• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

That's true but with the eye test alone I'm pleading for Bud to realize that Hardaway, Prince, Dunleavy are better options right now. We can't have that headless chicken running our players anymore. If we are a motion offense then get the system some WD40 and let's go!

I think Baze was 5-14 going into the 4th quarter.  For some reason he lets Baze try to work himself out of bad shooting but not Tim.   Tim had a horrible shooting game but at least had 4 assists.  We quit moving the ball, tried to go to hero ball, no one could knock down a big jumper to save their life.   

Baze finished strong but it was too late.   Plus Thabo/Baze combined for 4 assists (Sap had 7), 6 rebounds (Dennis had 6 by himself).   They aren't impacting the game.   At least not until we're already down 20.  

• Like 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

I think Baze was 5-14 going into the 4th quarter.  For some reason he lets Baze try to work himself out of bad shooting but not Tim.   Tim had a horrible shooting game but at least had 4 assists.  We quit moving the ball, tried to go to hero ball, no one could knock down a big jumper to save their life.   

Baze finished strong but it was too late.   Plus Thabo/Baze combined for 4 assists (Sap had 7), 6 rebounds (Dennis had 6 by himself).   They aren't impacting the game.   At least not until we're already down 20.  

I'm just hoping at this point that Bud is showcasing the shit outta Baze cuz this is not what I want in March and April and beyond. If this is what Bud is doing, then by all means, land us a Wes Mathews for Baze if you can.

By the way the chat was shitty last night as people kept saying the game was over in the 2nd quarter...not a surprise at all but serious haters tend to occupy the chat when we are losing. It's crazy and sad all at once.

5 hours ago, django2341 said:

TBH some of you guys need to cool down. Its like every loss pulls a trigger in your head you were just waiting for. It was the 3rd game in 4 nights. Defense wasnt on point, yeah. But they made shots, we didnt for like 3 quaters. Thats it. You cant say nothing against the effort. I felt like the Hawks were trying hard. Dennis played a big 3rd effortwise. He was goin for the boards, lose balls and pushed the action at the offensive end. So where most others. Bench lost this one in the first half.

More like they tried hard for the second half. If you want to be mad about Schröder's 2nd quarter, than yeah, sure, be mad but other than that quarter he stayed more composed than Portland's guards have been able to against the pressure defense the Clippers have been known to play against guards (and I watched that entire series). And yes, their best guard at doing this was out, but while Bazemore's performance against Rivers was absolutely shameful on defense, Rivers is good at their pressure defense on guards. He's not lockdown but he can slow guards down.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm just hoping at this point that Bud is showcasing the shit outta Baze cuz this is not what I want in March and April and beyond. If this is what Bud is doing, then by all means, land us a Wes Mathews for Baze if you can.

But the problem is Skip is the hood ornament on Budz' development train.  Will he trade keep him just so he can say, "Aha, we took a dleaguer and made him into a starter!"  Or will he say, "wait a minute, we took a dleaguer, made him into a starter then flipped him for a better fitting player"?

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

By the way the chat was shitty last night as people kept saying the game was over in the 2nd quarter...not a surprise at all but serious haters tend to occupy the chat when we are losing. It's crazy and sad all at once.

Yeah but we learn so much about other squawkers on blow-out nights.  We learned @MaceCase's housekeeper has the night off on Mondays.  We learned @AHF is a real-life lawyer and we learned another unnamed squawker may need to retain AH's services.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

At what point to you claim he's had an injury all along and showcase him from the bench?   Just kidding Baze.   I'm hoping he crushes the second half of the season.   He's a great guy but something is not working.   

To come full circle though, i realize that great scoring wings are hard to come by but we're winning now despite the fact that our wings are shooting horribly.   Just adding real shooters, even if off the bench would do wonders for our offense.   Adding a 6th man like Lou Williams would be even bigger.   There are small moves that we can make to make a difference.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The first half was absolutely shameful. Complete gutless performance.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But the problem is Skip is the hood ornament on Budz' development train.  Will he trade keep him just so he can say, "Aha, we took a dleaguer and made him into a starter!"  Or will he say, "wait a minute, we took a dleaguer, made him into a starter then flipped him for a better fitting player"?

Yeah but we learn so much about other squawkers on blow-out nights.  We learned @MaceCase's housekeeper has the night off on Mondays.  We learned @AHF is a real-life lawyer and we learned another unnamed squawker may need to retain AH's services.

Lmao. @MaceCase is seriously pushing it with this snooty privileged high life with maids, stockings, martinis and William Holden BS. Lol. Someone needs to throw a hair in his quiche and soon. Yes @AHFis our Merry Pason. Lol. Not sure which squawker you are referring to but he could prolly represent a few...

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lmao. @MaceCase is seriously pushing it with this snooty privileged high life with maids, stockings, martinis and William Holden BS. Lol. Someone needs to throw a hair in his quiche and soon. Yes @AHFis our Merry Pason. Lol. Not sure which squawker you are referring to but he could prolly represent a few...

So you're saying I need a new alibi?  Geez, Spud2

And yes MC needs a comeuppance.  He definitely sips his tea with a pinky out.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So you're saying I need a new alibi?  Geez, Spud2

And yes MC needs a comeuppance.  He definitely sips his tea with a pinky out.

Not if ur bringing Doritos! Lol

IMG_8155.GIF

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It's really not just one game though because we have a huge flaw in this team.   Scoring.   Sure you can say we gave up 30 1st quarter points and the Clippers rained 3s and that looks like a defensive let down but the truth is that those things don't happen if we can actually make bucket more than 10% of the time.   

Baze, Thabo, Tim, Dunleavey, Dulaney - these guys will not get it done against better competition.   And sure we got torched by Jamal.  You know how you don't get torched by Jamal?   You expose him on defense so they have to take him out of the game!!!!!   The guy can't guard a middle schooler yet we barely went at him.   

But we are lacking in offensive talent.   We are winning because of defense, scheme, effort, Sap/Howard/Dennis.   But in the playoffs talent usually wins out.   

And if Jimmy Butler gets moved this year he better be coming here.  

I can score . . .

Image result for carmelo anthony

“We just didn’t come out with a sense of urgency,”Paul Millsap added. “We were a little too comfortable and let them get comfortable. When a team is without their starts, they’re going to move the ball and try to play the right way. They did that. I think we maybe took a little bit for granted.”

This is really annoying....we hear this over and over.  Basketball is your job, be prepared.

You aren't good enough to be taking ANYBODY for granted. Good grief.

vor 3 Stunden, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

He doubled his scoring average .He was 6-13 for 14 point despite the fact that he hasn't been relevant in probably  half a decade.

So Dennis again outplayed his direct opponent, like almost each and every game, even RayRay!, who I know well from his Dallas years where he revived his career as a solid backup, which he continues to be for the Clippers this year with solid stats. But yeah, the team D sucked. I have no idea why they collapsed so much while there where very little inside treaths aside from Rivers/Reddick driving.

Man, to me it seems you're only about Michael Jordan's and Olajuwon's. I guess Dereck Harper and Robert Horry also sucked.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Moderators

I didn't see this one but checked out the box score afterwards.  Saw 21 FGA for Bazemore then shook my head at the fact that the loss was pretty much guaranteed with that number.

We have played 5 games this season where Baze has shot the ball 15 times or more.  We are 0-5 in those games.  Not a coincidence.

(Conversely, we are 5-1 when he shoots the ball 4 or fewer times* and 8-2 when he shoots the ball 6 or fewer times.)

* - Includes games he missed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

I didn't see this one but checked out the box score afterwards.  Saw 21 FGA for Bazemore then shook my head at the fact that the loss was pretty much guaranteed with that number.

We have played 5 games this season where Baze has shot the ball 15 times or more.  We are 0-5 in those games.  Not a coincidence.

(Conversely, we are 5-1 when he shoots the ball 4 or fewer times* and 8-2 when he shoots the ball 6 or fewer times.)

So you are saying 'Less Baze?' Or something else :stirthepot:

2 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

This year has been weird. I assume most start at the beginning of the season. At this point, look into future picks like 2018. Nobody is going to give up a good 2017 pick. 2018 Draft is good. The vets can get an early summer vacation and management get a head start on 2017-18 season plans.

I didn't mean when in the season a team shoult Start to tank. I meant it's insane if a team placed 4th starts to tank. So only 6 teams even trying to compete?

Edited by rd79

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, AHF said:

No team is going anywhere if they can't shoot.   It's not like we have shooters who've lost the ability to shoot.   We don't have guys that can shoot.   We have PG and frontcourt in pretty damn good shape.   We've addressed the hard part.   We need shooters!   The first damn skill every basketball player learns.  We're 26th in 3 point %.   The company we are keeping down there is not the cream of the crop of the nba.   

• Like 1