• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency Thread.

Diesel

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Boston got better and should be at least tue 2 seed in the East.  Hayward already knows the system and will play well in it.

It sucks, but thats what it is.

I feel pretty bad for Jazz fans.  They would have been something special in a year or two had Hayward stayed.

I don't disagree with any of this.  I just think it leaves Boston solidly short of contender status.  Hayward probably would not have been favored to make the All-Star team in the West.  He is a nice add and should fit in very well.  Just like Horford.  Just like Horf, I will be interested to see if he is truly capable of raising the team or if he is just another nice piece.

Thoughts on trying to steal KCP from detroit? They've hard-capped themselves and would have to do some maneuvering to match an offer sheet. Brooklyn is the RFA boogieman but they're currently tied up with Otto Porter until Washington decides they want to match (most teams wait as long as they can). 

On 7/5/2017 at 1:19 PM, AHF said:

I don't disagree with any of this.  I just think it leaves Boston solidly short of contender status.  Hayward probably would not have been favored to make the All-Star team in the West.  He is a nice add and should fit in very well.  Just like Horford.  Just like Horf, I will be interested to see if he is truly capable of raising the team or if he is just another nice piece.

They only won like 5 more games this year didn't they?

On 7/5/2017 at 1:19 PM, AHF said:

Maybe I didn't understand the statement but he just made the West AS team.  By himself he doesn't move the needle that much but along with Morris it's a considerable team upgrade as he's as tough and far better offensively than Amir Johnson.  All of this is an effort to bolster Al's weaknesses but Ainge will soon find out it's not worth it.  

I like Bradley but they were rich in scrappy small guards, can't let go of Crowder's contract.  They're looking at another gentleman's sweep in the Con Finals.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Maybe I didn't understand the statement but he just made the West AS team.  By himself he doesn't move the needle that much but along with Morris it's a considerable team upgrade as he's as tough and far better offensively than Amir Johnson.  All of this is an effort to bolster Al's weaknesses but Ainge will soon find out it's not worth it.  

I like Bradley but they were rich in scrappy small guards, can't let go of Crowder's contract.  They're looking at another gentleman's sweep in the Con Finals.

It is better getting rid of Bradley than getting rid of Crowder but Hayward is a Joe Johnson type All-Star.  In the west, he made the team once and played the fewest minutes of all the wings on the bench.  In the East and in Boston he'll be likely to make token appearances at the games without being in consideration for the All-NBA team.  No one on that team will be an MVP candidate.

So Harden stinks up the joint in an elimination game (without Kawhi), gets drunk in the club immediately after, and is rewarded with the richest extension in history.  Damn the NBA is tone deaf.

Damn DeMarre.  He got traded along with a 1st and a 2nd for some cat named Justin Hamilton.  Getting killed pretty good by Raptors fans on the way out.

I always liked Jeff Green.  You can't tell me $2.3M to reinvigorate his career behind Lebron ain't a steal.

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

Toronto's been VERY active.

Busts up my idea of PG=Dennis and Bembry then SF=Prince and C.J. Miles. He got more money then I expected anyway.

Still would have a chance to field some kind of ten man rotation if we can bring in Reed for C. After the Miles soon to be SnT by Indy our backup SF free agent opportunities are incredibly slim now if Bembry does indeed get his minutes mostly at the guard spots. It doesn't have to be the FA route though so maybe something happens in a trade.