Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

The Hawks are what the Spurs would look like without Leonard, Parker and Aldridge. A great system,  with average talent. The system is making these scrubs look better than they are.  Its plain and simple. Without a big time scorer in Atlanta,  they are not gonna win a championship.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks are what the Spurs would look like without Leonard, Parker and Aldridge. A great system,  with average talent. The system is making these scrubs look better than they are.  Its plain and simple. Without a big time scorer in Atlanta,  they are not gonna win a championship.

I would say our best players are better than Aldridge and Parker. Leonard and Duncan tho....

8 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

i agree that they do need a big time scorer but i dont agree that you calling them scrubs

We sure saw why I said Love and Irving’s injury may not have meant as much as people like to claim it did. They are talented offensively but absolute sieves on D. That being said Cleveland knows how to lock up everyone else on this team, especially since Tristan Thompson seems to be in Al Horford’s head and Teague and Millsap ain’t enough, it is that simple.

And I'll say it again, it's bad that a guy that is just rebounding and "D" is in a starter's head.

Edited by Lurker

Our attempts at game-winning baskets piss me off so much. They never cease to amaze me. I guess Teague thought they would just foul him immediately, but you have to make a move towards the basket for that to happen. Thabo coming off the bench and taking his first 3 in a week after Teague's steal was annoying, too. Didn't need that so early in the shot clock with only a minute left.

Losing to LeBron also kind of pisses me off, but I'm so accustomed to it at this point. He must have a 95% win rate against us. 

We have one more opportunity to end this regular season on a high note with Toronto-Boston-@Cleveland. The Cavs might have the 1 seed locked up at that point, though. I hope not. I don't care about our seeding anymore, so I want their best shot. 

3 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

huh? timeout for needless? and all fouls were 5 seconds late?

He obiously watched ESPN and they talked about clock management. You have to know what plan changes were made in the timeout to know if they were needless. 

Hawks had two chances to win. Get the steal on trapped Irving without fouling or hit the last shot. So I wouldn't blame Bud.

At first the refs were okay but later they whisled some shit. Like the offensive foul vs Dennis. Delly's feet weren't even in the ground... And Lebron got away with some shit late in the game...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rd79 said:

He obiously watched ESPN and they talked about clock management. You have to know what plan changes were made in the timeout to know if they were needless. 

Hawks had two chances to win. Get the steal on trapped Irving without fouling or hit the last shot. So I wouldn't blame Bud.

At first the refs were okay but later they whisled some shit. Like the offensive foul vs Dennis. Delly's feet weren't even in the ground... And Lebron got away with some shit late in the game...

Yea hawks had a lot chances, they really need to limit their turnovers too, it's a big factor, if they play great defense, decent scoring and low turnover they have higher chance beating talented teams like cleveland

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Lurker said:

We sure saw why I said Love and Irving’s injury may not have meant as much as people like to claim it did. They are talented offensively but absolute sieves on D. That being said Cleveland knows how to lock up everyone else on this team, especially since Tristan Thompson seems to be in Al Horford’s head and Teague and Millsap ain’t enough, it is that simple.

And I'll say it again, it's bad that a guy that is just rebounding and "D" is in a starter's head.

This is a statement that I agree with.

Love and Irving are an advantage for whoever plays the Cavs... and I wouldn't mind being the 4 seed when it's all said and done.   I like the road through Cleveland more than the one through Toronto.

Well atleast we didn't get completely screwed by the refs like the raptors game. It was a well called game against the cavs for the most part. I think if we see them in the playoffs we still won't beat them in a series but we will get atleast a game or 2. 

I still rather face the raptors in the playoffs in the second round. Trust me if the game is called fair or atleast like this one against the cavs we can beat the raptors.

At the end of the day this was simply a loss.  I dont like it, but i can live with it (kinda).

Before, we looked like we didn't belong on the same court.

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Well atleast we didn't get completely screwed by the refs like the raptors game. It was a well called game against the cavs for the most part. I think if we see them in the playoffs we still won't beat them in a series but we will get atleast a game or 2. 

I still rather face the raptors in the playoffs in the second round. Trust me if the game is called fair or atleast like this one against the cavs we can beat the raptors.

EVERY game that Lebron plays, the other team gets screwed. From his elbowing people to drive between them, to running over people, to his signature crab walk. On his go ahead jumper against the Hawks late last night,  he skipped, hopped, jumped, then settled, into a short jump shot. Referee right there and didtn say a thing. Thats why i never liked Lebron. He is the most uncordinated basketball player i ever seen and they FORCE him on fans as if he is a basketball King.  If the referees called the appropriate calls on James, he would be a bench player. Yes, i said that.

Examples of his crabwalk, referees standing there with instructions from league office to not blow a whistle:

LeTravel-1.gif

lebron-james-travel.gif

lebron-james-travel-nba-finals.gif

travel.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2