• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

When I said this, I was crazy.

Well it's kinda true. I mean I think the reason everyone got on your case was because of the win total prediction. Didn't you say between 35 and 60 wins? Lol.

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Gee whiz!  We sure have some very observant posters here on Hawksquawk.

Lurker has been on here for over 1600 posts.

This reminds me of a story I'll share with you:

In the summertime, a new family moved in next door to a young boy, just school age.

They had a child about his own age.  They quickly became friends and playmates.

On the first day of school, they met at the school bus stop.  The young boy gasped

in amazement.  "Oh, my gosh!  You're a girl!"  Yep.  Today, for the first time, he saw

his new best friend in a dress!

It's been there all the time.  Right under her name is the fact:  Gender - Female.

Lurker, I'm sorry.  But I'm glad some of our posters here has FINALLY awakened.

:hmm:

IMG_7501.GIF

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Well, here it goes:

1. I was wrong about Schröder.  He is playing very well now, despite how poorly he was playing earlier. 
  2. I was shocked to see Korver make so many bad passes that resulted in turnovers last night.  He did make a couple of good entry passes, but the turnovers really killed momentum on several  occasions.
  3. I do not understand not playing Humphries.  He is a better rebounder on a per minute basis than even Millsap.  He also is not afraid to get physical.  I mean, the man averaged a double double two seasons in a row, which Muscala will likely never do, as he is not a good rebounder.  Humphries must have insulted Bud or something.
  4. I am really beginning to question Bud's game management decisions, even though I generally think pretty highly of him.  His stubbornness hurts us sometimes.

Co-sign.   This is perfect.  32 minutes for Korver is beyond puzzling and I have no idea about Humphries.  He should have started IMO.

• Like 1

From what I've seen in this quarter so far...

The offense just stopped with Bazemore handling. He was able to get to the bucket a couple times but missed what should be an easy shot for him and missed free throws.

If he's not going to make easy layups, why is he playing at all?

When Dennis handled he mostly played a two man game with Millsap but he missed a three pointer that he had been making lately. His jumper was off in this game but he was able to get to the bucket.

Muscala cooled off. He had a good open look at a mid range shot off of a possession where the offense was run but it popped out.

On two key possessions with it a two possession game, Korver fumbled the ball and later turned it over on an attempted bounce pass under one minute. He's really looking old when he's played a lot of minutes.

• Like 2

Korver actually had a good game untill the 4th quarter and those 3 disaster TO's that cost us the game together with the two shots rimming out by Dennis and Muscala. Korver hustled on D, had 4 blocks, 5 rebounds and some great passes. With all his deficits these TO's where not Korver like(but yeah Lurker, prolly tired). Also thought Muscala whas subbed in to late in the 4th after that 6/6 run he had. To less time to warm up on the court before crunch-time. They all tried their best though with this line-up.

As far as Humphries goes: dont you guys see he runs like a little girl? On offense he can not catch up to the spots where he needs to be and if he doesnt grab the offensive rebound we are 4 on 5 on D. Thats why.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Korver actually had a good game untill the 4th quarter and those 3 disaster TO's that cost us the game together with the two shots rimming out by Dennis and Muscala. Korver hustled on D, had 4 blocks, 5 rebounds and some great passes. With all his deficits these TO's where not Korver like(but yeah Lurker, prolly tired). Also thought Muscala whas subbed in to late in the 4th after that 6/6 run he had. To less time to warm up on the court before crunch-time. They all tried their best though with this line-up.

As far as Humphries goes: dont you guys see he runs like a little girl? On offense he can not catch up to the spots where he needs to be and if he doesnt grab the offensive rebound we are 4 on 5 on D. Thats why.

Korver didn't even take a shot in the 4th quarter.   If he's in there for his defense i think that's misguided.  

Just now, macdaddy sagte:

Korver didn't even take a shot in the 4th quarter.   If he's in there for his defense i think that's misguided.  

Well, two of those TO's where plays to set him up for a shot. Surely I would rather have a good 4th than 1st quarter by him. All Im saying is he played good the rest of the game.

Just now, DS17Fanboy said:

Well, two of those TO's where plays to set him up for a shot. Surely I would rather have a good 4th than 1st quarter by him. All Im saying is he played good the rest of the game.

Goes back to me saying that this team thinks way too hard when they try to involve Kyle and they play better when they don't involve him outside of transition plays so they basically end up playing 4 on 5 offense.

It was the same last season too. When the team tried to involve Kyle they'd slow to a halt on offense but when they didn't and played on the break they were at their best. It's the reason why the bench had a better +/-, it's because without Kyle involved it was very simple offense to them.

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Agreed. If Korver is in then utilize him on offense. At least have him run around some screens for the possibility of an outside threat.

Also, has anyone noticed that when Kyle cuts to the hoop for a layup( I've seen this 2 or 3 times this season) he usually scores. I understand this can't be our go to move but it could come handy on an out of bounds play in some possible late game situations.

@lurker

I'm with you, especially when also Baze and Howard are included in the offense, which whas my point early in the season, while the bench whas playing familiar "budball" and people where already whispering for Delaney to become the starting PG, but I do believe korver can be a good back-up in the right line-ups. He has recently shown improvement to me.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

vor 3 Minuten, Spud2Nique sagte:

Agreed. If Korver is in then utilize him on offense. At least have him run around some screens for the possibility of an outside threat.

Also, has anyone noticed that when Kyle cuts to the hoop for a layup( I've seen this 2 or 3 times this season) he usually scores. I understand this can't be our go to move but it could come handy on an out of bounds play in some possible late game situations.

Again, he whas "utilized". He just blew it and the team went for other options. Only normal.

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I must submit that I have not noticed Humphries running like a girl, but the Wilma Moose plays like one, and I am not talking about WNBA level play here.

• Premium Member

If Baze is running the point it just means we need another PG. Those should be minutes that Delaney is playing. 

Budcox use their mind together to sign players. They wanted Hump so we might as well use him. If we were winning and he just got buried in the rotation I would understand. We aren't winning much though so I don't get it. Same goes for the guys we drafted. We were getting out rebounded last night like we were playing Cleveland in the playoffs. A lot had to do with Dwight being out--but come on, try something different. 

• Like 2