• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So now even though the refs didn't care to review the altercation at first by rule Melo sits one game. Right? Or did Thabo intentionally foul Melo's fist? 

Oh Thomas, you trusting soul you.  The league has the option to upgrade or (more importantly) downgrade the flagrant-2 to a flagrant-1, thus no suspension.  Care to hazard a guess as to which way that foul gets adjusted?

Here's what folks have been waiting for.  The DIC (drunk-in-chat) award goes to IIRC a 2-time winner .... drumroll please .... @Mojojojo

That said, he may have an unfair advantage.  Footage has just emerged of Mojo's early days as the lead singer in this boy band ...

Party Hard

Smoov moovs, Moj

• Moderators

hqdefault.jpg

History's greatest Captains, ranked, updated...

(1) Sully

(2) Morgan

(3) Caveman

(4) Kirk

(5) Crunch

(6) Jack Sparrow

(7) Hook

(8) Picard

(9) Marvel (Shazam!)

(10) America

(11) Piano dude with the hat that played for Toni Tennille

(12) von Trapp

(13) Cook

(14) EO

(15) Rex

(16) Spaulding (Animal Crackers version)

(17) BAZEMORE

(18) Spaulding (Rob Zombie version)

(19) Ron

(20) D's (D's What? D's Fish!)

(21) Phillips

(22) Video

(23) Vyom

(24) Planet

(25) Underpants

(26) Ahab

(27) Teague (Edward, not Jeffrey Demarco)

(28) Queeg

(29) Getting Hit By a Car (all rights reserved)

(30) Kangaroo

(5 billion) Avranas

(5 trillion) Schettino

~lw3

• Like 4

Both Dwight and Al (through his dad) spoke on one of the bigger phenomenons among the NBA player fraternity: this homecrowd disadvantage against marquee teams just murders the cache of this franchise.  We've lamented it for years.  I don't know the reason(s) why it happens or if a single player can come in and fix it.  All I know is it's quite embarrassing.

The way "they"used to go crazy for Kobe in Phillips it's a wonder he didn't try to pump the crowd up.  What a great look that would've been.

We can already look forward to impact players like Sessions, Favors, and Randle not giving the Hawks the time of day when FA rolls around (and Sap's money is free) mainly because of it. The best young get available in Hayward ain't thinking about Atlanta and all the older vets will be chasing rings.  So more bargain basement signings like Tim Frazier, David Lee, Delaney, and Jerami Grant or overpays like Gallianari, Ariza, and Gay. Yay.  

How is Anthony Bennett and our boy John Jenkins still in the league?  I thought they passed.

Glad for the tough, sloppy win, though.  Seems like 20 for Dennis and 15 boards for Dwight is the benchmark for winning.  I don't fault them for having a rough time with Melo gone.  He isn't of much consequence if you fill in the gaps with hustle players 2-4.

Edited by benhillboy

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

hqdefault.jpg

History's greatest Captains, ranked, updated...

(1) Sully

(2) Morgan

(3) Caveman

(4) Kirk

(5) Crunch

(6) Jack Sparrow

(7) Hook

(8) Picard

(9) Marvel (Shazam!)

(10) America

(11) Piano dude with the hat that played for Toni Tennille

(12) von Trapp

(13) Cook

(14) EO

(15) Rex

(16) Spaulding (Animal Crackers version)

(17) BAZEMORE

(18) Spaulding (Rob Zombie version)

(19) Ron

(20) D's (D's What? D's Fish!)

(21) Phillips

(22) Video

(23) Vyom

(24) Planet

(25) Underpants

(26) Ahab

(27) Teague (Edward, not Jeffrey Demarco)

(28) Queeg

(29) Getting Hit By a Car (all rights reserved)

(30) Kangaroo

(5 billion) Avranas

(5 trillion) Schettino

~lw3

Egregious error: Quint

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Both Dwight and Al (through his dad) spoke on one of the bigger phenomenons among the NBA player fraternity: this homecrowd disadvantage against marquee teams just murders the cache of this franchise.  We've lamented it for years.  I don't know the reason(s) why it happens or if a single player can come in and fix it.  All I know is it's quite embarrassing.

The way "they"used to go crazy for Kobe in Phillips it's a wonder he didn't try to pump the crowd up.  What a great look that would've been.

We can already look forward to impact players like Sessions, Favors, and Randle not giving the Hawks the time of day when FA rolls around (and Sap's money is free) mainly because of it. The best young get available in Hayward ain't thinking about Atlanta and all the older vets will be chasing rings.  So more bargain basement signings like Tim Frazier, David Lee, Delaney, and Jerami Grant or overpays like Gallianari, Ariza, and Gay. Yay.  

How is Anthony Bennett and our boy John Jenkins still in the league?  I thought they passed.

Glad for the tough, sloppy win, though.  Seems like 20 for Dennis and 15 boards for Dwight is the benchmark for winning.  I don't fault them for having a rough time with Melo gone.  He isn't of much consequence if you fill in the gaps with hustle players 2-4.

Atlanta is a transient/international city with a penchant for stars, simple as that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Atlanta is a transient/international city with a penchant for stars, simple as that...

Once upon a time in the Omni I saw the Hawks play and then a couple of days later saw Zeppelin in the same building. People expect all kinds of entertainment constantly. Yeah its a flashback but your right Atlanta is that kind of city in that tons of folks don't stay over four or five years when moving in or often are still pulling for those teams from their old turf. We have the right management now pretty sure but still gotta win big.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My growing list of thangs I never want to see ...

- @Spud2Nique and his alleged bodybuilder pics to prove he's not a fatty.

- The Musc/Korver/DelaneySucks lineup

- Kint at "point guard".  That was awful, especially considering Bembry's probably better than him right now even having no experience.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Onc

Once upon a time in the Omni I saw the Hawks play and then a couple of days later saw Zeppelin in the same building. Yeah its a flashback but your right Atlanta is that kind of city in that tons of folks don't stay over four or five years when moving in or often are still pulling for those teams from their old turf. We have the right management now pretty sure but still gotta win big.

If we had a competent franchise, we would have a solid fanbase.  It's that simple.  What in the hayl has the Hawks accomplished in this city that should garner and keep our attention?

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My growing list of thangs I never want to see ...

- @Spud2Nique and his alleged bodybuilder pics to prove he's not a fatty.

- The Musc/Korver/DelaneySucks lineup

- Kint at "point guard".  That was awful, especially considering Bembry's probably better than him right now even having no experience.

If we had a competent franchise, we would have a solid fanbase.  It's that simple.  What in the hayl has the Hawks accomplished in this city that should garner and keep our attention?

I personally would ask that to fans whose teams haven't sniffed the playoffs in years. We've been there for a decade. A lot of fan bases would drool over that possibility though hunger for more. If the definition is we absolutely lose if we don't win it all as some on here feel then we'll never be able to agree.  

@Sothron

I carmelol'd. What positions Dwight whas having for playing Shaq u seen? If it whas that many it surely musnt be a problem to me show me some...anyway, they know they need to get the wings going otherwhise season is over. If just to trade them at an opportune time.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

With that thought maybe Moose can acquire some WWII googles and become the Hawks version of Krazy George. A true nut bag is instrumental in igniting a crowd when they are searching for a reason. Spend the money for some real googles and then let Kris and Scott cover the backup big minutes on the floor.   

"I don't think it was anything Sefolosha was doing as far as being overly physical or anything like that. It was just a battle; we were both trying to go for it. Got tangled up," Anthony told reporters Thursday. "He did his European and flopped a little bit."

IMG_7629.GIF

Edited by Spud2Nique