• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

An ugly win is a win.

We struggled on defense in the last quarter but Howard and Millsap came up with big clutch buckets at the paint. 

Big game of Millsap and Korver. Despite the 4th quarter, overall I see more energy and improvement on defense. Also there were some flashes of great ball movement. Our bench played decently at least.

Knicks, Bulls and Bucks lost their games, we are 5th in the East if Im not mistaken.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 3

Another ugly game but another win. They still have a lot to clean up

Great to see Kyle knock down some shots. Sap was also huge for us

The turnovers are ridiculous. So many WTF passes from these guys. We need to get another guy that can handle the ball . Maybe that will help

Absolutely baffling that this team cant make a simple entry pass. Seems like such an easy play. I see other teams do it with absolutely no issues but this team for whatever reason just cant do it

• Like 4

Grumble, growl.  Grumble, growl.

Hawks win (again) and now, with 2 in a row, we're so unhappy we

don't know what to say.

If win three, we may really go off and if Hawks ever again win four,

this place might just blow up!

:angry:

• Like 4

Good grind it out win. Some M.I.A players finally showing up. We still need to trade for a 3-and-D wing starter. I've been against it before, but Rudy Gay does make sense. Injury isn't serious, has size and can score and has Tenacious D potential that Bud University can revive and on a decent contract. Shredder/'Folosha/Gay/Sap/D8 could make it past the 2nd round. Jack or Mills would be great gets as backup PG. Splitter needs to get well soon, can still be extremely valuable. If not, need to purge his Claxton a$$.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Good grind it out win. Some M.I.A players finally showing up. We still need to trade for a 3-and-D wing starter. I've been against it before, but Rudy Gay does make sense. Injury isn't serious, has size and can score and has Tenacious D potential that Bud University can revive and on a decent contract. Shredder/'Folosha/Gay/Sap/D8 could make it past the 2nd round. Jack or Mills would be great gets as backup PG. Splitter needs to get well soon, can still be extremely valuable. If not, need to purge his Claxton a$$.

Bud said Splitter hip is fine now its just his hamstring bothering him. We're at 5.5 weeks since the 6 week time table. So thats good news

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Bud said Splitter hip is fine now its just his hamstring bothering him. We're at 5.5 weeks since the 6 week time table. So thats good news

I'm trying to remain optimistic as I've seen this movie a few times...hope he plays though because we can use a big like him coming off the bench...rebounds...setting screens..he could bring a lot to the table IF healthy. 

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm trying to remain optimistic as I've seen this movie a few times...hope he plays though because we can use a big like him coming off the bench...rebounds...setting screens..he could bring a lot to the table IF healthy. 

Yeah, the old saying hope for the best but expect the worst seems to fit. Truly hope he can get on the floor and stay available for us. Time is way overdue we get some good measure out of his roster spot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's interesting.  The NBA has changed so that we see the day when a guy like Jon Leuer could be a star and can dominate.  It used to be that you had to be a great one on one player to be a dominant player.   However, Leuer dominated the game from Detroit side of the ball by being a slasher, a finisher, and a three point shooter.   He's no Millsap but  I think he has a bright future if he keeps it up. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

If we had Horf instead of Dwight, we would have been outrebounded 53 to 38 and Horf would have had 2 rebounds on the night and Drummond would have had 22. 

Yup! Also, I thought it would be fun to see the totals for both guys...

Total rebounds

Dwight- 388

Alice- 157

per game rebound avg.

Dwight- 13.4 (29 games played)

Alice- 6.5 (24 games played)

Crazy that they are both CENTERS. Lol. Alice rebounds like a SG/SF.

NO RETURNS

NO EXCHANGES

ALL SALES FINAL

ENJOY BAAAAASSSTTTAANN! (In my best Matt Damon voice)...

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's interesting.  The NBA has changed so that we see the day when a guy like Jon Leuer could be a star and can dominate.  It used to be that you had to be a great one on one player to be a dominant player.   However, Leuer dominated the game from Detroit side of the ball by being a slasher, a finisher, and a three point shooter.   He's no Millsap but  I think he has a bright future if he keeps it up. 

He's not a star but you bring up a good point. Smart players are as valuable as they have ever been. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Dwight- 13.4 (29 games played)

Alice- 6.5 (24 games played)

If that continues and we figure anything out on the perimeter which has looked up somewhat here, facing a college system might not be enough to knock us the heck out of post season. Good chance we'll find out in 2017.