• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pacers: The Season Finale!

lethalweapon3

14 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

To be fair, Coach Nate has been playing the hand he was dealt by longtime executive Larry Bird, who has worn out his welcome just about everywhere outside of French Lick. But McMillan and the Pacers are only beginning to sort things out, and it may turn out to be too late for this season.

To be fair Vogel should still be there. Nate has been biting for so long. Bird blew it. Vogel's horrific stats, oh my. Bare in mind Paul George missed 76 games in 2014-15 and they still fought hard for a berth though falling short.

[hide]Team Year G W L W–L% Finish PG PW PL PW–L% Result
Indiana 2010–11 38 20 18 .526 2nd in Central 5 1 4 .200 Lost in First Round
Indiana 2011–12 66 42 24 .636 2nd in Central 11 6 5 .545 Lost in Conf. Semifinals
Indiana 2012–13 81 49 32 .605 1st in Central 19 11 8 .579 Lost in Conf. Finals
Indiana 2013–14 82 56 26 .683 1st in Central 19 10 9 .526 Lost in Conf. Finals
Indiana 2014–15 82 38 44 .463 3rd in Central Missed Playoffs
Indiana 2015–16 82 45 37 .549 2nd in Central 7 3 4 .429 Lost in First Round
Career 431 250 181 .580   61 31 30 .508  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'll try, C-Viv, I'll try!

~lw3

Calderon, Sefolosha, Prince, Ilyasova and Humphries

A Pop's kind of backup lineup there. Pretty global and all.

• Like 1

Awesome threads you provided for us all year lw3!!! Your work is unparallel. Also think Vogel should still be the coach of the Pacers, or at least not the Supersonics greatest 6th man ever. Loved the part about Teague watching from his mom's basement couch..:-)

A part of me wants Teague to get in and wreck havoc. I will be rooting against the Cavs and Celts so why not a friendly face in Teague as one of the assassins.

REST EVERYBODY but PLAY HARD...

GO HAWKS!!!

Teague>>>>>Horford 

Pacers>Celts

Leave with some class Boss!

2 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Will DeAndre Bembry finally hit his first NBA career three pointer in the last game of his rookie season? He is 0-16 from three this year. I would be chucking from three if I were him. Can't end your rookie season without a single three made.

@Bankingitbig Bembry has his 3.

Lw3...I covered for you on "sip alerts" in the chat tonight for Bud's Presser.

Just so you know - Bud didn't really say much - he said some stuff about defense as usual and then was asked about Moose and other players.  Honestly, it was a short presser and it was difficult for me to get in three "sips" before it was over.

GO HAWKS!!

• Like 1

I get to miss at least the first half-three quarters of game 1 of the playoffs which is just lovely. I will be on the road on Sunday and while I may get to listen to some of it, I'm going to spend at least an hour, minimum in the dark on the highway.

That worked out well last year, though.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I am ready to drop Thabo from the rotation.  His offense is just too much of a liability for the Hawks and even his defense is not that exceptional now to compensate.  It's time to move on to Dunlevey with Bembry mix in when more defense is needed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

It's time to move on to Dunlevey with Bembry mix in when more defense is needed.

From what we witnessed against the Cavs thinking it would be nice to see Bembry get most of the backup minutes at sf. At the very least you get defense, rebounding and non wreckless passing.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I am ready to drop Thabo from the rotation.  His offense is just too much of a liability for the Hawks and even his defense is not exceptional that now to compensate. 

I feel like I made this same post in mid December.   Hopefully Bud sees now that not only is the above true but Thabo is way to rusty to get big minutes.   Without a big time scorer, every player on the floor has to be some kind of offensive threat.   

• Like 1