• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls

lethalweapon3

Dammit man, good game, though.  Of course if Sap plays we win by 10 as usual.  A few plays here and there: Dennis fumble, wide open look for Timmy at the buzzer.  Just like the Spurs game, you're starting off in a ditch knowing the opposing SF is gonna outproduce both of yours combined, not to mention keep Dennis in check on a couple key plays.  News flash: we need a SF.  Prince too raw, Thabo too broken, Baze too Baze.

Ilyasova getting more comfortable, Dwight, and Dennis should be enough to beat Brooklyn without any stinking wings.  Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

vor 5 Minuten, willthepureshooter sagte:

Dennis' careless ball handing cost us a game. Then he smiles on the way down the court. The kid is Bobby Jackson. Nothing more than scoring guard off the bench. He never went to Dwight during the last 3 minutes of the game. He missed an open Tim Hardaway in the 1st quarter because he was looking for his own shot. I'd rather have Teague at the point because I know at least he will get the team involved. Bud went away from the Prince matchup on Butler and it got him hot. How in the living hell did he set next to Pop all of those years without learning basic basketball.

Lmao you're drunk go home

8 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Dennis' careless ball handing cost us a game. Then he smiles on the way down the court. The kid is Bobby Jackson. Nothing more than scoring guard off the bench. He never went to Dwight during the last 3 minutes of the game. He missed an open Tim Hardaway in the 1st quarter because he was looking for his own shot. I'd rather have Teague at the point because I know at least he will get the team involved. Bud went away from the Prince matchup on Butler and it got him hot. How in the living hell did he set next to Pop all of those years without learning basic basketball.

I want to split like this post. Thumbs up for the Bud critizism, thumbs down for the Dennis part. This was the first really good game by Dennis in a while, he was fouled on the late turnover. And without him we lose this game by 20+ tonight... But yeah I know your overall opinion about Dennis - and everybody here knows mine,...

Edited by rd79

Refs gave the bulls the game with that horrible call at the end. Dennis didn't get a foul he should have gotten on that turnover saved by Howard than by bazemore.

but we still got a great looking shot at the end.

• Like 3

No matter the drama here and there it was truly a critical loss. Three at home and three away coming up. Much tighter than I thought it would be to survive a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thomas said:

No matter the drama here and there it was truly a critical loss. Three at home and three away coming up. Much tighter than I thought it would be to survive a couple of weeks ago.

I like it like this. I wanna be pressured into fighting for a playoff spot till the last game or two. That way we come in playing with an urgency and continued pressure. 

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I like it like this. I wanna be pressured into fighting for a playoff spot till the last game or two. That way we come in playing with an urgency and continued pressure. 

And run out of gas during that strech and get killed in the first round...

Just now, rd79 said:

And run out of gas during that strech and get killed in the first round...

Lol...run out of gas? As a fan, I've experienced over the years that teams that have to fight to get in, do a lot better than being secure and locked in at a spot. Seems like it happens a bit more in baseball with the wildcard and all but I believe momentum going in is huge.

ps Dennis had a great game but lost it for us with his fumbling and bumbling.

Didn't see the majority of this game, followed at times on ESPN (was away and watched the final 4 game), but please, please, tell me what Bazemore brings. Really. He came in and even before that foul at the end, the Bulls started scoring very easily on offense.

If he doesn't come in and stay in, I would like to bet that it wouldn't have been as easy offensively.

That's pretty much going to do it if Cleveland decides they're going full strength. The Hawks are in legit, legit danger of dropping out of the playoffs, the only game that should be a gimme that is left is Brooklyn.

Edited by Lurker

Those of you that think the Hawks are not making the playoffs need to take a math course like statistics. Just go over to your local community college and take the course. Again, there's a chance they don't make it but it's pretty damn low. 

Momentum doesn't really matter in the NBA, it sucks but is true. Like I said a couple months ago, the NBA is the one American sport in which just "getting hot" will not work for you. In the NFL, MLB, and college basketball, it WILL work but its a matter of finishing. I thought the Falcons were a good team and had a team that was close to as good as 2012 but not quite, but I did not expect them to cruise to the freaking Super Bowl. They were New York Giants 2007 and 2011 caliber on fire after the Kansas City game.

And you also have the Royals run in 2014 after being a good not great team in the regular season.

Same with South Carolina THIS year in college basketball, although it just ended. They were good, not great and they were slipping at the end of the regular season. They get out of the SEC, are allowed to play their physical brand of defense without fouling, and they make it to the final four.

• Like 1

Better lately after a bad start without Millsap the second time, but the guards (and I don't mean Kent Bazemore) have not shown they can close a game without a good veteran alongside them. They can play a spirited game, play it close, they won't finish a game for you. Washington, Milwaukee, and Chicago on what I got from it was this (and the clunker for Dennis was the first one, he was fine in the second two).

The Indiana game, in typical Atlanta sports fashion, might be winner take all with a playoff spot. If the Cavs go full strength, I 100% expect to lose both and the Celtics game is a toss up at best.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, rd79 said:

Bud took out the hot guy - who is able to get free on inbounds at will and drops the jumper on this plays so often, because he didn't want to play a overtime (because of back to back?) and went for the 3 instead? Which game is more important? The one vs the 9th place which is contending for a playoff spot (with us) or the one vs the worst team in the league?

I want to change my vote about Bud in the poll to "Let's get rid of this bum, even I could coach this team better in late game situations"

Finally posters are starting to actually see the problem with this team

From my vantage point close to the court at the game today ...

1. Dennis is certainly a very good player but you can see the rest of the team just watching him with no idea about what he might be about to do.  They don't look comfortable due to his erratic decision-making.

2. Prince really locked down Butler in the first half and he also got to the basket at will.  The Bulls fans around me were all impressed with him (and with Hardaway). Give Prince 30 minutes a game next year and he may be what we've been looking for at SF.

3. Howard was operating nicely within the flow of the offense in the first half ... then we basically ignored him in the second half.

4. Hardaway is one small step away from being a star.  Confident and talented!  Killer instinct on offense and defense.

5. Dennis cannot be stopped when he blows past defenders on the way to the rim.  A bit more consistent jump shot and a more mature understanding of his role and he'll also be excellent.

6. Bazemore is all energy but just no consistency with any aspect of his game.  Could be a solid, though expensive, sixth man, but that is about it.

Hope these observations are useful.  Just my humble opinion.

This team got two players I like (Prince and Hardaway Jr.) One player I would like if he had a PnR big (Dennis). A player I like but is not worth the max (Sap) and I can do without the rest except for Ersan and Bembry. 

Bud taking prince off of butler late doesn't make any sense and throwing Baze on butler wasn't a good move. 

I believe prince length would have bothered him greatly on those baskets at the end of the game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

What will happen to Bud if we get kicked out of the playoff picture? I know it's unlikely, but he's cost the Hawks a handful of games, including this one. Every game the Hawks lose because of Baze being horrible is on Bud IMHO.

• Like 2