• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

vor 39 Minuten, Sothron sagte:

Did you get games in Germany when he was in Orlando? Saying he's not a first or second scoring option is kinda hilarious. When a post player gets great position you get him the ball. He's either going to get a high percentage shot off or he's going to get fouled. In today's NBA and since it is Howard he's almost certainly going to get fouled. Getting him in the ball isn't just to "appease his ego" or force feed him. It is to get the other team in foul trouble and get our team in the bonus. It literally is a win/win for our chances to win games.

Different league, different Howard and lots of shooters/passers around him in Orlando back then. Nelson, Lewis, Reddick, Turkoglu all spread the floor and could create for others. But in turn, we are a way better defensive team and Howard is a key part in that being so. With ups and downs, but we stabilized imo, as long as we dont get crazy ideas like indeed getting the idea in Howard's head that he should be a key focus on offense. That is not to say that things can not improve in PnR's and still should be worked on, but only with care. We gave away games trying to much of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

Look, you guys can talk all day about how Dwight looks "ugly" on offense and has no moves, etc. but if a guy is shooting 63% from the field and consistently getting low post positioning how do you not get him the ball?  

It's not rocket science....

That's right.  This year it's ... Hawk science.  Boom. :cool:

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Look, you guys can talk all day about how Dwight looks "ugly" on offense and has no moves, etc. but if a guy is shooting 63% from the field and consistently getting low post positioning how do you not get him the ball?  

Trust me, I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here. Dude is shooting 63% from the field, ungodly high just like last season and they won't want him taking more shots. Kinda funny.

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Maybe it's just "weird science."

now I'll have that 80's song in my head...

• Like 2

Just now, kg01 said:

That's right.  This year it's ... Hawk science.  Boom. :cool:

Ok man (pulling kg to the side)...we need to have a lil talk man. Now what's up with you today? You're not bringing your A game to the table...your first couple of posts were very confusing. 

1. We will regret keeping or not keeping Sap ...

2. Then you tried to burn me but ended up making a pass at me.

3. And now this....

Let's regroup and attack!

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Trust me, I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here. Dude is shooting 63% from the field, ungodly high just like last season and they won't want him taking more shots. Kinda funny.

now I'll have that 80's song in my head...

I blame you for addressing them as if it's a legit discussion.  Are you not getting the hashtags? #AgendaSquawk

vor 9 Minuten, AUhawksfan sagte:

Typical dumb talk. Go in to my Millsap post on the last page or dont talk at all. You know who also has +-60 FG% in this league? Rudy Gobert(higher even), Steven Adams, Gortat, Plumlee etc. It doesnt mean they all should be prime focusses on offensive. This should not even be an argument. And much less after all the effort guys like me put in to tell people like you why. So next time dont give me "rocket science" but go in to what people say against your notion or dont talk at all. This issue needs to be burried. 63 FG% is jack shit. Stemming from easy touches, exactly because people dont forcefeed him and dont make a ton of turnovers in the process. And stop acting outraged all together. This is just dumb dumb dumb.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok man (pulling kg to the side)...we need to have a lil talk man. Now what's up with you today? You're not bringing your A game to the table...your first couple of posts were very confusing. 

1. We will regret keeping or not keeping Sap ...

2. Then you tried to burn me but ended up making a pass at me.

3. And now this....

Let's regroup and attack!

Clarity

• Moderators

I'm am totally on the side of getting Dwight the ball more in the post.   So I hate to add points to the other side of this argument but Dwight is shooting 63% because most of his shots are offensive rebounds and dunks.   His % on post ups probably isn't very good but still I think he could be abusing a lot of defenders if we'd get him the ball more.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Not that this helps arguing with a wall of sheetrock but even if Dwight doesn't touch it more than now he still is a big presence in the paint and causes all kinds of problems for the bad guys. In particular us getting second chance shots and the other team not. The Cavs have made a living extending possessions and winning because of that.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Typical dumb talk. Go in to my Millsap post on the last page or dont talk at all. You know who also has +-60 FG% in this league? Rudy Gobert(higher even), Steven Adams, Gortat, Plumlee etc. It doesnt mean they all should be prime focusses on offensive. This should not even be an argument. And much less after all the effort guys like me put in to tell people like you why. So next time dont give me "rocket science" but go in to what people say against your notion or dont talk at all. This issue needs to be burried. 63 FG% is jack shit.

None of those guys took a team to the Finals and had multiple 20+ ppg seasons under their belt.  You guys act like Howard is some guy that is lucky to be in the NBA.

I just have to add...did this guy's account get hacked? The DS17 I remember was a rather polite guy from Germany, not the rude person we seem to be getting lately.

• Like 2

vor 11 Minuten, Sothron sagte:

None of those guys took a team to the Finals and had multiple 20+ ppg seasons under their belt.  You guys act like Howard is some guy that is lucky to be in the NBA.

I just have to add...did this guy's account get hacked? The DS17 I remember was a rather polite guy from Germany, not the rude person we seem to be getting lately.

What are you even talking about? Stop pretending I dont like Howard. I dont need you parading around imagining people hate Howard. And Im getting rude because I need to say it over and over to ... like you. That is rude in my book. To not go in to what people tried saying with some effort, typing shit down etc. But still go repeating BS like me not liking Howard. Im enjoying him regardless of what ... like you are trying to tell me Im doing.

And I got "rude " the other day because a certain lady attacked me for no reason, I then explain nicely again because she might misunderstood, but then goes attacking again, after which I loose my cool in return and I can bang with the best of them. Im sorta German/Dutch Ghetto u know and dont take shit from no one, which is bad but learned behavior. 361/65 Nimma represenet.

Anyway I should stop getting upset over other sportsfan's opinions and methods. Majority are what they are. Plebs thinking like plebs.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

C'mon @DS17Fanboy it's not that serious.  Did I get all upset when you threw the Dennis-to-PHI rumor out there?  Well, I did but that's not the point.  The point is, I got over it and I took you off my (s)hit-list.

Long story short, just make your point(s) and ignore what you perceive to be personal attacks (I don't think they are, btw).

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

What are you even talking about? Stop pretending I dont like Howard. I dont need you parading around imagining people hate Howard. And Im getting rude because I need to say it over and over to ... like you. That is rude in my book. To not go in to what people tried saying with some effort, typing shit down etc. But still go repeating BS like me not liking Howard. Im enjoying him regardless of what ... like you are trying to tell me Im doing.

And I got "rude " the other day because a certain lady attacked me for no reason, I then explain nicely again because she might misunderstood, but then goes attacking again, after which I loose my cool in return and I can bang with the best of them. Im sorta German/Dutch Ghetto u know and dont take shit from no one, which is bad but learned behavior. 361/65 Nimma represenet.

Anyway I should stop getting upset over other sportsfan's opinions and methods. Majority are what they are. Plebs thinking like plebs.

You do realize that people can disagree with each other on something and still remain friends or at least polite with each? We disagree completely on Howard and that's fine. There's no need to take it personally.

• Like 1

So yeah, I felt I had to look it up. And now I finally know where I come from.

pleb
[pleb]

NOUN

1. derogatory
    an ordinary person, especially one from the lower social classes.