• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nuggets

lethalweapon3

As long as Bazemore is getting significant playing time the Hawks are going to be a handicapped team, having to work their way back out of the messes he causes when he is in the game. I am just surprised Bud is not intelligent enough to realize this, or is he going to be forced to play the 70 million dollar cheerleader out of money obligation.

Dennis Schröder's last 13 games: 22.2 points and 7.4 assists per game 52.6% FG 40.4% 3-PT 89.6% FT

What I like with Dennis' freethrow % is the number of times he's getting to the line.

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dennis Schröder's last 13 games: 22.2 points and 7.4 assists per game 52.6% FG 40.4% 3-PT 89.6% FT

What I like with Dennis' freethrow % is the number of times he's getting to the line.

In those thirteen games those are definitely All Star numbers. Impressive stuff from our youngster at point. A Hawks lifer I'm hoping.

• Like 3

"Muscala has been a rock all season long. He made adjustments to his shooting stroke over the summer and those have paid big dividends so far this season. Muscala is averaging a career-best 8.5 points per game and is shooting 54 percent from the field. His 46 percent mark from three-point range is the best on the team currently. While many were looking for some regression, Muscala has gotten better each month. He shot 52 percent in November and that is up to 54 percent so far this month. He is shooting 56 percent from three-point range through 11 games in December."

That was from an automated article. What do we say so often? Boxscores don't tell the whole story. The comment Moose is improving each month is based on stats but the actual games show Moose is extremely up and down and overall recently not nearly as effective as the first few games. I'll give him credit for the last couple but this steady improvement month by month stuff is off. 

• Like 1

On December 24, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Diesel said:

It was a good shorthanded, ugly, comeback win.  One thing.. We need to work on stopping teams in transition.  I would say that most of Denver's scoring was in transition.  If not most... a lot of it.   I think we have a main problem with just stopping the ball.   The other half of their scoring was PNP/PNR.  Maybe it's just their personnel but we could not figure out the PNP/PNR for nothing.

Serious post, after the Hawks got off to a great start defensively for 11 games, teams adjusted to how they want to play the PNR and Bud hasn't had a complete answer to this yet (and honestly likely won't unless he swallows his pride). In their PNR attack, opposing teams have shifted from attacking the middle to attacking from the side to force help and force the problem the Hawks have had defensively with Kent/Kyle to return.

There is no good answer to this that Bud will agree to so its in all likelihood not going to get fixed. Its why I'll say it again, Kent/Kyle need a modern PNR defender and not a rim protector.

The offensive issues have begun to be fixed (bad games happen, the Wolves game was a bad one) but there's no good answer on the defensive end of what to do. The composition of the offense is average and its recovered to it. The defense has gone to **** and its unfixable with the composition of the team.

Basically what's going on is with the starting lineup that Bud WANTED, you had three guys playing an entirely different system than what Kent/Kyle NEED to thrive on both offense AND defense. Kent/Kyle NEED the old defensive scheme with Horford or they're exposed.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Serious post, after the Hawks got off to a great start defensively for 11 games, teams adjusted to how they want to play the PNR and Bud hasn't had a complete answer to this yet (and honestly likely won't unless he swallows his pride). In their PNR attack, opposing teams have shifted from attacking the middle to attacking from the side to force help and force the problem the Hawks have had defensively with Kent/Kyle to return.

There is no good answer to this that Bud will agree to so its in all likelihood not going to get fixed. Its why I'll say it again, Kent/Kyle need a modern PNR defender and not a rim protector.

The offensive issues have begun to be fixed (bad games happen, the Wolves game was a bad one) but there's no good answer on the defensive end of what to do. The composition of the offense is average and its recovered to it. The defense has gone to **** and its unfixable with the composition of the team.

Basically what's going on is with the starting lineup that Bud WANTED, you had three guys playing an entirely different system than what Kent/Kyle NEED to thrive on both offense AND defense. Kent/Kyle NEED the old defensive scheme with Horford or they're exposed.

Somehow, Bud needs a defense that will funnel the other teams to the middle when D8 is in there and one that can stop up the passing lanes when he is not.   I dont know if we have the personnel, however, I believe this is more coaching than anything.

I was watching 30/30 earlier this morning and they were talking about the 85 Bears.  I know it was football, however, i found it interesting that they were 2 teams.  One that answered to Ditka and one that answered to Buddy Ryan.  Defensively, we need a Buddy Ryan Assistant.  Somebody who's main thing is coaching defense.  Tex Winter of Defense if you will.  Monty Williams?  Woody no Goody??

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

The problem is that they need a new wing. You don't build your strategy around Korver and Bazemore.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Can I just put this out here? Dennis is the best PG we've had since Mookie was traded to Golden State. His contract extension is already a steal. This kid is flat out killing it.

Uhm... There is no way that little goldie is better than Enis the Squirrel Whatley or Matt Maloney.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Can I just put this out here? Dennis is the best PG we've had since Mookie was traded to Golden State. His contract extension is already a steal. This kid is flat out killing it.

After the first ten games or so a lot of questions about that contract but now its looking incredibly favorable for us. Like you said what a steal! A good number of role players are making between ten and twenty million this year. Dennis is definitely not a role player. Good for us.

• Like 2