• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Trail Blazers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

What will be interesting to observe for me in the next game is what I seemed to gather from the last game I saw fully and what I seemed to see in the box score. From what I saw in the Memphis game, Dwight was hardly trying in the 1st quarter and suddenly flipped a switch and brightened up when he got to play with the bench. Almost the same in this game from what I gathered from the box score, just with a huge deficit. Dwight had no attempts from the field, but suddenly he gets very involved with the bench.

What I'm seeing is Dwight just does not want to accept he isn't what he once was since the break, and this would be a problem even with a better point guard. The Hawks aren't going to play the go through the low post game, so it doesn't matter who is, and isn't here. They either want to play high PNR or play their high post offense that requires a big to be a good passer. Just because it isn't the 90s-early 00s, doesn't mean you can't play through your bigs, but they need to be above average passing big men to do it.

And even though this isn't a good offense, they look their best when the high post offense is actually being run, and the big isn't caring more about trying to post.

If Dwight would accept a role of being a guy that will roll hard on the PNR and actually pass out more than once or twice, and after that, just be a guy that looks to get tip ins on offense, it'd work. Right now it won't.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So freaking blinded. I guess those two back to back beauties vs Detroit and Toronto all of a sudden never happened.  I guess Millsap is your whipping boy for this season, and he doesn't deserve it at all.

20 win team maybe with Millsap gone.

Which I'm fine with if that is the case because it is time to replace a 32 year old power forward that struggles with his shot and with diminishing skills

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Which I'm fine with if that is the case because it is time to replace a 32 year old power forward that struggles with his shot and with diminishing skills

You mean tools as his skills are fine. His skills are a passer at a big man spot and being able to guard 1-5.

And Millsap never had a lot of tools anyway.

If Millsap goes, Dwight will further slink back into his sulking. You want that?

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Lurker said:

You mean tools as his skills are fine. His skills are a passer at a big man spot and being able to guard 1-5.

And Millsap never had a lot of tools anyway.

If Millsap goes, Dwight will further slink back into his sulking. You want that?

Absolutely...Its time for Millsap to go....Only a fool would pay this guy $30 mill per year for 48 wins per season.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect this squad to win against a surging and healthy team without Sap but that was hard to watch.  

Our starting wings don't even look NBA-level alot of the time.  

I can deal with poor shooting, the erosion of Bud's staff probably has the most to do with the huge drop off over the past couple years.  But poor effort is some other sh$t tho folk.  

At least I got a few good laughs in with the usual Delaney, Dwight, and Baze follies.  Ersan looking like the only pro out there tonight.  

How you take a bullet train to nowhere?

Hard to take your criticism of Dwight serous when you admit you didn't watch the game

I don't think he played that well but he wasn't the main issue

Our back court got destroyed yesterday.

Dennis was awful on both ends and Baze couldn't defend his man either

Our starting sf gave us nothing on both ends then our bench came in and stunk it up too

If you want to blame Dwight cool but there are at least 4 other guys who should be mentioned before Dwight after yesterdays debacle

• Like 2

When I read that Dwight is being gone after constantly on the PNR and is giving up practice jumpshots, its not hard for me to consider him the main issue. This game was so far gone by the end of the first it wouldn't have mattered if Dennis played an average game from what I read, it would have been a 10 point loss.

And he would have had to realistically play a Phoenix like game for it to even be close. Otherwise...

Blah, blah, blah ... I didn't read any of this thread and I'm not gonna.

F*ck the Blazers!  Why in the heyul did we accommodate them and move this gametime up to 6pm?!  Why are we doing them favors?!

Per Holman's pregame, we accommodated them whining about having to play MIA early the next day although the Hawks' requests are typically denied by other teams.

Now look up and they went 2-0 vs us and the Heat.

• Premium Member
On 3/18/2017 at 9:15 PM, Lurker said:

Ship Howard off too, its never him with the Howard-heads, when the reality is he was the cancer in Houston and is becoming one here too.

i guess it would take the whole team being shipped off for y'all to get it with Howard.

You are so obsessed with this bash Howard thing its ridiculous.  I'm tired of hearing it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

You are so obsessed with this bash Howard thing its ridiculous.  I'm tired of hearing it.

I don't blame her anymore ... I blame us for responding.

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

anyone have a link to howard's technical?   I can't find it and didn't see the game.   

I bet @Lurker has it playing on her screen nonstop.  Some kind of weird masochist type of thing.

47 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I assume that since the break this season has been extremely painful for you outside of the Boston game, as the president of the Dwight Howard fan club.

Because that's the only game Dwight has given a sh** in. He's hardly trying at all since then, and no, he didn't try in this game, his good statline from this game should be trashed as it was Rudy Gay like, the way he played PNR defense gave up a lot of warm up mid range jumpers.

Sorry folks, but the impactful Dwight Howard is long gone, is not returning, and would not be here if Jeff Teague were here.

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

@Vol4ever The 'Skip Over this Comment' feature works well. It's done wonders for my sanity and peace of mind.

If you don't want to watch me talk about how much Dwight Howard sucks, then you should leave the chat when I arrive tonight. As that will be mostly what I talk about. On every single Zeller layup/dunk, I will say "Dwight Howard sucks".

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

If you don't want to watch me talk about how much Dwight Howard sucks, then you should leave the chat when I arrive tonight. As that will be mostly what I talk about. On every single Zeller layup/dunk, I will say "Dwight Howard sucks".

At least until Zeller throws his face at Dwights elbow and Dwight gets ejected.   What will you talk about then?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Why wait til then, Lurk?

Popcorn Go