• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

It is better for following a rumor than doing nothing else.  Besides we all know that this team wont get far in the playoffs and there is no way we know if Millsap is going to resign with team or not.  So it is better to swing for the fences than trying to get singles.  We got a lot of draft picks and decent players here, so let us at least try.

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

How many years in a row will you guys fall for these "rumors"? Soup is entertaining and gotta love him for that but seriously this is never going to happen. Atlanta doesn't trade FOR superstars.

I think we should up the stakes on these types of rumor posts.  If it doesn't happen, the poster should be bannt.

I say that realizing there are a myriad of reasons why a trade will/won't happen.  I also understand that the poster's "rumor" could indeed be legit whether it comes to fruition or not.  That's the risk the poster takes by tossing the rumor out there.

I have no insider info/connections -Supes apparently knows somebody who  knows somebody - who am I to fuss about it.  He hasn't said it will happen, just that there are/were a discussion.

Makes for an interesting trade deadline after that worse than horrible Allstar weekend.

Keep 'em coming  @NBASupes

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

How many years in a row will you guys fall for these "rumors"? Soup is entertaining and gotta love him for that but seriously this is never going to happen. Atlanta doesn't trade FOR superstars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot, Dolf isn't going to like it that you hacked his account. Just sayin.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I have no insider info/connections -Supes apparently knows somebody who  knows somebody - who am I to fuss about it.  He hasn't said it will happen, just that there are/were a discussion.

Makes for an interesting trade deadline after that worse than horrible Allstar weekend.

Keep 'em coming  @NBASupes

God knows how many hacks are employed to feed the masses unsubstantiated or nearly unsubstantiated rumor... Supes, at least, has to answer to someones for what he disseminates... so, I'll take what he reports any day b/c presumably he'd like to keep his relatively good reputation around these parts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

God knows how many hacks are employed to feed the masses unsubstantiated or nearly unsubstantiated rumor... Supes, at least, has to answer to someones for what he disseminates... so, I'll take what he reports any day b/c presumably he'd like to keep his relatively good reputation around these parts.

Wait, Supers has a good reputation around these parts?

Then I got serious

25 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George isn't a Superstar, but he probably would would be the best talet once Nique.

I'm sure the Hawks are having discussions, but I doubt it will happen.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Supes is doing us a favor by passing on what he's been told. He didn't say a trade was happening, he said it was being discussed. Nothing wrong with that. I don't understand how some people expect accountability for passing on a rumor.

I take every opportunity to jump on any anti-Supes movements. :happy:

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

@NBASupes

3 questions...

1.How close is this source to the Atlanta Hawks

2.How recent is this rumor

3.What assets are on the table for this to work because Bembry,Hardaway,Splitter doesn't work on the NBA trade machine so either we'd have to take Ellis and add Baze or we add Mike Scott.... 

1. Yes

2. From Wednesday.  I am just mentioning it now because it looks far more likely then when I heard it. I mean, it was around the same time Indy and SAC came out and said they weren't trading their stars. Indiana wants to add a star but no one is open to trading one. They wanted Ibaka but Orlando liked Ross more than a 20-25 pick 1st. 

3. You have to look at the market. Minny who wants George isn't willing to trade anyone but Levine and their 1st. That seems good till you realize he has an ACL injury and their 1st is owned by Atlanta. 

Boston has moved from George to Butler. 

Other teams don't want a player who only wants to go to a contender and they aren't one.

He mentioned Bembry, Hardaway Jr and picks. He didn't mention Bazemore or Splitter. He also mention a lot of picks could be in the trade. He said Atlanta and Indy has been in talks for this for awhile but Indiana is holding their hands. Indy at one point wanted Millsap for a 1st, Jefferson and Ellis. Atlanta declined. He seemed a sure Atlanta and Indiana could make this trade. I wasn't but I am now hopeful.

15 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

@NBASupes

3 questions...

1.How close is this source to the Atlanta Hawks

2.How recent is this rumor

3.What assets are on the table for this to work because Bembry,Hardaway,Splitter doesn't work on the NBA trade machine so either we'd have to take Ellis and add Baze or we add Mike Scott.... 

I can answer number three for you, even know that Bembry, Hardaway, Splitter might not work in NBA trade machine (the same machine that says that Boogie traded doesn't work) however Hawks does have a lot of draft picks owned to them in the last couple of years including our own.  While most of them is middle to end of the 1st round but for a team that doesn't really played 1st rounders' that much, it is pot of gold.

It is better to do something than nothing at all.  

Edited by NekiEcko

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

I can answer number three for you, even know that Bembry, Hardaway, Splitter might not work in NBA trade machine (the same machine that says that Boogie traded doesn't work) however Hawks does have a lot of draft picks owned to them in the last couple of years including our own.  While most of them is middle to end of the 1st round but for a team that doesn't really played 1st rounders' that much, it is pot of gold.

It is better to do something than nothing at all.  I take a page of the Falcons playbook, sometimes you have to make those questionable decisions that is going to make it or break it.

I was 100% with you until that last sentence.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I was 100% with you until that last sentence.

I know I would take that back too but for personnel decisions, giving up 5 pick for Julio was crazy at that time but it pay off or playing Alex Mack a lot of money to come here or getting Turbo from the waivers and other things, that I was talking about not that crappy second half play calling.

But back to the Hawks issues, I think it is the right thing to do because even if they don't get him, it shows that we want to improve this team and bring a young star that is going to grow with our core.  Development is fine but it is just one part of being something greater.  You have to maximum all avenues from trades, waiver wires, and draft to make a complete team.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I know I would take that back too but for personnel decisions, giving up 5 pick for Julio was crazy at that time but it pay off or playing Alex Mack a lot of money to come here or getting Turbo from the waivers and other things, that I was talking about not that crappy second half play calling.

I misunderstood. When I saw the words "Falcons", "playbook", and "questionable decisions", my PTSD kicked in. I apologize.

• Like 3