still wish we had a stronger fanbase though.

Edited by Blazemore

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

No kidding. I'm in Minneapolis and wanted to see @sothron team play tomorrow and there isn't a single ticket available on ticketmaster or stubhub.  Meanwhile,  you can find a Hawks 300 Hawks tickets for $30. 

I guess charlotte isn't the only basketball crazy city in this country after all. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Hawks tied the heat (101-88 win on Nov. 10) for the highest Margin of Victory so far (13 points) over the Lakers among Eastern Conference teams this season. The Lakers have played 10 Eastern teams so far, only 9 Western teams.

@ Brooklyn W +6

@ New York L -4

@ Miami L -13

@ Orlando L -2

vs. Detroit W +12

vs. Toronto L -11

vs. Indiana L -4

@ Philly L -12

@ Washington W +4

@ Atlanta L -13

(#excuses)

~lw3

• Like 3

The Lakers have one of the most bizarre collections of veterans ever assembled. Kobe, Lou, and Swaggy on the perimeter with Hibbert down low and Metta Ron Panda on his own planet. Byron Scott as the coach is the cherry on top. They have some nice young talent, but I can't imagine that's a great environment for development. 

• Like 1

JETSET:  Haven't you watched the commercial where this little boy tells his dad

where to look and tells him, regardless of what they say, the games are NEVER sold out.

The tickets are always available and never fake!

(Most stupid advertisement on TV)