• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

Well, we do indeed have a starting four. To avoid being redundant I won't callout the missing in any common sense fifth starter (the anti clutch one). As Spud stated its nice to see Prince allowed to actually play and show that hustle. And of course its never a good idea to match up a weakling against Dwight.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Where's @kg01...yup..I told you Lillard is holding CJ back.

Meh.  They're both overrated.  Lillar's not holding Chuk back.  Chuk played with their subs mainly which is the lineup that killt us.  That lineup killt us due to reboarding and timely 3's by guys other than Chuk.

Lillar ignited Dennis with his superb, attentive, hustling defense(sic).

• Admin
WTF moment of the game was Baze under the hoop with 6 (SIX!!!) seconds to shoot and doing that... I don't know the name of that play What was that? It certainly looked like a frog trying to shoot. My goodness.

baze_frog.jpg.f702ec1a8899722df06ca25cbc19ae57.jpg

Baze is not NBA material. And those missed FTs in crunch time... Props to Howard, by the way!

His whole game tonight was wtf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Lillar's not holding Chuk back. 

Yeah he is.  The first thing that came to my mind when I watched Curry was get Monta the f&@k outta there.  I'm pretty sure there's 100 points between the teams' margin in favor of McCollum when either is on the floor without the other. Put a well-rounded big guard next to McCollum and he's gonna blow.  Rodney Hood, Jrue Holiday types.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah he is.  The first thing that came to my mind when I watched Curry was get Monta the f&@k outta there.  I'm pretty sure there's 100 points between the teams' margin in favor of McCollum when either is on the floor without the other. Put a well-rounded big guard next to McCollum and he's gonna blow.  Rodney Hood, Jrue Holiday types.

Benhil, I know you were up later than your normal bedtime but that's no excuse for agreeing with @Spud2Nique's awful opinions.

Lillar is basically Monta with a good reputation.  Chuk McCollum is Jamal Crawford with a longer leash.  If Crawford has his leash, he'd average 40.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dwight with 19/16 and 4 blocks. He should be the AS replacement for Love.

I'm figuring it'll be Hassan instead. They'll wanna reward MIA for their recent run and, between the two, Dwight won't mope for weeks about not getting picked.

~lw3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Benhil, I know you were up later than your normal bedtime but that's no excuse for agreeing with @Spud2Nique's awful opinions.

Lillar is basically Monta with a good reputation.  Chuk McCollum is Jamal Crawford with a longer leash.  If Crawford has his leash, he'd average 40.

I hope you realize you're most likely on an island all by your lonesome with your McCollum take on this forum, this is not new from ben, he was liking McCollum's intelligence and savviness on the offensive end in the playoffs last year and said he was better than Lillard. This take is absolutely awful btw, when has Crawford ever averaged close to 50% shooting on 18 shots?

Edited by Lurker

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I hope you realize you're most likely on an island all by your lonesome with your McCollum take on this forum, this is not new from ben, he was liking McCollum's intelligence and savviness on the offensive end in the playoffs last year and said he was better than Lillard. This take is absolutely awful btw, when has Crawford ever averaged close to 50% shooting on 18 shots?

It's ok, I'm used to being on the cutting edge.  Let's reconvene in, say, 2 years when the rest of y'all realize how overrated Chuk is.  Deal?

I don't really know that there is a comp for McCollum. He's closer to being 6'3" than 6'4", so him and Lillard together is a horrible fit on defense. McCollum has shown well enough as a passer that I'd really consider trading Lillard if I were Portland. Lillard is the guard that is more known but his game as an attempt at a poor man's Curry just isn't all that fun.

Just now, kg01 said:

It's ok, I'm used to being on the cutting edge.  Let's reconvene in, say, 2 years when the rest of y'all realize how overrated Chuk is.  Deal?

Again, please tell me when Crawford averaged more than 45% shooting on volume shots. Your case is closed on this bad comp for McCollum. Maybe it's a career year in shooting % but it really doesn't look it if you're paying closer attention to him. It's sustainable.

Just now, Lurker said:

Again, please tell me when Crawford averaged more than 45% shooting on volume shots. Your case is closed on this bad comp for McCollum. Maybe it's a career year in shooting % but it really doesn't look it if you're paying closer attention to him. It's sustainable.

I mean, if you don't like the Crawford comparison, pick any random 6MOY candidate.  That's Chuk's ceiling.

• Moderators

I dunno... if you want to get me to LIKE any player, call him a Jamal Crawford.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/jamal-crawford-of-the-atlanta-hawks-receives-the-nba-sixth-man-of-the-picture-id98733548?s=594x594

Put C.J. McCollum next to a defensively-capable backcourt mate like Chris Paul and he looks like... Jamal Crawford (without the killer dribbles). Put him next to Damian Lillard and he looks like, well, C.J. McCollum.

~lw3

I watched until halftime then I was out like a light.  Will watch the 2nd half tonight.

Winning in typical Hawks fashion in this yo-yo season: last 5 game- win, loss, win, loss, win - so it's safe to say we lose the next game.

Glad Prince got minutes and his impact was felt on defense.

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I watched until halftime then I was out like a light.  Will watch the 2nd half tonight.

Winning in typical Hawks fashion in this yo-yo season: last 5 game- win, loss, win, loss, win - so it's safe to say we lose the next game.

Glad Prince got minutes and his impact was felt on defense.

Kobe Bryant soft gif imgur tumblr no nope NBA Lakers Dwight Swaggy P practice scrimmage

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Meh.  They're both overrated.  Lillar's not holding Chuk back.  Chuk played with their subs mainly which is the lineup that killt us.  That lineup killt us due to reboarding and timely 3's by guys other than Chuk.

Lillar ignited Dennis with his superb, attentive, hustling defense(sic).

Both Lillard and CJ had horrible games but both are talented as hell in my opinion. Again, get them on different teams and both will reap crazy benefits. They are too small to play together. Again, DONT SEND THEM EAST..(unless we somehow get involved). 

@kg01 on the CJ front...stay outta my way...or you'll pay....listen to what I say!!! #CJ4MVP