• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder.

Diesel

• Moderators

I like both of them.   I actually like Teague a little more but the idea that Dennis comes in and just plays iso ball doesn't hold water.   I think he does what Bud tells him to do and Dennis' per36 assist numbers are slightly better than Teague's and Dennis' points are slightly less.    Dennis screwed up that last play for sure but we've seen Teague twice not even get a shot off on a final play.   We've seen Al and Sap miss shots at the end.   We sucked this year in close games.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I like both of them.   I actually like Teague a little more but the idea that Dennis comes in and just plays iso ball doesn't hold water.   I think he does what Bud tells him to do and Dennis' per36 assist numbers are slightly better than Teague's and Dennis' points are slightly less.    Dennis screwed up that last play for sure but we've seen Teague twice not even get a shot off on a final play.   We've seen Al and Sap miss shots at the end.   We sucked this year in close games.

Ding ding ding!

There's a reason why I'm saying it didn't matter WHAT Schröder did, it was likely going to result in the same outcome=a loss. That's all I'm saying. Historical evidence from the season is not good in end of game situations and it doesn't matter which PG is out there or what.

Edited by Lurker

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dennis screwed up that last play for sure but we've seen Teague twice not even get a shot off on a final play.   We've seen Al and Sap miss shots at the end.   We sucked this year in close games.  

Exactly!!! I'll take Dennis driving the lane all day over Jeff dribbling in place for 10+ seconds and not get off a shot. Nothing more infuriating then that. 

vor 3 Stunden, Diesel sagte:

ts the offense just as much as he helps it.  The key thing about Dennis is not how he helps the offense, but I believe that he played defense more physically than Teague did.   That's why Bud called Teague back to the Bench.  I watched it again, Teague was due to come in and Bud say Dennis wrestling with Love for position.   Teague is not going to wrestle with Love.  He doesn't have that kind of Dog in him.  However, Teague will make those around him better.   Dennis doesn't.  Dennis takes us back to Joe Johnson Hero ball.  Sometimes it works but nobody else gets better.   Everybody goes into the isoball mentality and guess what.. We all know that ISOBall doesn't work.

I'm oldschool basketball, so I can tell you having two PGs is not a bad th

I get where you pointing at.
But he only plays iso if the possesion is dead and clock is ticking down.. Same goes for teague if he's on the field. Otherwise he is involved in the pnr.
I think this is not on the pg's but the coaches and rightfully so. Meanwhile he's kicking after penetrating the whole year especially with kyle on the court. (kick to corner >> swing to korver^^)

Against cleveland, i guess, iso against dellavadova with no rim-protector on cavs-site was their best option and considering teague was banged up, dennis was the man for it.
C'mon Cavs's perimeter defense was strong and shots weren't falling.. don't pretend it was schroeders idea to play hero-ball.

About Schröder making teammates better or not.. Think about hawks-success last year..
I'm too lazy to go with the advanced stats..

Dennis has championship mettle, just needs time to mature and his decision-making will improve naturally.  Driving and finishing left and developing a reliable mid range jumper and floater should be his aim this offseason.  7 or 8 more pounds wouldn't hurt either.  

I love his competitiveness defensively but the pedestrian advanced numbers trouble me.

I've always had a take-or-leave approach with ole Blink.  The Hawks have him for one more year on one of the league's sweetest deals.  That's something I guess.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Dennis has championship mettle, just needs time to mature and his decision-making will improve naturally.  Driving and finishing left and developing a reliable mid range jumper and floater should be his aim this offseason.  7 or 8 more pounds wouldn't hurt either.  

I love his competitiveness defensively but the pedestrian advanced numbers trouble me.

I've always had a take-or-leave approach with ole Blink.  The Hawks have him for one more year on one of the league's sweetest deals.  That's something I guess.

Naw.  We wish but it's not in him.   You have to be willing to sacrifice for real and he's not.   We hope that more time in Bud's hands will change that and maybe Bud do too but how long did we Hope Smoove would stop making boneheaded plays?  How Long did we hope that Marvin would get it?  How long did we hope that Teague would be Aggressive all the time.  They are who they are and time doesn't change them that much.   I equate Dennis to IsoJoe.  Joe would get you 20/5/5.  Nobody every mentions it but Joe did a lot of passing.  He led us in assist just about every year he played for us.. but the question is did he make those around him better?  No.  At the end of the game, everybody was watching him do the isojoe thing. Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Dribble, Shoot...  We went the way that Joe went.  I see Dennis as the same.  He'll get you 4 or 5 assist.. even in a structure PNP.  However, given more responsibility, he's going to want the ball in his own hands more.

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think the problem with Schro is ISO ball, but over-dribbling. Dude always takes more dribbles than he should, and routinely is late on passes or outright misses passing windows. Ball just sticks to Dennis' hand more than it should.

oh fck, you dudes dont know what your into atm. Dennis is one of the most wanted pointguards atm. he was a 17th pick. I better speak to him in angel tongues, bc guess what there is no reason he needs to feel commited to atl, since they dont give him the starting spot. I am sure either dennis starts next year, or he is going somewhere else. It is nothing negative, but he is from germany so why would he feel like atlanta is anything special to him, its just simply all he knows so far. treat him like shit and you franchise face leaves you to play the 2nd fidel somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

oh fck, you dudes dont know what your into atm. Dennis is one of the most wanted pointguards atm. he was a 17th pick. I better speak to him in angel tongues, bc guess what there is no reason he needs to feel commited to atl, since they dont give him the starting spot. I am sure either dennis starts next year, or he is going somewhere else. It is nothing negative, but he is from germany so why would he feel like atlanta is anything special to him, its just simply all he knows so far. treat him like shit and you franchise face leaves you to play the 2nd fidel somewhere else.

He just can't go anywhere next year if he doesn't  start. 

And for the record  he isn't  being treated like shit.

he sure isnt. I personally think he is treated very fair, but he has a point to claim the number 1 spot from now on since teague was a no factor and dennis was a factor. he will play for germany in the summer and after that he will not be okay with playing from the bench, its an ego thing and also it doesnt look good if germanys starting starpg is coming off the bench. It is in fact perfectly alright but who knows what media guys will plant into his head in the summer. 

And to the first part well the hawks dont want an unhappy guy on the bench so he either will get traded if he feels like he needs to or space will be created for him. After these playoffs he sure is the face of this franchise and he definitly wants to get treated that way. he just did a very positive interview about bud, i think he knows he will be getting the keys to the city now.

Dont know if i am supporting him on this, but he has to take the next step.

23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

This is light compared to what I’ve seen on Twitter-verse and it’s not just one person on twitter (it's just three people though). Not naming names here but the comments can get bad.

so tell me pls lurker what have you read on twitter. i can translate dennises interview into english, but i will wait bc he will give like 20 major interviews this summer. So far all he said is that he really understands everything that bud did with him so far but that he also wants to start now. And the german media guys will definitly plant that in his head, just like his advisor.

On 5/9/2016 at 10:48 AM, rd79 said:

Actually Dennis last drive wasn't that bad. He stopped, avoided the block and faked, this was something else than he did his last drives so it was a good try for me. Who else should have taken the shot instead? We were like 3/100000 from behind the arc since half and everybody else struggled to make baskets in the 4th at all... If he passes this ball, everybody else would have made another pass until a rushed shot with 0.3 sec left...

Bud has to choose his PG now. You cannot be prepared better for such clutch moments if you sit on the bench at the end of games.

Dennis reached a level where he needs startimg minutes and regular clutch moments to improve!

This situation doesn't fit Jeff either.

He could have done the smart thing and pulled up for an open 10 ft jumper/runner instead of driving into a crowd of bigs and getting smothered.  He reminds me a lot of the way Jason Terry  played when he was here.  Drive into the crowd, throw the ball away or get smothered.

One of the things this person likes to say is that "Dennis Schröder is the main reason we lost X and X games, if we saw more Jeff Teague, it would have been a win instead of a loss". Check your PM for some specific comments after the playoff series in about 15 minutes and a name given. I can't copy them as this person has me blocked.

vor 1 Stunde, gonzo sagte:

... and also it doesnt look good if germanys starting starpg is coming off the bench. It is in fact perfectly alright but who knows what media guys will plant into his head in the summer.  ..

really? we germans freak out if our national players are playing in spain or for a US college / the nba d-league.

It is not like we have usually 7 nba starters for our national team. 

Edited by Ekyo

hey ekyo this would be way easier to write in our beloved german language, but the german media is kinda stupid. you got bild which is the newspaper that dennis has to rely on. But bild will try to build up (no pwn intended) dennis. Dennis might get some media coverage from FIVE and basket but all the rest will problably be axel springer verlag. So they really can control dennis in the way they want. And they will mark him a failure immediatly after he fails to win us an olympic medal. that basketball is teamsport is kinda exhausting to write for german media guys.

OFC dennis is the best player we(germany) got right now, ofc the spanish guys are our 2nd best, but the media doesnt need this. either dennis makes germany atg, or he is a failure. your too much of a fan and you have too much knowledge than the average german michel that picks up the bild and eats his hamburger.

your smart my friend (in basketballways:D) but the rest of germany wants to be entertained on the cost of 1 little brunswick guy.

Bild/sportbild will tell us how dennis is awesome and needed for atlanta next week, than they will switch to either does dennis need atl, or  does the nba need dennis. Its their buisness.

Sorry for writing in german now:

Hey ekyo ganz im ernst, dennis wird von den deutschen medien hart vergewaltigt. Die wollen klicks generieren. also schreiben die halt irgendnen kack hinter ner kryptischen titelstory.  Und wenn sie dennis was falsches nachsagen, interressiert es ja eh keinen.  Bild  soll  zb deals mit homosexuellen fussballern haben welche die bild systematisch erpresst. kein witz ist ein bekanntes gerücht.(will mich auch nicht in schwierigkeiten bringen)

aber schön das du hier auf hawksquak angekommen bist. hoffe wir haben bald tolle diskussionen. liebe grüsse, flo

Pls dont hold it agaiinst me, i guarantee its a very specific german topic i talked about and explaining it in english would really take years for me.

Are you guys drunk? No one in Germany cares about basketball and I think Dennis is very happy in ATL, also because at this point he is a sort of a system point-guard with a coach who formed him and where he knows he is in a srs organisation, playing play-offs each year and with lots of potential to take it a step further.  I think PHIL, SAC etc would be a disaster for Dennis and I thinks he knows this. He might be interested in CLE or something. I saw him dreweling at Lebron on the bench and he didnt let an opportunity slip to head him up on D.

• Like 1