• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

Well that certainly moves the needle. Hope it's Gaze instead of THJr shipping out though. Source?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Well that certainly moves the needle. Hope it's Gaze instead of THJr shipping out though. Source?

People I've been texting with back and forth.  They told me on Wednesday but I didn't believe them. Everyone in the NBA is pissed since Ainge is being an ass with his assets. 

• Like 2

There's another thread on here about Grant Hill being seen with PG at the All-Star Game, PG sitting beside Sap on the bench, and that D8 had spoken with PG  before signing. It's an "all signs point to" situation, I'll believe this one when I see it. Would be a great move though. Menace, THJr, PG13, Sap, and D8 is stout.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hazer said:

There's another thread on here about Grant Hill being seen with PG at the All-Star Game, PG sitting beside Sap on the bench, and that D8 had spoken with PG  before signing. It's an "all signs point to" situation, I'll believe this one when I see it. Would be a great move though. Menace, THJr, PG13, Sap, and D8 is stout.

Except the rumors jave Hardaway being in the trade.  

I won't get my hopes up but..............

I think  we would also have to take Monta to give Indy more cap. So it'll be something like:

PG and Monta for Baze, Splitter, Scott, Bembry plus picks - I would  assume 2017 1st, Minny 2018  1st at least.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I won't get my hopes up but..............

I think  we would also have to take Monta to give Indy more cap. So it'll be something like:

PG and Monta for Baze, Splitter, Scott, Bembry plus picks - I would  assume 2017 1st, Minny 2018  1st at least.

Think Hardaway needs to be added in  a deal.  Indy is getting taken to the cleaners in this.

11 minutes ago, DS5 said:

As much as I want this...so badly....why in the world would Indiana do it?

Trade PG in general or trade him  to us?

Reasons to trade him:

1. PG has declined to sign the Designated Player Exception for $200 million plus, Bird is probably concerned about that.

Asked about the estimated $219 million contract extension that Pacers president Larry Bird is poised to offer him in July, George told Marc Stein on ESPN Radio's Meet The All-Stars: "As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team. I always want to be part of a team that has a chance to win it [all]. That's important.

"Say what you want; I want to compete for something. It's frustrating just playing the game for stats or for numbers or to showcase yourself. Man, I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship

2.  If  Boston is not offering anything of value, they have to look elsewhere - Boston is probably offering Olynyk, Amir,  Rozier and Memphis 1st etc - not the BKN picks or  Brown.

3. Do we have the  best offer?  most likely not. but we don't know what other  teams are offering.

As much as I'd love Paul George in Hawk gear, there is no way in the hey, hey, HELL that Indiana is doing a deal like this without at least Millsap coming back to them. Pacer fans in Indiana would go nuclear if PG was traded for what is widely regarded as the Hawks B-list players. Larry Bird might as well have a press conference announcing his resignation right after the deal is official. And Danny Ainge would be getting roasted alive in Boston for not parting with the assets needed to make the Pacers take pause and deal him to the Celtics instead. 

A Hawks fan can dream, though. Paul George to go along with Howard, Millsap, and Schröder? Eff the 'Big 3'; that's a Fantastic Four lineup right there that can challenge for something other than a second-round sweep from the Lebrons...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I can't see this unless it's a total tank.  Bird would be trading his best player for reserve players, space, and draft picks worth nothing.

I certainly would love it.  

He's not resigning with Indiana and it's better to get value now than later.