• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

So...Is PG13 wearing a Hawks uni yet?

Word around the block is that he might, but honestly it's just hard to imagine that we make such a signi....

HOLY CHIT...just saw JLo...gotta jet..

and yes....she's still Jenny from...the block..:-(

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

We'll likely end up with a backup player. Hopefully nobody is really their hopes up for this to go through.

A set of Paul-Pauls at the forward slots is a cool concept.

But as irritating as it might be at this point for me to repeat it... count me as one of those who really think Prince is going to be a difference maker. And what's better, once he does that, we still have our stock of draft picks to continue to add to the cupboard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

True, except the article is clear that Indiana is looking to add, not subtract, even offering their upcoming #1

I've heard the same but I've heard from multiple sources that Indiana reach out to teams on George and even New Orleans and Indy had talks as well as recently as yesterday. The thing is, my guy is certain Atlanta and Indy is making a lot of progress on this. He said they been working on this for several months. I think what was holding this back is Boston and if PG is willing to give a commitment to Indy long term which we now know won't happen. This is the big difference between them and Sap. Sap wants to resign in Atlanta for the long term. 

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

A set of Paul-Pauls at the forward slots is a cool concept.

But as irritating as it might be at this point for me to repeat it... count me as one of those who really think Prince is going to be a difference maker. And what's better, once he does that, we still have our stock of draft picks to continue to add to the cupboard.

Prince hasn't shown anything so far. Chances are that both draft picks will be role players at best. 

Another thing we must remember is Hardaway Jr improvement this year has helped him substantially. His value in advanced stats says he's clearly our 2nd best player and 3rd most productive player on the squad. He's playing at a solid level and for a 24 y.o. That's a player that teams want for the long term, including this one. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Prince hasn't shown anything so far. Chances are that both draft picks will be role players at best. 

Chances always are that for any draft pick... take any year's lottery, even, and you'll find mostly guys who, by their 5th year, ended up as something less than their draft slot suggested they could be.

So, we agree on that part.

And, how can I not agree that Prince hasn't shown anything so far? You're right. He hasn't.

And then, of course, that's especially damning because if a player can't come out of the draft and play from game 1 in Bud's system, what hope do they possibly have?

(He said, tongue-firmly-in-cheek.)

• Like 3

PG says he's not going to re sign.  Then, the question is, "What can we get

for him right now?"

Atlanta should know how this works.  Didn't they just lose their center to

Boston and get exactly -0- in return? 

We here at Hawksquawk know that any rumor we hear about our beloved

Hawk team never, never happens.  Therefore we automatically jump on any

poster who dares to share a rumor with us.  Gee.  Ain't we so nice!

Did we hear from the Hawks that they would be active in trade talks from

now until the deadline?  Remember, talks doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Usually, any trade that Atlanta does catches us by surprise.  "I wasn't expecting

that one!"

Personally, I keep checking here.  Not to read the rumors but to see if that trade,

great or small, has already happened.  Until then, keep those juicy rumors coming !!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've heard the same but I've heard from multiple sources that Indiana reach out to teams on George and even New Orleans and Indy had talks as well as recently as yesterday. The thing is, my guy is certain Atlanta and Indy is making a lot of progress on this. He said they been working on this for several months. I think what was holding this back is Boston and if PG is willing to give a commitment to Indy long term which we now know won't happen. This is the big difference between them and Sap. Sap wants to resign in Atlanta for the long term. 

But just a cursory look, the pieces don't add up.

Indiana is only 2.5 games behind Atlanta in the standings. George is a 22/6/3 player, an impact player shooting 38% from 3. He is not yet 27 years old. He makes 18.1 million this year and is signed through the next. in this market, at his position, and his performance, his salary is below average. The Pacer's team salary is 87 mil with almost no contracts they want to dump.

The Hawks trade commodities include, Prince, Bembrey, Hardaway, Splitter, Sefolosha, Bazemore and picks. Their team salary is 98 mil.

Bazemore's terrible season has made him virtually worthless. Given that his last year is a player option, he is signed through 19/20. That contract is an albatross if not producing 15/5.  He is currently at 11/3 (both rounded up).  Baze is a non-starter for Indy in this trade. Additionally, Splitter's injury makes him only attractive to teams wanting to clear salary for next season. All of the Hawk assets are very low salary, so any package for George that didn't include Baze would need to package players which Indy doesn't have roster room for.  So any Indy trade for multiple low priced assets means Indy must wave players to make room or cut the incoming assets. There is no logical trade here that doesn't include Baze and well...Indy isn't taking Baze. 

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The thing is, my guy is certain Atlanta and Indy is making a lot of progress on this. He said they been working on this for several months. I thin

Several months and you waited till today to tell us about it?

I gotta guy too...a gym guy...he says Jimmy Butler to the Celts has been discussed for 3 days or months now too...

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bazemore's terrible season has made him virtually worthless. Given that his last year is a player option, he is signed through 19/20. That contract is an albatross if not producing 15/5.  He is currently at 11/3 (both rounded up).  Baze is a non-starter for Indy in this trade. Additionally, Splitter's injury makes him only attractive to teams wanting to clear salary for next season. All of the Hawk assets are very low salary, so any package for George that didn't include Baze would need to package players which Indy doesn't have roster room for.  So any Indy trade for multiple low priced assets means Indy must wave players to make room or cut the incoming assets. There is no logical trade here that doesn't include Baze and well...Indy isn't taking Baze. 

Supes did say that Indy was looking for young players (THJ, Bembry), picks (we have plenty to choose from), and salary cap relief (Tiago, Scott, Hump). He specifically said that Baze was not included in that rumor. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmr3cpd

Okay so to show what I'm saying, here is a trade for George/Ellis for Splitter/Baze/THj. This would obviously include 1 to 3 picks to make it happen and would require Indy to wave someone (I believe).

I suppose this is possible as Timmy has been playing out of his mind and if you let Tiago walk at season's end it creates 10 million in cap flexibility for Indy.  But it effectively means giving up on a season where they are currently the 6th seed.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Several months and you waited till today to tell us about it?

I gotta guy too...a gym guy...he says Jimmy Butler to the Celts has been discussed for 3 days or months now too...

I didn't know this info till Wed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Supes did say that Indy was looking for young players (THJ, Bembry), picks (we have plenty to choose from), and salary cap relief (Tiago, Scott, Hump). He specifically said that Baze was not included in that rumor. 

Yes but because the Hawks are over the cap, the salaries must be close and you can't get there by just giving 5 players for 1 because Indy has a full roster already and we'd need to add some to get to 13.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Yes but because the Hawks are over the cap, the salaries must be close and you can't get there by just giving 5 players for 1 because Indy has a full roster already and we'd need to add some to get to 13.

Just playing devil's advocate, but Supes said the trade would be THJ, Bembry, salary fillers and picks. Theoretically, you could make it work by trading THJ, Bembry, Tiago and Scott, plus picks of course. And Indy could easily release Tiago and Scott (with presumably cash considerations coming from Hawks).