• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Honestly this is a house money game and the only thing that would upset me is if it was a blowout. And this is where those baaaddd losses to Brooklyn and Phoenix bite, if they got both of those games I think they’d have the Southeast and 3rd seed right now and wouldn’t have to try.

7 minutes ago, BackForThe2ndTime said:

Sooooo....How many times are we gonna let Schröder come in the game and just kill any momentum we have?

Kirk Hinrich isn't really an option. If Schröder goes butt mode, the only really "GOOD" option is to go PG less and have Millsap play point forward.

Soooo, if we get these standings (as I think this is what we'll get now), than who does Atlanta play:

ATL - 49-33

BOS, MIA, CHA - all 48-34

I think it'd be Charlotte still, but I am not sure. Charlotte still loses tiebreaker over Boston despite winning today, Boston has tiebreaker over Miami regardless of what happens Wednesday, and Charlotte doesn't have tiebreaker over Miami (series is tied).

So how do you figure that out?

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Kirk Hinrich isn't really an option. If Schröder goes butt mode, the only really "GOOD" option is to go PG less and have Millsap play point forward.

Soooo, if we get these standings (as I think this is what we'll get now), than who does Atlanta play:

ATL - 49-33

BOS, MIA, CHA - all 48-34

I think it'd be Charlotte still, but I am not sure. Charlotte still loses tiebreaker over Boston despite winning today, Boston has tiebreaker over Miami regardless of what happens Wednesday, and Charlotte doesn't have tiebreaker over Miami (series is tied).

So how do you figure that out?

in a 3-way tie, the first tiebreaker is Did Anybody Win a Division? (nope in that scenario), and then cumulative head-to-heads among the 3 teams.

EDIT: If I'm counting right, the head-to-heads for those 3 teams by themselves are: BOS 4-1 (4th), CHA 3-4, mia 2-4. If the heat win against the Celts on Wednesday to make it 3-4, then the Hornets/heat tiebreaker would be Division record, so it would be mia 10-6 (5th) and CHA 8-8 or 7-9 (6th). (Hornets play Orlando on Wednesday)

~lw3

• Moderators

In event of a 4-way tie at 48-34, I believe the heat win the SE division (3rd) but the Hawks finish 4th due to a better combined head-to-head (6-2) vs. BOS (3-4) and CHA (2-5). So any way to slice it, it's homecourt from here on out.

~lw3

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

When we are struggling to maintain when our second team comes in, I would disagree that Hinrich isn't an option. I don't necessarily think we have to bench Schröder, but the he consistently plays like a guy who has the green light. Then he consistently get distracted on little vendettas. There was a sequence where Schröder made a mistake on offense and before it even happened, I'm sure all of us knew he was about to get a stupid foul on Delly and sure enough he did. It's on Coach Bud at this point.  

Just now, BackForThe2ndTime said:

When we are struggling to maintain when our second team comes in, I would disagree that Hinrich isn't an option. I don't necessarily think we have to bench Schröder, but the he consistently plays like a guy who has the green light. Then he consistently get distracted on little vendettas. There was a sequence where Schröder made a mistake on offense and before it even happened, I'm sure all of us knew he was about to get a stupid foul on Delly and sure enough he did. It's on Coach Bud at this point.

Hinrich is horrible and would not change the fact that the bench starts looking really bad if Scott is reluctant to put shots up and Hardaway Jr is off with his shot (and while he shot 50% in this specific game, his three was off). If this bench gets nothing from the point guard offensively, even if they're looking for their shot, they get nothing from the bench offensively.

And it looks like the bench is in full on #2015playoffsmode.

we are not beating good teams, really itll be a second round exit if were lucky, and just pray we get a player that can get us to the finals - Horford is getting his which is funny since hes half the player millsap is but whatev its the biz these days.

Bud just admitted in post game, welllllll u know credit to Cle we cant really stop them, but we didnt play bad def, i mean wtf are u talking about dude

• Like 1