• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Rise Of Taurean Prince

Wurider05

Taurean will never be on the same level as Kawhi. Taurean has the potential to be a starter in this league for many years, but he won't ever be a MVP candidate, face-of-the-franchise, Finals MVP type player. I see him at best as a rich man's Crowder. 15, 5, & 5 guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see his ceiling as what he's nearly doing now as a rookie in his first playoff series and as the 3rd-4th option? I strongly disagree. If he gets stronger and really focuses on learning how to use his body on D I can see him becoming a monster.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DS5 said:

Kawhi had a pretty bad shot coming out of college. Prince's shooting is a hell lot better than Leonard's at this stage of his career. Granted, that's probably the only thing Taurean has an edge over Leonard in his rookie season, but I can't see any obvious weaknesses to his game. And I think he has a much better skillset than Crowder. Dude has so much poise and maturity for a rook. 

I always hear people say this (not a big college bball fan so idk), but Leonard shot 38% from three his rookie year on 109 attempts. It isn't like the guy didn't know how to shoot... For reference, Prince was 32% on 102 attempts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marco102 said:

If Bembry ever gets his shot fixed, he's going to be damn good too.  He's already crafty around the basket and can get his own shot. I was really happy when the Hawks selected him and TP.  They really fit Bud's system well.

Thing is, with the amount of guys we already have who can't shoot ( but still get playing time ) he should've been playing anyway.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Let's check the 2017 playoffs' stats

KL - 32.5 pts per game on  58% shooting overall, 52.6% from three, and get this 100% from the free throw line 10 - 10 per game :blink:.  My goodness this guys is a amazing. He really should be getting more MVP considerations considering he plays both sides of the ball.

TP - 14 pts per game on 62.1% shooting overall, 57.1% from three  and 100% from the free throw line.  - His overall usage is a lot less of course.

Now I'm not saying TP's on Kwhai's level, but he's stepped up his shooting, defense, and hustle in the playoffs.   Maybe the skies the limit for him.

Sort of a false equivalence. There is a lot more pressure on Lenoard to perform at a high level at this point.

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Sort of a false equivalence. There is a lot more pressure on Lenoard to perform at a high level at this point.

Not false equivalent. I clearly said he was not on Leonard's level and is not taking the volume of shots. Who in their right mind would put Prince on Kwhai's level at this point?  My post was meant to show he has potential because someone said he couldn't shoot.

Edited by marco102

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Not false equivalent. I clearly said he was not on Leonard's level and is not taking the volume of shots. Who in there right mind would put Prince on Kwhai's level at this point?  My post was meant to show he has potential because someone said he couldn't shoot.

But it's pointless to even compare their stats at this point. KL is producing what he is producing as the guy other teams are looking to shutdown while Prince is a relatively unknown player.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Prince's shot is fine when he gets to play consistent minutes. When he was coming in for short stretches in garbage time, etc he was forcing things. His form on his shot is good.

It has room to improve because of the college to NBA three point line adjustment but he's not going to be an elite shooter.

• Like 1

I got this tape through my Youtube recommendations, but hadn't come around to posting it. This person must have found every basket Prince made his rookie season. To win this series, they may have to get him more involved. Also, dust off Thabo and put him on Wall. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

Let's check the 2017 playoffs' stats

KL - 32.5 pts per game on  58% shooting overall, 52.6% from three, and get this 100% from the free throw line 10 - 10 per game :blink:.  My goodness this guys is a amazing. He really should be getting more MVP considerations considering he plays both sides of the ball.

TP - 14 pts per game on 62.1% shooting overall, 57.1% from three  and 100% from the free throw line.  - His overall usage is a lot less of course.

Now I'm not saying TP's on Kwhai's level, but he's stepped up his shooting, defense, and hustle in the playoffs.   Maybe the skies the limit for him.

I don't think anyone is comparing prime Leonard to Prince. Even rookie Prince is not as good as rookie Leonard 

• Moderators

You see his ceiling as what he's nearly doing now as a rookie in his first playoff series and as the 3rd-4th option? I strongly disagree. If he gets stronger and really focuses on learning how to use his body on D I can see him becoming a monster.

You say that like he beat out a better option for the 3. Korver got traded and Thabo got injured. The door was wide open for him to step in and show us what he's got. I've seen Taurean on the floor playing... He's a hustle guy. He's a guy that will give his team exactly what it needs, but he'll never be #1 option, 20 ppg scorer. The Kawhi comparisons in this thread are absurd. He's more Crowder/Demarre than Lenard/Butler. Not saying he can't be clutch cause that's apart of giving your team what it needs, but this franchise will never lean on Taurean Prince to be the man 82 gps. Another great role guy that'll have a long career, but not a special talent. Fans never have to say "if" about elite talents early in their careers.

10 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Thing is we all said the same thing about Mike Scott and his defense... I hope for the best, but a fixing a shot isn't a one-offseason fix. He has time though being as young as he is.

It's a lot easier to fix a jumpshot than defense. You can't really teach defense, you can teach a bad defender to play within a certain scheme, but I honestly don't remember a bad defender becoming a good one. But look at players like Jason Kidd and our own Calderon who couldnt shoot anything.. 

29 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

You say that like he beat out a better option for the 3. Korver got traded and Thabo got injured. The door was wide open for him to step in and show us what he's got. I've seen Taurean on the floor playing... He's a hustle guy. He's a guy that will give his team exactly what it needs, but he'll never be #1 option, 20 ppg scorer. The Kawhi comparisons in this thread are absurd. He's more Crowder/Demarre than Lenard/Butler. Not saying he can't be clutch cause that's apart of giving your team what it needs, but this franchise will never lean on Taurean Prince to be the man 82 gps. Another great role guy that'll have a long career, but not a special talent. Fans never have to say "if" about elite talents early in their careers.

all that is exactly what Leonard was his rookie year. NOBODY could have predicted he'd develop like he has. Not saying it'll happen again but it's so dumb how u guys are literally comparing Kawhi NOW as a superstar (that he didn't show signs of until his 2nd finals appearance) to rookie Prince that barely played until the end of the year.

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, DS5 said:

It's a lot easier to fix a jumpshot than defense. You can't really teach defense, you can teach a bad defender to play within a certain scheme, but I honestly don't remember a bad defender becoming a good one. But look at players like Jason Kidd and our own Calderon who couldnt shoot anything.. 

exactly. Mike Conley was a complete brick thrower at Ohio State lol. Mike Woodson said we passed on him for Al because he couldn't shoot the ball

• Like 2