• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official* Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks (7:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

The Bucks outrebounded the Hawks 65 to 49.  So yeah, what went on inside had a major impact on the outcome of the game.

I see Millsap isn't afraid to yank down an offensive rebound. He need some more help around him though. They gotta build around the superstar.

8 hours ago, Jody23 said:

The Bucks outrebounded the Hawks 65 to 49.  So yeah, what went on inside had a major impact on the outcome of the game.

Exactly. I didnt even respond to the insult because it was laughable what dude said.  The Bucks CAMPED in the paint. Dribble penetration my butt. In fact, the Bucks COULDNT dribble penetrate effectively because almost everytime they did,  they turned the ball over. Nique spent THE WHOLE GAME pointing out how young and inexperienced the Bucks are and their turnovers off "dribble penetration."  The Bucks had 19 turnovers in that game. If not for that, they wouldve blown the doors off the Hawks.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, pimp said:

I heard on 92.9 the Game,     that out of 23 games,   the Sixers are the only team that we have outrebounded in 2016 

But NBAsnoopy say we dont watch the games. He said DRIBBLE PENETRATION beat the Hawks last night...........

Edited by Hawkmoor

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly. I didnt even respond to the insult because it was laughable what dude said.  The Bucks CAMPED in the paint. Dribble penetration my butt. In fact, the Bucks COULDNT dribble penetrate effectively because almost everytime they did,  they turned the ball over. Nique spent THE WHOLE GAME pointing out how young and inexperienced the Bucks are and their turnovers off "dribble penetration."

Did you watch the game, we were getting beat with the dribble drive all game long. They weren't efficient with it but it created opportunities for their bigs constantly. Sometimes I read the posts here and just shake my head at the lunacy of you posters. It's like you see what you want to see.

Fox Sports in Milwaukee BACKED up what i said.  No mention of "dribble penetration" at all.  BUCKS REBOUNDING is what they mentioned........but i dont know what im talking about. I saw the Bucks play keep away last night. Heck, even Plumlee was dominating them before he went out.  Nobody is saying the Bucks couldnt dribble penetrate. Thats not won the game.  You can dribble penetrate all day long, but  you have to SHOOT the ball at the end of the penetration.  When the Bucks shot the ball, MOST times they got the miss.

Edited by Hawkmoor

vor 13 Minuten, Hawkmoor sagte:

Fox Sports in Milwaukee BACKED up what i said.  No mention of "dribble penetration" at all.  BUCKS REBOUNDING is what they mentioned........but i dont know what im talking about. I saw the Bucks play keep away last night. Heck, even Plumlee was dominating them before he went out.  Nobody is saying the Bucks couldnt dribble penetrate. Thats not won the game.  You can dribble penetrate all day long, but if you have to SHOOT the ball at the end of the penetration.  When the Bucks shot the ball, MOST times they got the miss.

I agree the issue is more than dribble-pentration. But the dribble-penetration also caused for allot of offensive rebounds and easy put-backs for Milwaukee. The many TO's on that end are also caused because of them milking that end relentlessly. So causing many TO's there as well as being productive from there. TO's stand out more then when things go right. Its that way with many things, like selling news stories. No one cares for good news. Also Middleton was very quite last night because the game didnt go trough him(shooting). Really a truckload of offensive rebounds came after dribble penetration. Which makes our bigs look bad, but really, before rebounding they have to come out and cover the penetration, hence creating a rebounding advantage for guys like Monroe and Parker.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Fox Sports in Milwaukee BACKED up what i said.  No mention of "dribble penetration" at all.  BUCKS REBOUNDING is what they mentioned........but i dont know what im talking about. I saw the Bucks play keep away last night. Heck, even Plumlee was dominating them before he went out.  Nobody is saying the Bucks couldnt dribble penetrate. Thats not won the game.  You can dribble penetrate all day long, but  you have to SHOOT the ball at the end of the penetration.  When the Bucks shot the ball, MOST times they got the miss.

World to silly. I literally was in the chat telling each possession what was happening. Each f***ing defensive possession.  @lethalweapon3 and numerous others as my witness and it was dribble drives constantly that was killing our defense. Especially from the SF position and Dennis. 

They were attacking the paint, we switch to the ball handler, they either try for a layup, pass the ball out, turn the ball over or pass it to Parker, Plumlee or Monroe for an easy assist. It was too obvious. I am literally watching the game and breaking this down in the chat. Yet you want to talk about f**king rebounds? What about rebounds. Which the exception of maybe three, one that felt out of Horford's hands, one that Millsap tipped to the other team and one that Horford tipped out to Thabo but it when out of bounds, most of our rebounding chances were fall more SLIM than Milwaukee's. Why is that? 

1. Penetration, are bigs were out of position due to penetration and weren't in position for rebounds thanks to our guards.

2. We are a jump shooting team, those teams tend to be lower rebounding teams more times than not unless they have a Dwight Howard or DeAndre Jordan anchoring the paint. 

3. Bud's style of play is not conducive to rebounding as mostly everyone runs on  possessions to get easy points or not to give up easy points with our team. 

If you don't understand how we play, it's best you don't speak on it. 

8 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I agree the issue is more than dribble-pentration. But the dribble-penetration also caused for allot of offensive rebounds and easy put-backs for Milwaukee. The many TO's on that end are also caused because of them milking that end relentlessly. So causing many TO's there as well as being productive from there. TO's stand out more then when things go right. Its that way with many things, like selling news stories. No one cares for good news. Also Middleton was very quite last night because the game didnt go trough him(shooting). Really a truckload of offensive rebounds came after dribble penetration. Which makes our bigs look bad, but really, before rebounding they have to come out and cover the penetration, hence creating a rebounding advantage for guys like Monroe and Parker.

Look, im NOT trying to disagree with you. Yes, dribble penetration can break down a defense and pull bigs out of position.  Thats not the problem i saw last night. If anything the dribble penetration was PULLING, Milsap in particular, into the paint to defend it.  What i saw was bigger guys playing keep away or outright outrebounding Sap and Horford in the interior.  The Hawks got poor Kyle Korver down in the paint area trying to help out on the boards also.

Next issue. If the Hawks had Dwight Howard OR SOMEONE SIMILAR, the dribble penetration would be a moot point anyway.  In fact, if you wanna expound on dribble penetration it opens the door to the FUNDAMENTAL flaw in how the Hawks are constructed:  Horford is not a NBA center. Horford is paired with a SMALLISH power forward.  Teams dont even really look at tape of the Hawks anymore because the plan is simple:  HIT THE BOARDS on the Hawks.

Edited by Hawkmoor

8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

According to the game recap, the Bucks scored 27 second chance points off offensive rebounds.  The Hawks scored 10 such points.

I PLAYED POINT GUARD. I was more suited for the two guard, but always played the point. With my two guard approach to the game, i would either pass the ball ONCE or shoot the ball. The coach would get on me to "dribble penetrate and break down the defense." Ok, i stopped shooting as much, and starting breaking down the defense.  What this did was HIGHLIGHT the fact our center couldnt score or rebound AFTER i broke the defense down. 

The point is, it doesnt matter what happens BEFORE the FIRST shot, its what happens AFTER the first shot. What happens if that first shot dont go down?  Dominique Wilkins is the BEST offensive rebounding forward ive ever seen. He would PURPOSELY throw up airballs because he knew he could out rebound opponents. Thats literally what is happening to the Hawks. 

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

SSDD. Hawks lose another game to a team they should beat because they got embarrassed on the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Dolf did you turn on some "infolinks" thing or did I get a virus on the squawk that's showing ads now?

10 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

Hey Dolf did you turn on some "infolinks" thing or did I get a virus on the squawk that's showing ads now?

Ya some weird stuff going on...I thought @kg01 was messin around lol

Sorry guys I didn't realize this went live the account. Was pending for a week and I had to leave their code up for testing. Info links and other ads will be coming very soon for all non premium members though as we've raised $20 in 4 months and can't keep the lights on like that.