• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

Per NBA TV, Kyrie Irving player hurt against us. That is why we lost. Can never get any credit. The big problem with the Cavs is that with all of their player acquisitions, they have gotten worse defensively. They chose offense over defense and it shows.

Of course we didn't win it. They lost it. Smh...Kyrie has hung out too long with LeHoe and never gives the other team credit. That's fine, they still got worked whether they admit it or deny it.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

People call Lebron a "great" teammate because he's a prolific facilitator and of course he wins.  Fact seems to be unless you're one of his favorite flunkies like James Jones his personality wears on his teammates.  Tristan don't be hearing that sh$t.  It's no coincidence they got washed by our C team without the guy who they look to for toughness often.  Lebron's body language is awful at times, something that wouldn't dare be allowed in Miami.  

Chemistry can't be understated and I don't think it's a stretch to say last night's sample is an indictment of the elements Dennis and Dwight offer.  Nothing against them, more of a slight towards #Budcox team-building while praising the second unit for buying into ball movement and best shot available (ie get Tim the damn ball).

The bolded above^ usually works a good 85% of the time. 

• Like 2

Hawks only chance to get past 1st round is to avoid Washington. Need to lose remaining games to miss Wizards because Bradley Beal is the greatest player on earth when he faces Hawks. I won't watch playoffs if we face Wizards, too much anger when i have to watch Gortat.

• Like 1

• Moderators

No more #31 Watch!

Thanks to the Suns somehow tripping up the Fighting Westbrooks last night, Brooklyn secures the worst record in the league... (oh, NOW I see what Bud was trying to do the last two weeks!)... and not only does Boston have the top lottery odds, Atlanta gets the top pick in the second-round. Thanks to the Tiago deal, we get to bracket the whole second round with Pick #60 as well.

On the playoffs front, the Wizards are still clinging to faint hopes of a #2 seed, so they need to keep playing well. If they take care of business tonight (7 PM Eastern), versus a heat team coming into town off a tough loss last night in Toronto, then Miami's loss clinches the playoffs for the boys in Georgia Granite Gray. If that happens, then the final three games will be all about playoff seeding, getting healthy, and screwing with Indiana and maybe Charlotte's playoff chances.

~lw3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

No more #31 Watch!

Thanks to the Suns somehow tripping up the Fighting Westbrooks last night, Brooklyn secures the worst record in the league... (oh, NOW I see what Bud was trying to do the last two weeks!)... and not only does Boston have the top lottery odds, Atlanta gets the top pick in the second-round. Thanks to the Tiago deal, we get to bracket the whole second round with Pick #60 as well.

On the playoffs front, the Wizards are still clinging to faint hopes of a #2 seed, so they need to keep playing well. If they take care of business tonight (7 PM Eastern), versus a heat team coming into town off a tough loss last night in Toronto, then Miami's loss clinches the playoffs for the boys in Georgia Granite Gray. If that happens, then the final three games will be all about playoff seeding, getting healthy, and screwing with Indiana and maybe Charlotte's playoff chances.

~lw3

I've always wanted the 31st pick in the NBA draft. I don't think we've ever had it but I could be wrong.

Lol...only a Hawks fan says that. Other teams say they want Lebron or Durant but I'm pretty happy with the first pick of the 2nd round.

ps..GO WIZ..We may still be able to catch the Celts in a 3/6 matchup. In any event it'll be fun to mess with the Hornets on Tuesday and more importantly the Pacers on Wednesday. I still like Jeff Teague but it might be time to stick it to him.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I've always wanted the 31st pick in the NBA draft. I don't think we've ever had it but I could be wrong.

2005 was the last time we had #31, when we "lost the lottery" to the Bucks (I REALLY wanted Bogut bad), but had the top pick in the 2nd round.

0506_wallpaper_ss.jpg

^We got ourselves this guy! Rise Up , Indeed!

Players among the next ten picks we passed up on included Brandon Bass, C.J. Miles, Ronny Turiaf, Monta Ellis, and some dude from Turkey named Ersan Ilyasova.

~lw3

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lurker said:

Bruh the Hawks really won a game that was an attempt at throwing a game lmfao. And it was with the Cavs actually trying and LeBron almost playing the ENTIRE second half. My goodness!

This was exactly what I was going to post.  I can understand resting Sap and Baze, even Dwight.  But when Bud decides to rest Dennis as well, that's a clear indication that he didn't mind throwing this game away, so that the main guys would be well rested come Sunday.

Now, it's like playing with house money after you already won the 1st bet.   Lose on Sunday, and it will be disappointing ( because they've won very few big home games this season ), but not catastrophic.  Win, and we're virtually in the playoffs.

Great job by the scrubs.  Even Delaney made a few threes and dished out 8 assist ( thanks to Dunleavy, who was shooting like 2014 Kyle Korver ).

Once again . . . why can't Bembry see the floor at PG, like Bud did with Baze on a few occasions this season?  He handles the ball well enough, and has good enough decision making with the ball in his hands.  And he can finish on the break and in traffic.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde, Trout7 sagte:

Hawks only chance to get past 1st round is to avoid Washington. Need to lose remaining games to miss Wizards because Bradley Beal is the greatest player on earth when he faces Hawks. I won't watch playoffs if we face Wizards, too much anger when i have to watch Gortat.

I thought he could develop into a top3 SG when I saw him two years against us (ECSF). If he stays healthy... who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

2005 was the last time we had #31, when we "lost the lottery" to the Bucks (I REALLY wanted Bogut bad), but had the top pick in the 2nd round.

0506_wallpaper_ss.jpg

^We got ourselves this guy! Rise Up , Indeed!

Players among the next ten picks we passed up on included Brandon Bass, C.J. Miles, Ronny Turiaf, Monta Ellis, and some dude from Turkey named Ersan Ilyasova.

~lw3

Nice memory lw3! Salim was sweet I wish he had more of an impact in the NBA ...like northcyde I wanted baby Nate as well. He had spudness in him due to size. 

Still love the 1st pick in the second round where wooden award contestants like Kennard, Mason III, Swanigan, Goss and Hart will be available..well Mason won but ya ..

I like Bembry alot. That slight double pump, alley oop slam was impressive. He finishes better at the rim than Prince. He has very good feet in general.

Prince needs to figure a way not to finish faintly like Baze. If he learns how to absorb the contact, he'll be starter quality for sure. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Correcting my earlier clinching-scenario statement, according to NBA.com...

I'm not sure how the Bulls, by themselves, could clinch it for the Hawks (they would definitely be beyond Chicago's reach) by losing today, but we'll take it if it shakes out that way.

FWIW, the Bulls are down 32-25 in the opening quarter in Brooklyn. Go Coach Kenny!

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

51-45 Nets at the half. I'd much rather clinch it tomorrow on our own, but I also don't want players blowing a fuse trying to beat the desperate Cavs, either. Go Nets Go!

edit: 82-75 Bulls to start the 4th. Probably time to cheer for the Wiz instead (eww), but we'll see.

edit: Nets back in front w/ a minute to go in the game... DEFENSE!

~lw3

• Like 1

I'm actually rooting for whatever puts the Bulls in line to play the Celtics assuming we don't play the Celts ourselves. Rondo vs Boston in the playoffs would be a joy. Currently the Bulls are the 7th seed and the C's are #2.