• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Were you not the one that claimed that the offense was better after the Howard left the game????  Now you claim garbage time killed the offense?

It was in the first half.

Then the second half has two words: Garbage Time.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Were you not the one that claimed that the offense was better after the Howard left the game????  Now you claim garbage time killed the offense?

Wasn't it garbage time when the bench came from down 26 to beat Cavs?   It's double speak and trying to fit a particular narrative Peo, just let it go, lol.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wasn't it garbage time when the bench came from down 26 to beat Cavs?   It's double speak and trying to fit a particular narrative Peo, just let it go, lol.

Seriously...What do you think is going on with her???  1st she predicts a blow out series sweep at the hands of Washington Wizards and now making up sh-t this game?  What is it??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Seriously...What do you think is going on with her???  1st she predicts a blow out series sweep at the hands of Washington Wizards and now making up sh-t this game?  What is it??

756.gif

It's scary to think how much of our success could depend on Muscala. He was shooting lights out to start the season and we looked great. Then it seemed like he couldn't hit water from a boat for a while and we were awful. Now he's hot again and we're flying high. Hopefully any drop off there can be countered by Ersan getting his shooting touch back. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

It's hard to have a discussion with someone that doesn't use logic and already has a predetermined bias.  That's why I just stay away mostly. But thanks for the laugh!

Disagree if you must but we all remember the last game against

the Cavs, D8 was glued to the bench and Atlanta won!

Sure, he had a great game against Charlotte.  Maybe we weren't better,

just different looking when he went out.  Someone said our

shooting % went way down.  Question:  Did our opponent stage a big

comeback when he left?  Nope.

Personally, I have never been a great fan of D8.  I remember how the Hawks

would beat his team when he was in Florida.  Not always, but they didn't

dominate us either.

Lurker is not a great fan of his.  Hawks may not be better when he's out

but they certainly are different, aren't they.  To me, as good as he is, we are

not dependent on him as our only star player.  We all should expect a lot

from him.  Check out our annual payroll.  We pay him a heck of a lot

of $$ for someone who hits only a fraction more than 50% of his free throws.

D8 is finally learning how Bud Ball really works.  Sure, he's big and strong

and dominates inside on both ends of the court and we will certainly need

what he brings to the playoffs.

Congratulations to our Hawks for making it again!  Now, we must go to

our nation's capital and face those guys who seem to dominate us.  Time

to turn this around.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

Seems like an appropriate time for a flashback. Our first game against the Cavs this season sent them a warning that hopefully remains in their heads to this day. What happened in the playoffs against them last year with rebounding won't happen this time if we meet. Dwight=17 rebounds and Tristan=2 rebounds in that game. We have a physical option now that we didn't have last year. Add some young guys and our on and off again (need to be really on) three point shooters in Tim, Ersan and yeah even Moose and we have some balance here at the end of the year.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899550

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Seems like an appropriate time for a flashback. Our first game against the Cavs this season sent them a warning that hopefully remains in their heads to this day. What happened in the playoffs against them last year with rebounding won't happen this time if we meet. Dwight=17 rebounds and Tristan=2 rebounds in that game. We have a physical option now that we didn't have last year. Add some young guys and our on and off again (need to be really on) three point shooters in Tim, Ersan and yeah even Moose and we have some balance here at the end of the year.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899550

What's the word on TT btw? How long is he supposed to be out? Anybody know offhand?

16 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Disagree if you must but we all remember the last game against

the Cavs, D8 was glued to the bench and Atlanta won!

Sure, he had a great game against Charlotte.  Maybe we weren't better,

just different looking when he went out.  Someone said our

shooting % went way down.  Question:  Did our opponent stage a big

comeback when he left?  Nope.

Personally, I have never been a great fan of D8.  I remember how the Hawks

would beat his team when he was in Florida.  Not always, but they didn't

dominate us either.

Lurker is not a great fan of his.  Hawks may not be better when he's out

but they certainly are different, aren't they.  To me, as good as he is, we are

not dependent on him as our only star player.  We all should expect a lot

from him.  Check out our annual payroll.  We pay him a heck of a lot

of $$ for someone who hits only a fraction more than 50% of his free throws.

D8 is finally learning how Bud Ball really works.  Sure, he's big and strong

and dominates inside on both ends of the court and we will certainly need

what he brings to the playoffs.

Congratulations to our Hawks for making it again!  Now, we must go to

our nation's capital and face those guys who seem to dominate us.  Time

to turn this around.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

I, like you am not his biggest fan but I will always give credit when it is due. 

5 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

What's the word on TT btw? How long is he supposed to be out? Anybody know offhand?

From the Cavs ESPN page.

Thompson missed his fourth consecutive game with a sprained right thumb, but the Cavaliers haven't closed the door on him returning for the regular-season finale Wednesday against the Raptors. In addition to Thompson, the Cavaliers are holding out LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and (likely) Kevin Love, so almost all of the team's reserves should see sizable increases in playing time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

To me Dwight is a match up nightmare in the right situation. Against Tristan Thompson, gotta, Zeller, amir Johnson, Whiteside, Turner he is going to be a major asset. Against a small stretch center.... Not so much and he should ride the bench more.  He is an important piece, that when used in the right situation, is a game changer. 

I don't get all the hatred. 

Exactly. Some don't seem to realise that we finally have an answer for the Cavs and TT with Dwight and also other less bruising teams with our small ball bench rotation. But I'm glad we have the options now. And at least I dont have to to fear the Cavs outrebounding us by 20 now that we have Dwight (*ahem*like with Al*ahem*), and we have the other tools to match up with most other teams if we need to put Dwight on the bench. Flexibility. Adaptability. I'm with @Spud2Nique in being pretty optimistic about the playoffs, although I didn't want to face WAS. But that matchup isn't terrible, and I feel like with the other teams we may face down the road we actually have a realistic shot this year in the Eastern Conference, much unlike years gone by when the writing was on the wall.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

. But that matchup isn't terrible, and I feel like with the other teams we may face down the road we actually have a realistic shot this year in the Eastern Conference, much unlike years gone by when the writing was on the wall.

Definitely helps that the Cavs are mere mortals right now so, yeah there is an opportunity for both us and the other 3-8 seeds. Yeah ok, the Green have a chance as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

I don't get all the hatred.

This is such an unusual fan base.  It seems as though emotions are hard to control here.  If someone likes a player and he has a bad game or even week, he is forgiven and vice versa.  Howard had been great down the stretch...He has improved his post moves and is putting in the effort on defense but yet posters want to continue to hold those earlier game against him.  Kinda reminds me of playoff Teague hate.  I'm with @Spud2Niqueand @LamarHampton in being very optimistic about this team in the playoffs because it's versatility which is unlike year's past.

• Like 3